Gordonsville at Cheatham County

Just wondering, what film did you see of Gville.

And, is CC still running splitbacks with the veer as their bread and butter.

The few minutes that I saw was the 3-WAY deal that they had with Livingston Academy & Upperman. I only saw a few minutes of them against LA.

Cheatham Co. will always run the veer. Coach Finley has won several football games at CCCHS running that play. Sam Reeves, Landon Jones, & Corey Randolph all had huge seasons running that play for the Cubs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The few minutes that I saw was the 3-WAY deal that they had with Livingston Academy & Upperman. I only saw a few minutes of them against LA.

Cheatham Co. will always run the veer. Coach Finley has won several football games at CCCHS running that play. Sam Reeves, Landon Jones, & Corey Randolph all had huge seasons running that play for the Cubs.

I saw where the Tennessean picked the cubs to place 6th in ya'lls region.

Surely ya'll don't believe that with the players you got returning.

I saw where the Tennessean picked the cubs to place 6th in ya'lls region.

Surely ya'll don't believe that with the players you got returning.

That is also what the coaches predicted (as shown in Murphy Fair's Magazine).

Let's just say that the Cubs Nation is hoping that there is something lucky about the #6 /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That is also what the coaches predicted (as shown in Murphy Fair's Magazine).

Let's just say that the Cubs Nation is hoping that there is something lucky about the #6 /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

CCCHS it seems is almost always picked 6th. It has been more than six years since they have finished worse than 4th. Let the pickers keep picking and the players keep playing.

CCCHS it seems is almost always picked 6th. It has been more than six years since they have finished worse than 4th. Let the pickers keep picking and the players keep playing.

I never put much stock into what the Tennessean picks.

Especially in the lower classes.

It seems that they really only pay attention to 4 and 5A.

In 2002, 2005, 2006, & 2007 neither the Tennessean or the Coaches (Murphy Fair's Magazine) projected the Cubs to make the TSSAA 3A State Playoffs during the preseason.

In 2003 & 2004 the Cubs were picked to be a playoff team but that's when they were in 2A playing Lewis Co., Fairview, Harpeth, Waverly Central, Richland, Loretto, etc.

In 1997 when the Cubs last made the 4A playoffs they were picked to finish 6th in the region by the coaches. I found that old article in a past edition of the Ashland City Times.

Like a poster said earlier (I'll edit his words)...........predictions are people who pick 'em and winning is for players at Cheatham /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All of you G'Ville fans out there have a safe trip to Ashland City tomorrow evening. Stop by and grab a great pregame meal at one of those recommended restaurants. Bring those radios to listen to all of tomorrow night's LIVE action. On your journeys home stop by and enjoy the 62nd annual Cheatham County Fair with your families.

For those of you not making the trip tomorrow you can hear all of the action by going to the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page and clicking on the link titled "Cubs Friday Night" under the Main Menu. The link titled "Cubs Radio Network" will direct you to the LIVE broadcast of the game. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM tomorrow night and the pregame show will start at 7:10PM.

I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cody Woodmore is the sophomore tailback. He saw a lot of playing time as a freshman at LB.

All the returning starters that I can think of is Malone, Whigham, Hearn, J.D. Butler and Josh Young, and I think Butler injured.

I'm not really for sure if Gillespie is still with the team or not, so I don't know how the kicking game will be.

Yes, Marshall did coach for Medley at Lebanon, and he was the head coach for a couple of years after Medley left.

Then, I believe he was the head coach at Wilson Central when they started that program.

I don't have any warm and fuzzy feelings about this game. With Gordonsville being so young and the Cubs returning the starters that they do, it may be vry tough for Gville.

BTW, how is Garrett Potts looking this year, I was impressed with last year.

Go Tigers WHOOOOOOO! Wish I could be there...I'll wear my blue in white...Cherio CHaps.