Harriman School Vote

swamp

We are about to see some HEATED debates concerning this topic. Enrollments and each school's zoning is going to change to make for a larger Harriman zone, so its seems that may be the direction Harriman would want a piece from OS ( would possibly drop 50-70) Kingston/Emory area ( 70-90) Possibly Rockwood, but I doubt it because Rockwood enrollment is only 365. This would leave Harriman at possibly 540. Kingston at 720 or so. And OS would drop to 440. IN theory, this might not be a bad solution, but without question the county residents should have a huge imput on what they want and how they want this handled. If it is shown that Harriman academics would not be devestated in any way by an enrollment declining, then I am all about letting this trend continue. Harriman put its self in this position long ago when it was prosperous, so I am a firm believer that you reap what you sow, so with that.. Let them in, but keep zoning as is. Other communities and county residents should not change their alleigences at for the expense of HHS.