METRO FOOTBALL

shadow

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hear how the preseason practice is going, scrimmage results, and the expectations of the 2008 season.

Hillsboro has been working hard this preseason in preparation for a great season and another 5-4A region championship. We have scrimmaged Smyrna (7-0) and Ensworth (14-13) in recent weeks and are set to scrimmage BA this Thursday at John Koen Stadium. I expect this Hillsboro team to accomplish great things this year IF they come together as a team and begin to not care about individual glory.

Regardless, it shall be an exciting 2008 football season over at the "Boro of the Burros."

I went to the Stratford-Hillwood scrimmage, and based on what I saw, I forecast a long year for Hillwood. Phillips is going to be a good HC there, but he doesn't have the horses right now.

I sure do wish Mose Phillips the very best as a HC. He just has an extremely tough gig at Hillwood right now, but I believe he can do the things to get it going in the right direction again. Good luck to Coach Phillips and the Hilltoppers this season!

Hunters Lane, Antioch, Maplewood, Hillsboro, & Pearl Cohn will all have good years /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Overton, McGavock, & Whites Creek have the potential to make the State Playoffs.

Glencliff, Stratford, & Hillwood have difficult mountains to climb in order to get back to respectability.

How are things going at East Literature for you guys shadow??????? Could you send me an image of your football helmets to add to the HSF Database??????

Hunters Lane, Antioch, Maplewood, Hillsboro, & Pearl Cohn will all have good years /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Overton, McGavock, & Whites Creek have the potential to make the State Playoffs.

Glencliff, Stratford, & Hillwood have difficult mountains to climb in order to get back to respectability.

The egales are still trying to be brave enough to leave the nest. A very challenging year at East Lit, but the players are giving good effort and seemed to want to learn how to play winning football.

How are things going at East Literature for you guys shadow??????? Could you send me an image of your football helmets to add to the HSF Database??????

Hey shadow, I spoke with Coach Spears tonight at the Metro Jamboree at Maplewood. He said he'll try to get me an image of your helmes A.S.A.P.

Hunters Lane looked flawless tonight. They shutout defending 3A champions David Lipscomb 14-0. The Warriors scored on two long TD runs. They have a stellar defense. Outside of one big third down pass to Zack Rogers they didn't surrender much at all defensively to the Mustangs all night long. They can make another deep run into the 5A playoffs no doubt about it. #70 & #55 are studs on the Warriors defensive line.

I saw the first quarter of Maplewood vs Antioch. The Panthers are HUGE up front. #55, #64, #76, & #70 are all gigantic young men who are physical. Cantrell does a great job of finding the holes and accelerating through them in a hurry. #11 is the quarterback and he has a cannon for an arm. The TD pass he threw to #88 was a bullet.

Antioch is going to get Terrence Davis killed if they aren't careful. He is a stud but up front they didn't give him much at all tonight. If they can't learn to protect they are going to be in for a tough year.

Trust me when I say this "Stratford will not struggle this year I promise you they will get 3rd or 4th place in their region and make it into the playoff trust." If nobody with me I promise is getting in this year. They will beat Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Lawernce County, Pearl Cohn, and CPA. And they could possibly sneak up and beat Maplewood and Hunters Lane. But David Lipscomb and Hillsboro you possibly count us out but you never know. But I promise you that Stratford will make it to the playoffs.

Trust me when I say this "Stratford will not struggle this year I promise you they will get 3rd or 4th place in their region and make it into the playoff trust." If nobody with me I promise is getting in this year. They will beat Tullahoma, Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Lawernce County, Pearl Cohn, and CPA. And they could possibly sneak up and beat Maplewood and Hunters Lane. But David Lipscomb and Hillsboro you possibly count us out but you never know. But I promise you that Stratford will make it to the playoffs.

Dude, put down the pipe and get some help.