Greenbrier welcomes Pope John Paul II - Week 0

GreenbrierCat2

Did the DB for PJPII try to pick off the pass that Ziegler caught on the deflection or did he try to knock it to the ground and Ziegler caught it anyway????? I just read the article in the Tennessean and was really confused.

That sounds like it was the wildest game of the night in Week 0 for the second year in a row and Greenbrier again won it in the final moments of the contest. Congrats to the Bobcats!

PJPII has to be heartbroken after losing that one. From the article that I read it seemed as if they controlled the game and had it taken from them by a gritty Greenbrier squad in the end /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was at the game as a neutral fan....It looked like it was a pick-off attempt that bounced up in the air and recovered by Ziegler; he headed for the endzone; the ball was knocked out and into the endzone by a JPII defender and covered after a scramble by Greenbrier.

Another little tidbit..Greenbrier's QB had just come back from having his bell rung...the previous play the reserve QB actually took a delay of game penalty to allow the starter to return for the big play. Planned? If so, it was a good move by the 'Cat coaches. Game-winner, as a matter of fact.

This game was won on the backs of the Cat defense...they scrapped like wild cats to hassle both runners and backs in order to slow down JP's potent offense just enough for the offense to find its sea legs. Great game to watch!

Gotta love the new stadium, too. You guys on the ridge did a whale of a job with the rebuild!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic