Observations of Friday night Finley jamboree

OwlPride

Ooltewah is going to be very good IF they stay healthy. Jacquez is a one man wrecking crew. When the offense gets Gino Norwood off the disabled list, it is going to be dangerous. Brady has shown flashes of being a bigtime qb but still needs to become more consistent(doesn't everybody?) Johnny Myricks appears to be the most improved player on the team. He has gone from a guy that was basically a jv player as a junior to a top receiving threat. With Norwood,Myricks, and Seamster at wr, is their a better group in the state?

Walker Valley is very,very much improved and has begun to tap into Cleveland's talent pool. They will upset somebody they aren't supposed to beat and may be playoff bound. I know they played a Notre Dame team that was absolutely pathetic, but I have watched Walker Valley scrimmage and last night comfirmed my observations.

Baylor MIGHT win one game. How does a school that prides itself on having one of the nation's top athletic programs become so bad? Who cares about golf and tennis except Lookout Mountain people? DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOUR SELF BETTER OR GIVE IT UP!

If Baylor played Notre Dame, they might win two games because this Notre Dame team is AWFUL. Their backfield might not make it thru the season because their line play is atrocious. Brainerd was without a doubt the most unorganized team and were more athletic than Baylor and Notre Dame, but played bad football.

Boyd Buchanan had the best qb of any team on the field. He was throwing to a number of targets that were Ooltewah transfers. Imagine how good he could be throwing to bigtime talents like Norwood and Seamster?

East Ridge is very young at the skill positions and I believe they will struggle. Lastly, and I don't mean to dog a kid, but is there a more over-hyped and over rated player than PJ Hubbard at Soddy Daisy?

"Baylor MIGHT win one game. How does a school that prides itself on having one of the nation's top athletic programs become so bad? Who cares about golf and tennis except Lookout Mountain people? DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOUR SELF BETTER OR GIVE IT UP!"

Baylor will be OK. They ran two different plays over and over and appeared to stay in cover 3 base the whole time. They've played pretty well in their scrimmages.

Nic Hughes is a good quarterback with a lot of talent. I hope he stays healthy and has a great year. Boyd will be OK too.

Let's play four quarters that matter before we crown anybody or discard anybody.

Ooltewah is going to be very good IF they stay healthy. Jacquez is a one man wrecking crew. When the offense gets Gino Norwood off the disabled list, it is going to be dangerous. Brady has shown flashes of being a bigtime qb but still needs to become more consistent(doesn't everybody?) Johnny Myricks appears to be the most improved player on the team. He has gone from a guy that was basically a jv player as a junior to a top receiving threat. With Norwood,Myricks, and Seamster at wr, is their a better group in the state?

Walker Valley is very,very much improved and has begun to tap into Cleveland's talent pool. They will upset somebody they aren't supposed to beat and may be playoff bound. I know they played a Notre Dame team that was absolutely pathetic, but I have watched Walker Valley scrimmage and last night comfirmed my observations.

Baylor MIGHT win one game. How does a school that prides itself on having one of the nation's top athletic programs become so bad? Who cares about golf and tennis except Lookout Mountain people? DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOUR SELF BETTER OR GIVE IT UP!

If Baylor played Notre Dame, they might win two games because this Notre Dame team is AWFUL. Their backfield might not make it thru the season because their line play is atrocious. Brainerd was without a doubt the most unorganized team and were more athletic than Baylor and Notre Dame, but played bad football.

Boyd Buchanan had the best qb of any team on the field. He was throwing to a number of targets that were Ooltewah transfers. Imagine how good he could be throwing to bigtime talents like Norwood and Seamster?

East Ridge is very young at the skill positions and I believe they will struggle. Lastly, and I don't mean to dog a kid, but is there a more over-hyped and over rated player than PJ Hubbard at Soddy Daisy?

It is real hard to get a good read on a team in a jamboree, IMO. However, I did like what I saw from Boyd, Walker Vallley, Bradley, McCallie, Ooltewah, Red Bank, McMinn and Cleveland. Grace and Silverdale did some nice things also both playing up three classifications. No way either one of them beats South Pitt. How is PJ playing anyway? He played at Ooltewah last year week 0, transferred to Tyner and now is at Soddy-Daisy. I am sure they moved and everything! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Three schools in less that a year that's pretty impressive. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would not write Baylor off just yet. Notre Dame, well, they might be in for a long season.

Players - Smith, Seamster, Myricks and the defense from Ooltewah. Boyd's QB, Miller from ER, Bradley's RB, Red Bank's new RB(maybe the best in town), Tucker Tipton from Cleveland, Josh Blake from Grace, McMinn's QB and Scogin and Jay from McCallie. Should be a fun year to watch high school football.