METRO FOOTBALL

shadow

Stratford is gone win the region

Are you trying to say Stratford is "gonna" win the region that includes the likes of Maplewood, Hillsboro, & Tullahoma?????

If they do then Smith is "National Coach of the Year" for 2008-2009 (all sports) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boski---Where do you see any setbacks in your schedule this season. I know the burros will be tough to handle but I think you all get past them both times. Henry Co. will be incredibly tough in the semis and of course then there is Maryville. Does Maplewood have what it takes to go all the way?

Maplewood will have two tough games during reg season, Hunters Lane and Hillsboro .. then in the playoffs .. 1st & 2nd round should be easy wins region 64a just dont have it this year, then hillsboro again but they should pull this one out as well, then Henry County should be a tough game if they can get past Melrose (im taking Melrose in this one), and Maryville or whoever it may be, Maplewood will be ready for them as well in the finals. so yes they have what it takes!

Maplewood will have two tough games during reg season, Hunters Lane and Hillsboro .. then in the playoffs .. 1st & 2nd round should be easy wins region 64a just dont have it this year, then hillsboro again but they should pull this one out as well, then Henry County should be a tough game if they can get past Melrose (im taking Melrose in this one), and Maryville or whoever it may be, Maplewood will be ready for them as well in the finals. so yes they have what it takes!

You know you have to get past us and past records put that in doubt. Last year a fluke.

You know you have to get past us and past records put that in doubt. Last year a fluke.

you dont call winning 3 games in the playoffs on the road a fluke.

getting past you guys ... has been figured out ..

your the ones who need to be trying to get past us..

last time i checked you guys lost your last game

and there is more where that came from

remember .. by game 6 youre going to be 2 - 3

and we know whats going down next ... 3 - 3

i know you see it coming

Hillsboro 27 Maryville 34

Hillsboro 26 Maryville 29

Hillsboro 10 Maryville 35

now this is something that we can surely say was not a fluke!!

we are going to do something in two tries that you couldnt do in three!

Maplewood will have two tough games during reg season, Hunters Lane and Hillsboro .. then in the playoffs

I would have to add Pearl Cohn & Ooltewah to that list as well. Maplewood has had tremendous success against the Firebirds in recent years but by no means will that game be a "pushover" in the eyes of Thompson & the players. Ooltewah is an elite 5A football program and they are a challenge.

I saw the Maplewood guys jawing with that huge assistant coach from Hunters Lane (wearing the arm sling) last Thursday night. Looks like that rivalry is going to be heated!

Maplewood against Hillsboro will decide the Region 5-4A title and then it will decide a trip to the state semifinals.

Henry Co. or Melrose will be waiting in the state semifinals and as much fun as we've had at the expense of those two teams you know they are going to be tests.

If Maplewood goes to the Blue Cross Bowl this year they'll face 6 huge tests along the way. They should win their first two playoff games rather easily. Tullahoma is not "great" this year by any means and they can't matchup with Maplewood's athletes Whites Creek & Stratford just don't have enough talented players.

Pearl Cohn, Ooltewah, Hunters Lane, Hillsboro (x2), & either Henry Co. or Melrose.........This will be the tough tests leading up to Maplewood-Maryville II.

Hillsboro 27 Maryville 34

Hillsboro 26 Maryville 29

Hillsboro 10 Maryville 35

now this is something that we can surely say was not a fluke!!

we are going to do something in two tries that you couldnt do in three!

Boski, you continue to live in the river in Egypt if you think that this year's Maplewood team is better than ANY of those three Hillsboro teams that lost to Maryville. IF Maplewood makes it back to the State Championship they are very likely going to lose AGAIN to Maryville. Sorry, but Maryville is just that good. Maplewood is not any better of a program than Hillsboro as much as you tell yourself it is.

We only have a month until HHS-Maplewood......until then....Go Burros!

I would have to add Pearl Cohn & Ooltewah to that list as well. Maplewood has had tremendous success against the Firebirds in recent years but by no means will that game be a "pushover" in the eyes of Thompson & the players. Ooltewah is an elite 5A football program and they are a challenge.

I saw the Maplewood guys jawing with that huge assistant coach from Hunters Lane (wearing the arm sling) last Thursday night. Looks like that rivalry is going to be heated!

Maplewood against Hillsboro will decide the Region 5-4A title and then it will decide a trip to the state semifinals.

Henry Co. or Melrose will be waiting in the state semifinals and as much fun as we've had at the expense of those two teams you know they are going to be tests.

If Maplewood goes to the Blue Cross Bowl this year they'll face 6 huge tests along the way. They should win their first two playoff games rather easily. Tullahoma is not "great" this year by any means and they can't matchup with Maplewood's athletes Whites Creek & Stratford just don't have enough talented players.

Pearl Cohn, Ooltewah, Hunters Lane, Hillsboro (x2), & either Henry Co. or Melrose.........This will be the tough tests leading up to Maplewood-Maryville II.

no disrespct to the firebirds.. i got much love for those guys ..they like the lil metro brother who is just not ready to take big brothers cake but they keep trying (reminds me of the alcoa - maryville games ).. ill root for PC every game except the Maplewood game .. dont get me wrong .. they are a good team ..just no match for the Panthers .. Cantrell started that streak 3 years ago ..he is not going to let it end on his watch.

and who? Ooltewah? who? oh them owls!! boooo!!!! they squeaked by last year with a few very controversial calls

..but dont look for that to happen again ..they are at our house this time ..and look for Maplewood to put them away and not toy with them this time!!

i dont consider them elite at all .. they made a nice run in 06 .. and that was it , and after doing some research they look pretty average and thats not going to win this game.

yeah it looks tough ...and so did last years run ..but they made it ..and they can do it again .. it doesnt have to be perfect either.

im looking foward to it!

Boski, you continue to live in the river in Egypt if you think that this year's Maplewood team is better than ANY of those three Hillsboro teams that lost to Maryville. IF Maplewood makes it back to the State Championship they are very likely going to lose AGAIN to Maryville. Sorry, but Maryville is just that good. Maplewood is not any better of a program than Hillsboro as much as you tell yourself it is.

We only have a month until HHS-Maplewood......until then....Go Burros!

yes i do think that Maplewood is a better team than those sqauds ..how u go ask me something so stupid? ...

as you continue to live in the u hate des river .. slang for "euphrates" hi neighbor ..the misses looks mighty nice today!!

i knew it ....you are on maryvilles jock .. and i dont see that happening ..not this time jack ..and you knopw they are better ..you just dont want to face it ..but soon you will have no choice!!!

I wasn't there then.

and youre not there now ...and it still would not have made an bit of difference... lol

nice try though ..maybe next year

yes i do think that Maplewood is a better team than those sqauds ..how u go ask me something so stupid? ...

as you continue to live in the u hate des river .. slang for "euphrates" hi neighbor ..the misses looks mighty nice today!!

i knew it ....you are on maryvilles jock .. and i dont see that happening ..not this time jack ..and you knopw they are better ..you just dont want to face it ..but soon you will have no choice!!!

I'll try again Boski. It is called RESPECT FOR YOUR OPPONENT. Learn it. Maryville is the team to beat. Maplewood hasn't even won their region since the last time Maryville lost a game. However, Maryville fans themselves will tell you that those 2001 and 2002 Hillsboro teams were better than last year's Maplewood team or this year's Maplewood team for that matter.

You are continuing to live in that river in Egypt. I don't have any hate for Maplewood. I was proud of them to be able to represent Metro-Nashville in the 4A State Championship game since Hillsboro didn't take advantage of their opportunity. I just call a spade a spade. Maryville is currently a better program than Maplewood and Hillsboro is currently a better program than Maplewood. Maybe that will change. Maybe it won't. We'll begin to see in one month when Maplewood comes to John Koen stadium. Good luck to the Panthers until then!

• 2 months later...