O.J. Mayo's brother

montague1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd Mayo is transferring to Houston High School. He is the brother of former USC star O.J. Mayo. Todd averaged 24 points per game last year as a sophomore and will certainly be a great addition to Houston.

Todd Mayo

Todd already has D-1 offers.

Houston is in the same division as Ridgeway, Kirby, White Station, Germantown, Wooddale, Southwind, Overton, and Collierville. I can count at least 8 loses off top he will have playing @ Houston High. He will lose 1st round in the district every year and never make a state run. Houston will lose about 16 games this season watch. Mr. Joe Jackson will gladly welcome him to Memphis.

I'm hearing he may end up at Briarcrest instead.

That sounds more like it and would make more sense. He can basically play wherever he wants.

It's still a good scoop. Sounds like the kid is a player. I'm pretty sure Memphis is a whole lot tougher that Huntington WV though. I hope he has success playing in the Memphis area.

It is sad that many athletes don't look at academics first when they move into an area. White Station has a great academic program. Houston's is also very solid. MUS among the privates are is the best. MAYBE A GOOD EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC FOUNDATION WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE PARENTS THAN WINNING 25 OR 30 GAMES. IF HE IS A GOOD PLAYER THE COLLEGES WILL FIND HIM AND THEY ALREADY HAVE HIM IN THIER RADAR. YES Houston and Collierville will always struggle in boy's hoops, but priorities are different in every situation.

It is sad that many athletes don't look at academics first when they move into an area. White Station has a great academic program. Houston's is also very solid. MUS among the privates are is the best. MAYBE A GOOD EDUCATION AND ACADEMIC FOUNDATION WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT TO THE PARENTS THAN WINNING 25 OR 30 GAMES. IF HE IS A GOOD PLAYER THE COLLEGES WILL FIND HIM AND THEY ALREADY HAVE HIM IN THIER RADAR. YES Houston and Collierville will always struggle in boy's hoops, but priorities are different in every situation.

If you was not from Collierville you wouldn’t be saying that. This Messageboard is about basketball ball you don’t like it start your own board.

This is not title the academic message board!!! Lol!!! Coacht has not started that 1 yet. Maybe you should suggest it to him.

Bottom line is this board is about BASKETBALL! Are academics important? YES!

Legend, your opinion is valuable. I regret that you feel that academics should not be considered. I wonder how many of the Mitchell and Manassas athletes would be able to attend 4 year schools and not junior college if academics would have be stressed more. Their basketball skill is unquestioned!

Thats not what im saying. When your on this board basketball is 1st thats what this board is about. No-1 comes on this board and thinks about academics 1st. By the way Willie Payne (Walters State) Roy McFadgon (Chatt State) Adrew Jefferies (Lamboth Univ) Cortez Johnson (Lamboth Univ) did Qualify for d-1. Reggie Buckner keep his grades up his Sr. season he will qualify for his scholarship.

Dragonmaster you are technically right, but this is the basketball mesage board thats what im saying.

Not always.

Some coaches don't always promote their players like they should. If you don't play AAU circuits you will be ignored by the recruiting services ( which do have an impact) all the while having the potential to be a Top 100 player and fall through the cracks. I can understand a potential high profile recruit going to a school with some history of getting players into big schools and major D-1 programs. It's not about winning games per se but rather it comes down to exposure. Being a high profile recruit on a high profile team can get you the attention of high profile college programs.

Houston and C-ville are both fine schools and if I had kids I wouldn't have a second thought about sending them there. Briarcrest's academics are more than fine I'm sure. ( and please let me stress that there isn't any hard evidence that he's going there) And I'm not so sure the Mustangs and Dragons will always struggle in basketball. I used to say the same thing about Bolton and football.