SOUTH DOYLE VS CARTER

IHOP

Guest touchdowntech

hard to tell.carter played bearden close but was it that they scored off the jv or was it close the whole way? 15 point loss is by no means a blowout.south doyle is predicted by some as a playoff darkhorse.jamborees don't really matter but getting beat 28-0 in 1 quarter is pretty bad so i guess we'll just have to see this week.it's do or die this year for south doyle

hard to tell.carter played bearden close but was it that they scored off the jv or was it close the whole way? 15 point loss is by no means a blowout.south doyle is predicted by some as a playoff darkhorse.jamborees don't really matter but getting beat 28-0 in 1 quarter is pretty bad so i guess we'll just have to see this week.it's do or die this year for south doyle

Did SD play in week 0?

Carter scored both touchdowns against Bearden's first string. Bearden scored 17 points in the first quarter off of multiple turnovers (6 or 7 for Carter in the game). Bearden only scored 3 points the whole second half, and Carter had a chance to get the game to a one possession game with about 6 minutes in the fourth, but failed to score from inside the ten. Carter could move the ball fairly effective when they took care of it, but 6 or 7 turnovers against a good Bearden team won't cut it. I think that Carter is a good team and will play a lot better than they did in this game last year. I think Carter wins this one 21-10. Should be a good game.

Did SD play in week 0?

Carter scored both touchdowns against Bearden's first string. Bearden scored 17 points in the first quarter off of multiple turnovers (6 or 7 for Carter in the game). Bearden only scored 3 points the whole second half, and Carter had a chance to get the game to a one possession game with about 6 minutes in the fourth, but failed to score from inside the ten. Carter could move the ball fairly effective when they took care of it, but 6 or 7 turnovers against a good Bearden team won't cut it. I think that Carter is a good team and will play a lot better than they did in this game last year. I think Carter wins this one 21-10. Should be a good game.

no they did not play week 0

Doesn't matter who you are or who you play if you turn the ball over you won't win. Carter drove the field against Bearden infact out gained the Bulldogs in total offense, but redzone errors and turnovers were too much to overcome. The Score was actually 24-12 at one time and Carter had the ball inside the 20 and came away with no points TWICE in the 3rd quarter.

Either way should be a good game and very competitive!

Excellent game by both teams. That #7 for Carter is a beast. That one-handed snag interception out of the air for a TD by him was a play of athletic genius. South-Doyle also made some pretty big plays too. The really big one was OJ with that 74 yard run that was just................,well not many verbs to describe it. Conley is much more of a runner than I thought he would be.

But like I said, it was a good game by both teams.

GO KEES!!!

Excellent game by both teams. That #7 for Carter is a beast. That one-handed snag interception out of the air for a TD by him was a play of athletic genius. South-Doyle also made some pretty big plays too. The really big one was OJ with that 74 yard run that was just................,well not many verbs to describe it. Conley is much more of a runner than I thought he would be.

But like I said, it was a good game by both teams.

GO KEES!!!

I agree completely. I was surprised at the size of some of SD's linemen (#92 and #74?). SD running back is a fast kid and found the holes when he needed too. I thought the game was a little sloppy by both teams but SD put it together when it counted. Good luck the rest of the season to both teams as region play begins.

If south doyle plays thier game they will win, carter plays way too many people both ways to be effective late in the game, you agree ihop?

You hit the nail on the head about Carter. Lots of teams play kids both ways, but Carter has shown that they are about three steps beyond that. Carter will probably win 6 or 7 games this year and make the playoffs in order to get thier usual embarassment. Not going to change until they learn to develop more players.

South Doyle may be for real this year. I know, its just Carter, but this is the sort of game they have lost the last several years. Lets keep in touch the next couple of weeks and see what develops. And yeah, they have some men in the trenches.

Nuff said

If Carter would have changed up the playcalling, they just might have taken it to OT. It seemed like Carter just ran a lob play to the left sideline(from the SD side/to the Carter bleachers) the whole 2nd half, and the sad thing is, it worked most of the time, except when it counted most.

SD does defintley have some big guys in the trenches, and some fine backs, but our recievers/defensive backs are a little undersized, and that could pose some problems for us as we get into reigon play.