New Era for South Fulton

DevilDad44

Yes devildad it was a beat down, considering no one even cared that SF scored the first 7. If you would of looked at our fans no one's face even changed unless they were laughing.

IMO it is not a beat down if the mercy rule did not come into effect...but you can call it what you want..by the way if it was such a beat down why did'nt 2nd string play the 4th quarter? ... Guess he had too much respect for what we could have done huh...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure when a comfortable win becomes a "beat down". I guess it's just an age thing. South Fulton has come a long way in the last 5 seasons. Congrats to them and coach Spivey for this season's success.

SF may or may or may not see another loss or two this season but, I'm thinkin' ya'll will be in the playoffs comfortably. Then every team for itself. All the best to SF and 7A!!

Thanks...We WILL be there...as will yall...Just wondering who gets 4th spot?

Come on now NOTfromUC, I kind of understand what you are saying about not being concerned early in a game but, LAUGHING at the opponent. That's just wrong there!! Both of our teams have hammered some opponents this season and in the past but, it just ain't right to laugh at them. One of these days the shoe will be on the other foot.

Thats all right duckman...Ask a neutral observer...Butchie was there and he will tell you they were not laughing.

I would like to say congrats to UC on the win Friday night. I thought we contained Speed pretty weel at time. What killed us was the pitch. Speed runs that offense well. We shut him down though in the first quarter pretty good. Our defense played solid though against the passs. I beleived we picked Speed off about 3 or 4 time and ony gave up about 1 big gain on a pass all night. Our offense had success in the first half but when we turned the ball over near halftime down inside the 20 was a momentum killer.

I think UC fans would agree with me that the refs were horrible. UC had over 100 yards in penalties and SF had nearly 100. Wish they could have let them play more. I think both us and UC had just as many athletes and were pretty even for the most part. The pitch from Speed to Nicks or Worley just killed us.

I beleive SF gain alot of respect from some of the Union City fans that were at the game. If SF can put this loss behind them then i think they can beat LC and Gleason. But if they let this get to them much like it did to us in 2004 when we went 4-0 and lost a close on to Bruceton then we will be sitting at home come playoff time.

Good luck to UC on the rest of your season.

Sorry Alumni but I disagree with you...This was a big game and I thought the refs called what they saw. They might have called alot of close pennalties (could have been one, or not been one) but they were very consistant and I don't think it was one sided. In other words they were fair and called on both sides everything they saw. Even though two of them probably cost us 14 points, the penalty was there and they called it! If they didn't call those it might have been a very close game, but I don't want to win because of a non-call. IMO they did a good FAIR job.

OK enough about UC...Here comes Lake CO. and we will be ready for them. I predict SF wins and accomplishes it's goal of making the playoffs!

GO RED DEVILS!

I have to admit I don't know much about Lake Co. except what I have read on here...can they win if they don't pass heavily? If the pass heavily can our secondary keep up? Our secondary IMO did a decent job angainst the pass in the UC game and especially the Greenfield game against a really good receiver...they had him double and at times tripple covered and he still caught the ball...not bad D but very good O. Gut feeling says we can handle it.

GO BIG RED

Off the game topic prevailing on here now but, IMO something worth a mention. I saw in the paper today where Charles H. "Punk" Akers Sr. has passed and wish to send my condolences to any friends and family in South Fulton that might read this. Punk was a legendary coach at South Fulton from all that I know. He was a friend of my family here in McKenzie and put his feet under our dinner table a many a time when I was growing up. He was an outstanding player here in McKenzie in his time. That was when we were the Yellowjackets instead of Rebels. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

So coach Spivey is not the first McKenzie product to coach the Red Devils in my time. Possibly he can be as good for South Fulton as coach Akers was.