Haywood at JCM

big D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood had a great outing in their jamboree debut against Munford. Haywood will run the ball all over JCM just as Milan did. This game will be won by the most disciplined team with the fewest turnovers and penalties as well as the better conditioned team. Look for a lot of jawwin goin on as this is one of the bigger games of the year for both teams. Haywood put it on them last year. Will it be a repeat or will the cougars hold their ground..ought to be a good game to watch in week 0.

You were right about the turnovers. JCM fumbled 2 punt returns inside the 10 that led to Haywood`s only two scores. One of those was scored without the haywood offense having to get on the field.

You were wrong though about Haywood being able to run the ball all over JCM. In fact Haywood had trouble moving the ball all night against JCM`s defense. And you were wrong about the better conditioned team winning the game. Haywood was flat worn out by the fourth quarter and JCM just kept on coming.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well JCM handled Haywood. JCM lost this game, but looked to be the better team. Makes me wonder how good Haywood is this year. I don`t think anyone could expect great things from JCM this year after last years dismal performance, but WOW...Coach Glover has these guys headed in the right direction.

Looks like most folks on here didn`t give JCM enough credit or gave Haywood too much.

JCM over the past few years has had MORE TALENT than about anybody....Cedric Hampton came into those kids...( Ricky Borner, Tavis Hogsett, etc that the previous coach had left him)....and did pretty good that one year...lost to Melrose in the playoffs....Then he had more D-1 prospects than about anyone...And did he have a winning season after that?....I hear a lot of players have transferred to Liberty Tech to play basketball and football....But nail biter against Brownsville....Really sounds like Coach Glover has that ship pointed in the right direction...Surprises me...

JCM over the past few years has had MORE TALENT than about anybody....Cedric Hampton came into those kids...( Ricky Borner, Tavis Hogsett, etc that the previous coach had left him)....and did pretty good that one year...lost to Melrose in the playoffs....Then he had more D-1 prospects than about anyone...And did he have a winning season after that?....I hear a lot of players have transferred to Liberty Tech to play basketball and football....But nail biter against Brownsville....Really sounds like Coach Glover has that ship pointed in the right direction...Surprises me...

Yep. It doesn`t necessarily surprise me as much as it pleases me. JCM has some great kids over there. I talked to some "folks" at the game and from what I heard and from what I saw there is reason for Cougar fans to be excited. I`m not even saying they will make the playoffs this year, but if Friday night was any indication, better days are ahead for the Cougars. Honestly Hampton was a very bad hire. It took him 4 years to take JCM from the best team in West TN to one of it`s lowest points in the history of the school. Glover is giving this team some direction. It`s not gonna happen overnight, but the Cougars are heading i the right direction.

haywood is 1-0.... end of story.

the jcm field was trash, the clocks didnt work, bull crap calls.

all im sayin is Kirby better watch out this friday in brownsville....

No doubt Haywood won the game. But Haywood was lucky. Two gift punt return fumbles at the 10 yard line gave Haywood their only two scores. Haywood only managed 111 yards the entire game. Haywood was worn out by the 4th quarter. If I was a haywood fan I`d be very worried about the team conditioning and the fact they couldn`t move the ball against a team that didn`t have a spring practice and only had a head coach for three weeks.

BTW....It`s Lane College`s field now.

No doubt Haywood won the game. But Haywood was lucky. Two gift punt return fumbles at the 10 yard line gave Haywood their only two scores. Haywood only managed 111 yards the entire game. Haywood was worn out by the 4th quarter. If I was a haywood fan I`d be very worried about the team conditioning and the fact they couldn`t move the ball against a team that didn`t have a spring practice and only had a head coach for three weeks.

BTW....It`s Lane College`s field now.

well i mean the 3rd quarter only lasted 30+ minutes so you be the judge. the entire game lasted over 3 hours.

there is nothing the fans or the team should be worried about other than having better refs and a better field.

lucky? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> so were the wide receivers for bolivar "lucky" when catching the passes, running the ball?

better team won period

well i mean the 3rd quarter only lasted 30+ minutes so you be the judge. the entire game lasted over 3 hours.

there is nothing the fans or the team should be worried about other than having better refs and a better field.

lucky? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> so were the wide receivers for bolivar "lucky" when catching the passes, running the ball?

better team won period

okay.