METRO FOOTBALL

shadow

Let's hear how the preseason practice is going, scrimmage results, and the expectations of the 2008 season.

The ANCIENT ONE has retired more times than any coach , he must have a severe case of anesthesia. You banjo pickers might have to consult Webster's to understand. A new football team in metro; just what is needed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ANCIENT ONE has retired more times than any coach , he must have a severe case of anesthesia. You banjo pickers might have to consult Webster's to understand. A new football team in metro; just what is needed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Just proud to be a part of this great game of football . Metro teams to make playoffs: 5A Hunters Lane, Antioch, and Overton. 4A Hillsboro, and Maplewood. 3A Pearl -Cohn. Not bad for a system!!!

Trust me when I say this "Stratford will not struggle this year I promise you they will get 3rd or 4th place in their region and make it into the playoff trust." If nobody with me I promise is getting in this year. They will beat Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Lawernce County, Pearl Cohn, and CPA. And they could possibly sneak up and beat Maplewood and Hunters Lane. But David Lipscomb and Hillsboro you possibly count us out but you never know. But I promise you that Stratford will make it to the playoffs.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... no serious, you are funny!!! i promise!!!

Hey shadow, I spoke with Coach Spears tonight at the Metro Jamboree at Maplewood. He said he'll try to get me an image of your helmes A.S.A.P.

Hunters Lane looked flawless tonight. They shutout defending 3A champions David Lipscomb 14-0. The Warriors scored on two long TD runs. They have a stellar defense. Outside of one big third down pass to Zack Rogers they didn't surrender much at all defensively to the Mustangs all night long. They can make another deep run into the 5A playoffs no doubt about it. #70 & #55 are studs on the Warriors defensive line.

I saw the first quarter of Maplewood vs Antioch. The Panthers are HUGE up front. #55, #64, #76, & #70 are all gigantic young men who are physical. Cantrell does a great job of finding the holes and accelerating through them in a hurry. #11 is the quarterback and he has a cannon for an arm. The TD pass he threw to #88 was a bullet.

Antioch is going to get Terrence Davis killed if they aren't careful. He is a stud but up front they didn't give him much at all tonight. If they can't learn to protect they are going to be in for a tough year.

Yes all true .. the TD to Parks was flawless!! ..and Hagan had a nice TD run later in the second, Defense was a monster, Cantrell should have a career season behind that line... one major thing to work on is penalties Antioch seem to have got more yards from penalties on Maplewood than anything, other than that id say MHS is ready!!

60spartan, is that your number? If so, you must be the only one on either side of the line. Stratford will be able to compete for a while with the skill players they have. It will not hold up through the course of each game much less the entire season. Injuries and quitter mentality will also be a pitfall for Stratford, not to mention lack of coaching. If the new version of Madden is out you guys might be able to come up with some new plays.

Playoffs!?!?!?!?! You want to talk about playoffs!?!?!?!?! Where's Jim Mora Sr. when you need him? You have no chance at the playoffs.

I wish you the best, but I don't see it.

Yes all true .. the TD to Parks was flawless!! ..and Hagan had a nice TD run later in the second, Defense was a monster, Cantrell should have a career season behind that line... one major thing to work on is penalties Antioch seem to have got more yards from penalties on Maplewood than anything, other than that id say MHS is ready!!

You do have to understand, that it is early, those mistakes will be ironed out. Didn't make it out last night, but was Maplewood that good, or Antioch that bad. I hear the line for the Bears needs some work, but I hear that the 'Wood has one of the best lines in the state. Boski, I am back on the bandwagon with you for this season, Maplewood will be playing again in December.

Trust me when I say this "Stratford will not struggle this year I promise you they will get 3rd or 4th place in their region and make it into the playoff trust." If nobody with me I promise is getting in this year. They will beat Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Lawernce County, Pearl Cohn, and CPA. And they could possibly sneak up and beat Maplewood and Hunters Lane. But David Lipscomb and Hillsboro you possibly count us out but you never know. But I promise you that Stratford will make it to the playoffs.

Stratford will not beat David Lipscomb or Hillsboro. No chance at all there.

They have no prayer of beating Maplewood, Tullahoma, CPA, Hunters Lane, or Pearl Cohn.

That leaves Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, & Whites Creek.

If the Spartans beat those three teams then the year is a success because they will have qualified for the TSSAA State Playoffs.

Stratford can be 3-7 and get a #4 seed. They can be 2-8 and still get a #4 seed if the right things fall into place with those other three teams. They can be 1-9. They can be 0-10.

If Stratford goes 5-5 or better then I am naming Coach Smith as the Metro/Nashville "Coach of the Year" because that would be a job WELL DONE!!!!

Guest workinprogress

Stratford will not beat David Lipscomb or Hillsboro. No chance at all there.

They have no prayer of beating Maplewood, Tullahoma, CPA, Hunters Lane, or Pearl Cohn.

That leaves Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, & Whites Creek.

If the Spartans beat those three teams then the year is a success because they will have qualified for the TSSAA State Playoffs.

Stratford can be 3-7 and get a #4 seed. They can be 2-8 and still get a #4 seed if the right things fall into place with those other three teams. They can be 1-9. They can be 0-10.

If Stratford goes 5-5 or better then I am naming Coach Smith as the Metro/Nashville "Coach of the Year" because that would be a job WELL DONE!!!!

Very true statements. catfish, I know you all have been highly successful but run into DL in the playoffs every year and come to a grinding halt. Next year will you all still be 3A or will you go down to 2A where I think you all could do some serious damage? I could see you all making it to Goodepasture if they are still 2A or even the championship with Alcoa if they stay 2A. Any thoughts?

Guest workinprogress

Boski---Where do you see any setbacks in your schedule this season. I know the burros will be tough to handle but I think you all get past them both times. Henry Co. will be incredibly tough in the semis and of course then there is Maryville. Does Maplewood have what it takes to go all the way?

Very true statements. catfish, I know you all have been highly successful but run into DL in the playoffs every year and come to a grinding halt. Next year will you all still be 3A or will you go down to 2A where I think you all could do some serious damage? I could see you all making it to Goodepasture if they are still 2A or even the championship with Alcoa if they stay 2A. Any thoughts?

We should drop and get into a region with Creek Wood, Montgomery Central, Fairview, Stewart Co., Harpeth, & Waverly Central. Year in and year out I would expect Creek Wood to be the favorite but you are right in saying that our chances for further postseason success would be greatly increased. Right now depth is something that kills the Cubs when they see those larger schools week in and week out. Our coaches are great and the kids have tremendous work ethic but you know as well as I do that talent is something that eventually comes up huge because not every team is going to let you out "fundamental" them or out "work" them.

Playing teams like Alcoa, Goodpasture, CPA, Milan, etc. in a late round playoff game is a very good thought that I'd love to have the opportunity to call one day down the line.

60spartan, is that your number? If so, you must be the only one on either side of the line. Stratford will be able to compete for a while with the skill players they have. It will not hold up through the course of each game much less the entire season. Injuries and quitter mentality will also be a pitfall for Stratford, not to mention lack of coaching. If the new version of Madden is out you guys might be able to come up with some new plays.

Playoffs!?!?!?!?! You want to talk about playoffs!?!?!?!?! Where's Jim Mora Sr. when you need him? You have no chance at the playoffs.

I wish you the best, but I don't see it.

That was my number last year I graduated this past year but I'm be at Stratford every game. They're going to make it to playoff believe me nobody is believing in me but I don't care because I believe they going to go 6-4.

Stratford is gone win the region