Karns @ Morristown East

canefan72

Karns is not a bad football team. We helped them look better than what they probably really are. We looked out of place at times on D and stale on O at others. I think we will learn alot from this game and be much improved next week as well. Tee Howell was not at 100% friday(hip flexor on thu.) and should be OK for the DC game. We have got to tackle and block a little better each week as well. Good win with a C- effort.

Karns is a avg team at best. What is wrong with our pass defense? This problem has been going

on for 5 years. I really hate to call-out a coach, but Coach D has got to do a better job with his DB.

#8 has as much talnet as any DB East's has. This young man get burn everyweek & miss too many tackles.

#8 made all-conf in the five river last year, so he can make plays. Why not play a zone against spread

offense, when you have more speed than the other team? Karns screen us too death with #35 RB. Just may

be, all that jumping around on Defense is getting us out of postion.

I agree with your take on our offense, we will be fine. Turner(QB) has got to make better reads. Do not

pitch the football when you are going down. I was real please with the way he pass the football Friday.

I know it the 1st game & we will be whole lot better this week. I just fell like this team could be special.

Go Canes! see you Friday night at DC.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eastfan get a clue about the game of football. East did play zone the whole game and coach d is an excellent coach. you can be the greatest db in the history of the game but with no pass rush you become very average very quick. If you have followed morristown east football over the past 5 years as you say our pass defense has been very good. When teams cannot run the football passing yards will obviously be higher because that is all they are doing. Karns had a good plan but a win is a win. The most improvement on a football team is between the first and second game. Good luck this week

eastfan get a clue about the game of football. East did play zone the whole game and coach d is an excellent coach. you can be the greatest db in the history of the game but with no pass rush you become very average very quick. If you have followed morristown east football over the past 5 years as you say our pass defense has been very good. When teams cannot run the football passing yards will obviously be higher because that is all they are doing. Karns had a good plan but a win is a win. The most improvement on a football team is between the first and second game. Good luck this week

There was a pass rush!!!!! The QB had a dump route open all night!!! The way we prevent that is to jam at the line and we either did not or when we did, the DB's did a poor job. You can not blame the rush on a 2 step drop. BTW, the reason we picked the 2 point conversion was due to an early throw because of pressure. I agree about the stat comment. I will take 4 rushing yards allowed every week. That means we control the time of possession and make a team one dimensional. This week will be interesting with the 2 big backs from DC. It will be strength against strength and a battle of will.

I actually went this last Friday to watch Lenoir City and Loudon County. Main purpose was to see my good friend LCity coach, Mike Zeller. LCity has a long way to go but Mike is doing a good job with them.

I was shocked by the East/Karns score, but heck, I was shocked by the GHS/JCo. and JCo./West scores as well. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Throw in West Greene/Cloudland too!

It is why we play the games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I actually went this last Friday to watch Lenoir City and Loudon County. Main purpose was to see my good friend LCity coach, Mike Zeller. LCity has a long way to go but Mike is doing a good job with them.

I was shocked by the East/Karns score, but heck, I was shocked by the GHS/JCo. and JCo./West scores as well. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Throw in West Greene/Cloudland too!

It is why we play the games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A win is a win and teams will take an ugly win over a pretty loss anyday!!!

Were you at the game Friday? LB's played some zone or they rush the passer. our corners were in

man to man most of the night. Really not sure what our FS were playing, We got beat deep again. For your

information, our pass Defense has been avg or just plain bad.I have not missed a game in the last 5 or 6 years.

3 or 4 year ago Knox Carter QB lit us up for over 300 yards passing. We kept getting beat deep that hole year.

Coach Hatcher 1st year, we gave up alot of passing yards.The only game we stop the pass that year,was in

the playoff against Sullivan South.I did not say Coach D was a bad Coach.I am saying he can do better.Our pass

rush has been good just about every year. Coach Seal will send more than the offense can block.

Karns did have a good game plan for us,but these same player have played a whole lot better. As far as

improvement for our next game, I think you are write. East's will play a whole lot better ,on both side of the

football. The problem is, we do not play another good passing team until maybe fulton or Greeneville.

Roger, please do not think I am not behind the coaches 100%.

GO CANES!

Were you at the game Friday? LB's played some zone or they rush the passer. our corners were in

man to man most of the night. Really not sure what our FS were playing, We got beat deep again. For your

information, our pass Defense has been avg or just plain bad.I have not missed a game in the last 5 or 6 years.

3 or 4 year ago Knox Carter QB lit us up for over 300 yards passing.

GO CANES!

EASTFAN I don't doubt your loyality to the east program....however questioning the coaching staff and the scheme they ran is probably counterproductive especially after a good opening game victory. Sometimes you got to tip your hat to your opponent for having a good gameplan or maybe being better than you thought.

For what it's worth Roger was at the game....just like he has been for the past 10 years or so with a much better vantage point than you or I had. As a parent of a former Cane player that went on to play 4 years of college football I have heard him say many times that he learned much more from his high school coaches about the fundamentals than his college coaches....and he has always talked very highly of coach D as well as coach Seals.

Eastfan is a good guy and I really do not think he meant any disrespect by what he said. He was just frustrated with the passing yards we gave up and us not putting away a game in the 3rd qtr. like we should have. WE WILL BE OK!!!!!

It is time to buckle down and play football as that is what it will take for East to win

Friday night. As big as the offensive line is, they should be able to tell the other team

we are coming right through here. As far as our passing went this past Friday night ,

the most sensible passes were the two passes to Price .

On defense , East line backers looked out of position and did not know what each one

was doing and this left openings for short passes or runs. Every player needs to get on

the same page and carry out their assignment. East has too much talent to look like

a grade school team. This is not a flag football game and players should mean business

when they are in the game. East should not depend on a 50 yard pass to win a game

as that is school yard play.

Let us see some manning up and hear some popping this Friday night like you are capable

of doing. Go CANES !!

It is time to buckle down and play football as that is what it will take for East to win

Friday night. As big as the offensive line is, they should be able to tell the other team

we are coming right through here. As far as our passing went this past Friday night ,

the most sensible passes were the two passes to Price .

On defense , East line backers looked out of position and did not know what each one

was doing and this left openings for short passes or runs. Every player needs to get on

the same page and carry out their assignment. East has too much talent to look like

a grade school team. This is not a flag football game and players should mean business

when they are in the game. East should not depend on a 50 yard pass to win a game

as that is school yard play.

Let us see some manning up and hear some popping this Friday night like you are capable

of doing. Go CANES !!

Linebackers or linebacker? I am sure that the ones I am thinking of followed assigments.

EASTFAN I don't doubt your loyality to the east program....however questioning the coaching staff and the scheme they ran is probably counterproductive especially after a good opening game victory. Sometimes you got to tip your hat to your opponent for having a good gameplan or maybe being better than you thought.

For what it's worth Roger was at the game....just like he has been for the past 10 years or so with a much better vantage point than you or I had. As a parent of a former Cane player that went on to play 4 years of college football I have heard him say many times that he learned much more from his high school coaches about the fundamentals than his college coaches....and he has always talked very highly of coach D as well as coach Seals.

You maybe be right on me questioning the coaches,and it becomes counterproductive. I just fell

that this team could do better against the pass. I am behind Coach Hatcher & all his coaches 100%, it just

gets really frustrating to see us play pass defense. I will not complain about our pass coverage

anymore. I hope by the end of the year,we are playing like we did against Sullivan South. Go Canes!