Week 1: Rhea County Golden Eagles vs. Cumberland County Jets

odoylerules

lovelady quit about a thousand times. its a shame some kids can quit and keep coming back while players that stick with the team cant get a shot when the quitters get plugged in front of them. hester had a pretty good catch. it stunk the refs didnt give it to him. coach cook is a good coach. i wish i could say that about all the coaches.

At least Lovelady is sticking around this time. He is a good player, with good potential. Casey is not being put in front of nobody, he has earned his spot and the right to play. At least he tries too, I have seen others just give up and never try again. He has been through the spring practice, summer work-outs and practice, and has emergered as a solid player. Just because some players have been there longer, dosn't give them the right to play. They have to prove to the coaches that they can play and Lovelady has. Lovelady is one of the top athletes on the team and is better than alot of players on the team. Why not have lovelady on the field?

These coaches are doing a good job. They are having winning records year in and year out, make the play-offs, gives this team a good shot at a region title every year, getting kids to come out, raise plenty of money for the team, they care about each and every player, and they are teaching the players lessons that will help them in life. What else do they have to do? I have seen other programs with coaches that are way worse, as coaches and as just a people in general. Coach Fitz has done a good job and also has done a good job in getting good people around him to coach. I would much rather have these coaches then Hixson, Walker Valley, Cleveland, or any other coach and staff in Chattanooga area. Ask any team and any ref and they will tell you that we do have a good coaching staff here.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Lovelady is sticking around this time. He is a good player, with good potential. Casey is not being put in front of nobody, he has earned his spot and the right to play. At least he tries too, I have seen others just give up and never try again. He has been through the spring practice, summer work-outs and practice, and has emergered as a solid player. Just because some players have been there longer, dosn't give them the right to play. They have to prove to the coaches that they can play and Lovelady has. Lovelady is one of the top athletes on the team and is better than alot of players on the team. Why not have lovelady on the field?

These coaches are doing a good job. They are having winning records year in and year out, make the play-offs, gives this team a good shot at a region title every year, getting kids to come out, raise plenty of money for the team, they care about each and every player, and they are teaching the players lessons that will help them in life. What else do they have to do? I have seen other programs with coaches that are way worse, as coaches and as just a people in general. Coach Fitz has done a good job and also has done a good job in getting good people around him to coach. I would much rather have these coaches then Hixson, Walker Valley, Cleveland, or any other coach and staff in Chattanooga area. Ask any team and any ref and they will tell you that we do have a good coaching staff here.

I do not know who you are, but you obviously know your Rhea County football, but i got to disagree with you on this. I just think that some kids don't have it in them, they're not made to be football players. It takes more than just athletic ability. I know that if I'm lining up on 4&1 against Cleveland for the region title and I look to my side and the player in green and gold next to me has failed his teamates over and over again, I just don't have faith. I believe it destroys team unity. I want someone next to me who I know is committed to giving his all. That's how it used to be.

I can bet that you won't see any former quitters wearing state championship rings at Maryville because I've got a feeling those coaches have an idea about team unity.

....and in my opinion thats what it all comes down to, coaching. It comes down to discipline. Self discipline by the coaches and players. Now you can say winning seasons and name some misleading stats all you want, but we all know Rhea County football isn't what it used to be, and I this is a big part of the problem.

After sayin all that, nothing would make me happier than a 15-0 season. This ole body of mine's got one last jump left in it to tear down those goal post at middle tenn. state.

and I didn't mean to personally attack this Lovelady boy. I dont know em from Adam but Im sure he's a fine young man.

I know you don't mean to attack him, but when i'm are around thes guys and get to know them like I have. It's just I don't like it when things are said about thes guys. Lovelady really is not the same he was the past two seasons. He has come a long way and he finally has made a committment to this team and the class room. He is starting to earn respect from the players and the coaches. He has only missed 1 maybe 2 days out of the whole spring, summer, and now school year. Coming into this preseason the coaches had their doubts about him, but he stuck it out and has turned into a valued member of the team.

As for the other post The ultimate goal for every team in Tennessee and even the country is to win championships. To go 15-0 would be great but first we have to win the region and if that means going 7-0 in the region, then that is what we have to do. 10-0 is also looking very possible this year too. This team just has to do it one game at a time. This team does have discipline and good leadership. I see your point on team unity and it is a big part of a team.

i cant argue with the coaching staff and how the care and prepare them for life. from what i hear they do an excelent job in that department. but usualy those winning records are one game over 500 then a first round exit to maryville most of the time. with a exception 3 years ago i think when they went 8 and 4 but that team was loaded with talent. i just wish the coaches could do a better job with the strategy part of the game. but the most important thing is that coaches care for their players and get them ready for what really maters and thats life. but you play to win the game. rhea usually beats up on the weak, but struggles when it comes to the big games.

I just think that some kids don't have it in them, they're not made to be football players. It takes more than just athletic ability. I know that if I'm lining up on 4&1 against Cleveland for the region title and I look to my side and the player in green and gold next to me has failed his teamates over and over again, I just don't have faith. I believe it destroys team unity. I want someone next to me who I know is committed to giving his all. That's how it used to be.

I can bet that you won't see any former quitters wearing state championship rings at Maryville because I've got a feeling those coaches have an idea about team unity.

....and in my opinion thats what it all comes down to, coaching. It comes down to discipline. Self discipline by the coaches and players. Now you can say winning seasons and name some misleading stats all you want, but we all know Rhea County football isn't what it used to be, and I this is a big part of the problem.

After sayin all that, nothing would make me happier than a 15-0 season. This ole body of mine's got one last jump left in it to tear down those goal post at middle tenn. state.

well said

Couldn't make it to the game but heard we did alright, a little sluggish but a win is a win in week 1. Thanks for keeping us up to date Meadows lol. Who's this kid form Alabama?

Yeap can do Ryno. I believe he told me his first name is Jay and his last name is Lewis. He is a junior and he is eligible to play right away. He was wearing 9 last friday at the game. He has been practice with the team for about a week now. The coaches have some big plans for him if he keeps looking good as he has this past week. He came from North Alabama, I forget which high school he said. He played linebacker and fullback down in Alabama. He has good size and speed. I havn't got a offical 40 time on him yet. He does need so time in the weight room. Just needs to add some muscle to his frame. He has good potential. The coaches are thinking about maybe adding him in as a TE for some new schemes that they are working on. As a linebacker he can really hit, he stuck the running back a few times and got to the ball pretty well at practice last week. However, the coaches maybe using him much sooner than they would like, Newt was out at practice today and had a boot on to protect his twisted ankle. I would like to welcome a new staff member to the team former Rhea Co. linebacker Jessie Smith. Oh and please remember Cam Tallent in your prayers his grandfather passes away this past friday.

i cant argue with the coaching staff and how the care and prepare them for life. from what i hear they do an excelent job in that department. but usualy those winning records are one game over 500 then a first round exit to maryville most of the time. with a exception 3 years ago i think when they went 8 and 4 but that team was loaded with talent. i just wish the coaches could do a better job with the strategy part of the game. but the most important thing is that coaches care for their players and get them ready for what really maters and thats life. but you play to win the game. rhea usually beats up on the weak, but struggles when it comes to the big games.

well said

I think that was the year 3 of the 4 was to teams ranked 1 and 2 in 4a and 1 in 5a not bad.I think if you will look back Coach Fitzgerald has one of the highest winning % in Rhea County history if not the highest so they must be doing something right.

I think that was the year 3 of the 4 was to teams ranked 1 and 2 in 4a and 1 in 5a not bad.I think if you will look back Coach Fitzgerald has one of the highest winning % in Rhea County history if not the highest so they must be doing something right.

One of the best records??? Really? Wow to be one of the best out of 4 or 5!

Onside kick on a team that's been practicing for only a week or two while up 28-0 late in the game? Nice to see we're still keeping it classy!

I am glad to see that Cumberland Co's coach had the decency to put his backups in when it was appropriate.

One of the best records??? Really? Wow to be one of the best out of 4 or 5!

Onside kick on a team that's been practicing for only a week or two while up 28-0 late in the game? Nice to see we're still keeping it classy!

I am glad to see that Cumberland Co's coach had the decency to put his backups in when it was appropriate.

Hmm that would be intersting to see. What Coach out of all the head coaches that have been at Rhea Co. which has the high winning percentage. It maybe coach Horton. Here are the two most recent Hammontree .500 Fitzgerald .597 coaches. It is not that hard, find a copy of the records of each year, a list of the coaches and what years they were here and a calculator.

I got to correct you on the Cumberland only practicing for a week or two statement. Cumberland practiced in the spring had summer work out all summer then got in to pads for like 2 or 3 weeks, played 2 scrimmages, then the school board closed them out for 2 weeks. Even though the players did meet to work out and practice together at a local gym on a daily bases. Then the school board let them practice for a week and then they played Rhea. So it was not like the just practiced for one week and not anytime before that.