Polk Co. at Bledsoe Co.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little late there on Swafford! He is already coaching in Bledsoe County in Baseball.And his team just happened to win the state championship as well! If the need ever come up,I am sure he would be welcomed back.The man took a head coaching job in Grundy because he loves to coach.This is the same for the Bargers.

Not taking anything away from the fine 5 & 6 year old players and the effort they put forth in the state tournament, anytime you go across the mountain and win in baseball it is an accomplishment to be proud of, but they did not win the state tournament, they won the consolation tournament, which means they won a tournament of the teams that lost their first two games in the reaL STATE TOURNAMENT. Again not trying to take anything away from the players or coaches, but just keeping it real.

The Swafford just needs to stay in Grundy Co and not ever come to Bledsoe Co to coach anything......

Agreed.

Well as I said without blockers this is what you get. QB threw 1 maybe 2 picks that were on him, the others were lack of blocking. Get to work on that O line and the offense will improve. I thought the defense looked decent early then fell apart when the score got bad. Doesn't appear to be getting any better as the middle school had the same blocking problems the night before.

What about the chest bumping def coordinator?

There's a pretty big difference between Little Blue and High School.....

Agreed.

Not taking anything away from the fine 5 & 6 year old players and the effort they put forth in the state tournament, anytime you go across the mountain and win in baseball it is an accomplishment to be proud of, but they did not win the state tournament, they won the consolation tournament, which means they won a tournament of the teams that lost their first two games in the reaL STATE TOURNAMENT. Again not trying to take anything away from the players or coaches, but just keeping it real.

Agreed.

While you are partially correct it is still deemed Class B State Champs! Check the DIzzy dean website so that you dont have to take my word for it!Right there in Black and White will show that you are INCORRECT! Now to the rest I think that you 2 cats miss the point on all together.Swafford is already coaching and living in Bledsoe County.Do you think he was supposed to pass up the job and not go to Grundy?? Why the comment and give the Bargers the pass????

I for one am very proud of the 5-6 year olds that brought a state championship home to Bledsoe County!!!!!!! Anyone that tries to make a 5 year old baseball championship look like it wasn't legit is in bad shape.... I thank Coach Swafford & the other coaches for doing what no other coach has ever done & that's win a State Championship with the youth of Bledsoe County. I can guarentee you one thing Hubbie will never bring a district Championship to Pikeville let alone a State Championship, & the last time I remember a District Championship comming to Pikeville there was a Swafford at the Helm of that team....... I watched Coach Swafford take alot less talent, alot less speed, & several less kids and beat us in a scrimmage head to head Bledsoe B have you done forgot that??

Can someone please tell me one reason Bledsoe Co. High School has the worst coach in the region, & with 3 other Alumni coaching that are all heads above Hubbie ( Hubbie has never beaten any of them even in scrimages)??????? Why do the kids in the High School have to settle for this 3rd rate coach when we have several good coaches that are Alumni??? Do you think the kids at the middle school want to come play for Hubbie???? I know for a fact my kids will not Play for him & I can vouch for several parents that feel the same way & it is a shame for our kids here in this county not to have the same advantages of kids in each & every other surrounding counties...... As long as we hire 3rd rate Coaches, we are going to have a 3rd rate program plain & simple!!!!!! There was 2 or 3 kids on the team last year that could have played Div II & III College Ball but our Athletic director & Coached didn't try & help any of them. With the Tax rate we pay we should have top of the line schools, teachers, counslers, Sports equipment, coaching staffs & ect, but yet our School system heads settle for 3rd rate in all of the above catagories & as a lifelong citizen of this county & lifelong Warrior Faithful & past 4 year player it is a Very Sad to see the Politics & the way things are done today!!!!!!!

Well as I said without blockers this is what you get. QB threw 1 maybe 2 picks that were on him, the others were lack of blocking. Get to work on that O line and the offense will improve. I thought the defense looked decent early then fell apart when the score got bad. Doesn't appear to be getting any better as the middle school had the same blocking problems the night before.

What about the chest bumping def coordinator?

Agreed.

What do tou mean QB threw 1 maybe 2 picks that were on him, and the others were lack of blocking. Did the blockers throw the ball? No lack of experience is what caused the turovers. Give him time the QB will be fine.

Can someone please tell me one reason Bledsoe Co. High School has the worst coach in the region, & with 3 other Alumni coaching that are all heads above Hubbie ( Hubbie has never beaten any of them even in scrimages)??????? Why do the kids in the High School have to settle for this 3rd rate coach when we have several good coaches that are Alumni??? Do you think the kids at the middle school want to come play for Hubbie???? I know for a fact my kids will not Play for him & I can vouch for several parents that feel the same way & it is a shame for our kids here in this county not to have the same advantages of kids in each & every other surrounding counties...... As long as we hire 3rd rate Coaches, we are going to have a 3rd rate program plain & simple!!!!!! There was 2 or 3 kids on the team last year that could have played Div II & III College Ball but our Athletic director & Coached didn't try & help any of them. With the Tax rate we pay we should have top of the line schools, teachers, counslers, Sports equipment, coaching staffs & ect, but yet our School system heads settle for 3rd rate in all of the above catagories & as a lifelong citizen of this county & lifelong Warrior Faithful & past 4 year player it is a Very Sad to see the Politics & the way things are done today!!!!!!!

?????

Polecat

I for one am very proud of the 5-6 year olds that brought a state championship home to Bledsoe County!!!!!!! Anyone that tries to make a 5 year old baseball championship look like it wasn't legit is in bad shape.... I thank Coach Swafford & the other coaches for doing what no other coach has ever done & that's win a State Championship with the youth of Bledsoe County. I can guarentee you one thing Hubbie will never bring a district Championship to Pikeville let alone a State Championship, & the last time I remember a District Championship comming to Pikeville there was a Swafford at the Helm of that team....... I watched Coach Swafford take alot less talent, alot less speed, & several less kids and beat us in a scrimmage head to head Bledsoe B have you done forgot that??

WE HAVE 5 FORMER PLAYERS THAT ARE HEAD COACHS....HUBERT BCHS, JIM SWAFFORD GRUNDY. CHAD ,SEQUATCHIE , DAVID, CENTRAL, JOHNNY HARRISON, SUNBRIGHT........I'M SURE THEY ARE ALL STILL AT THESE SCHOOLS...........

WE HAVE 5 FORMER PLAYERS THAT ARE HEAD COACHS....HUBERT BCHS, JIM SWAFFORD GRUNDY. CHAD ,SEQUATCHIE , DAVID, CENTRAL, JOHNNY HARRISON, SUNBRIGHT........I'M SURE THEY ARE ALL STILL AT THESE SCHOOLS...........

Out of those 5 coaches J. H. how would you personally rate them 1 thru 5 on the job they do as a head football coach???????