6-5A predicitions in TENNESSEAN - agree or disagree- your picks

overseascoach

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know about the rankings but... i do believe that the Franklin quarterback is someone to watch in the region. he is an exceptional quarterback and a great kid. i had the pleasure of meeting him. last year the running game took off for the Rebels and he did whatever it took for his team to win. he is a class act and deserves the recognition. now, rankings i believe Brentwood could edge out Franklin for region champs, followed by Indy and Ravenwood/Cent. should be a great year in 6-5A. lets all have some fun and pray there are no serious injuries for all teams this year.

i dont know about the rankings but... i do believe that the Franklin quarterback is someone to watch in the region. he is an exceptional quarterback and a great kid. i had the pleasure of meeting him. last year the running game took off for the Rebels and he did whatever it took for his team to win. he is a class act and deserves the recognition. now, rankings i believe Brentwood could edge out Franklin for region champs, followed by Indy and Ravenwood/Cent. should be a great year in 6-5A. lets all have some fun and pray there are no serious injuries for all teams this year.

thing is with lee at tailback does he need to pass the ball (lol)

If Centennial makes the playoffs (and they probably will not but it will be close) Chaze Scales QB/Ath would almost have to be the best offensive player in the region. This is especially due to the fact that he would be accounting for almost all of Centennial's offensive production. But I would take him over Franklin QB.

A dark horse will be Indy QB Nick Smith (if given the correct opportunity).

If Centennial makes the playoffs (and they probably will not but it will be close) Chaze Scales QB/Ath would almost have to be the best offensive player in the region. This is especially due to the fact that he would be accounting for almost all of Centennial's offensive production. But I would take him over Franklin QB.

believe me... everyone has their favorite QB. however, Nichols has established himself and the thing i like most about him is that A. he has a great QB body frame about 6'2 or 6'3 around 185 to 190 B. his experience under the center is going on 2 1/2 years C. he is very smart and can put Franklin in good situations. you cant put a price on the QB's knowledge and experience.

Chaze Scales should be very exciting to watch with the Cent. offense. I still think though Nichols has a slight edge over him just due to experience and knowledge. this region should put out some very good talent this year all the way around.

believe me... everyone has their favorite QB. however, Nichols has established himself and the thing i like most about him is that A. he has a great QB body frame about 6'2 or 6'3 around 185 to 190 B. his experience under the center is going on 2 1/2 years C. he is very smart and can put Franklin in good situations. you cant put a price on the QB's knowledge and experience.

Chaze Scales should be very exciting to watch with the Cent. offense. I still think though Nichols has a slight edge over him just due to experience and knowledge. this region should put out some very good talent this year all the way around.

i agree nichols has some great tools, but scales has the best tight end around in D Kelly- however my money still is with Heckman as the kid just knows how to win. . . . .

sleeper love ya but what is the deal here with Nick Smith are you his dad or something or his peewee QB caoch-- remember memphis East

Scales has two things working in his favor this year.

1. The best O-line that CHS has put together since 04. Still not as big as BHS or FHS, but they do have some big guys on there and have learned how to move the pocket.

2. ALOT of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. In the backfield, CHS will be expected to go to both Tony Kemp and Raymond Jackson, giving the Cougars a "thunder and lightning" combo to throw defenses off. We mentioned Kelly will provide a huge target, but CHS also returns Jacob Estrada, Tim Harris, and Eli Spallinger, all of whom showed some promise last season.

Scales has two things working in his favor this year.

1. The best O-line that CHS has put together since 04. Still not as big as BHS or FHS, but they do have some big guys on there and have learned how to move the pocket.

2. ALOT of weapons on the offensive side of the ball. In the backfield, CHS will be expected to go to both Tony Kemp and Raymond Jackson, giving the Cougars a "thunder and lightning" combo to throw defenses off. We mentioned Kelly will provide a huge target, but CHS also returns Jacob Estrada, Tim Harris, and Eli Spallinger, all of whom showed some promise last season.

The Cougars have a chance to do very well. Best wishes for a great year. Go Cougars,I'll be cheering for you.