Halls @ Sevier County

I absolutely enjoyed this game..Better than last week against.. Willy B..

Halls has very good trenchmen.. Especially in the later part of the game. Keep you're heads high Halls you will play Maryville in playoffs..Very good team..Sevier County seemed to get the big lead and fell back on there heels and went away from there game plan of throwing.. Not good especially when you could'nt run anyways.. -1 rushing yards for Sevier County..LOL never happened before.. But the air was open all day.. Good Game..Waggoner is you're Wow factor Halls good back there.. I thought it would be close. But almost ended up a route..Just shows you how Halls is a top program in my opinion.. Sevier County actually has a decent team this year much better than last year..Both teams will improve too!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cong. to Sevier County on a hard fought win!! Best of luck the rest of the year.

The Bad:

- Injuries continue to devestate this team. All the injured DB's standing on the sideline were missed.

- The passing game - if I hear anyone say we need to open it up again, I'll say you got your wish tonight. 13 passes for -2 yards. Not QB's fault, we really put him in some not so good situations. Has anyone else noted that EVERY TIME we pass on 1st down we punt. EVERYTIME!! Can we pass on 2nd and short, give our QB's a better chance for some success.

The Good:

- WOW - what a difference Zach Gibson made. I said it earlier, the team is better when he is in!! It's good that we've learned that before the Central game. I believe he was exactley what the doctor ordered. I think everyone can see he has earned the starting job, and hopefully in the nick of time.(still alot of football left this year)

- WOW - look what Waggoner can do!! Again, after looking PATHETIC for last two quaters against Mville, and first two against Seveir Co., we found a running combination that works!! (last quarter and a half the offense became unstopable). Wish he could have gotten a cary on the last drive with first and ten at the twenty (2 incomplete passes and a good run by McGill)

- I thought Zach Dowdey showed alot of composure in leading his team back with a chance to win at the end. Tough place for is first start, but he showed alot of grit in bringing his team back.

There is plenty of football left. Glad to see we have worked out the situation at RB, and I hope O'laughlin can heal quickly. I heard his injury is not too bad. I think Gibson will need some rest, and I think James will be an excellent backup. Look for big things from him next year (after a year in the wieght room).This game is over, and the offense showed flashes the last quarter and a half. Let's get ready for Central!!

What a disappointment! Didn't see that one coming. Hated to see O'Laughlin go down. He is a workhorse. Hate reading the posts that try to minimize his impact to the team. Anybody who plays with determination and heart should be commended. Halls doesn't seem to have much heart and determination this year, but we have a lot of "individual" achievers who are missing the mark.

What a disappointment! Didn't see that one coming. Hated to see O'Laughlin go down. He is a workhorse. Hate reading the posts that try to minimize his impact to the team. Anybody who plays with determination and heart should be commended. Halls doesn't seem to have much heart and determination this year, but we have a lot of "individual" achievers who are missing the mark.

I don't get the sense that O'Laughlin's efforts are being minimized. I think rather that some are saying that some of the other backs are needing to get a few more touches. With that said, O'Laughlin will be special. I also disagree that there are too many individual achievers, if by that you mean they don't play as a team. Without SC's three big plays it would have been a lot different outcome. Halls played well and should be commended for playing as a team as they did. They didn't quit. The defense had one huge defensive stand after another in the second half -- both run defense and pass defense. This Halls team plays more "together" than any I can think of in recent memory. So, basically, I guess I disagree with everything you say, especially when it comes to a purported lack of heart and determination. That's just asinine.

Orangefan - Did you watch the game tonight? Like Halls4gener.. says, I disagree with everything youy said.

- For the record, I have no dog in the fight at runningback. I'm not related, close friends, etc. to any of them. I've also said that O'Laughlin will be a good running back someday.

- It sounds like I hit a nerve with you. Can you honestly say the TEAM preformed beter tonight with O'Laughlin than Gibson? You lose credibility with any objective observer. This is a TEAM game, and I want to see the TEAM perfgorm better.

- It appears many are more concerned with the O'Laughlin show than trying to win football games. I've seen every scrimmage, and Gibson is better. He gets the tough yardage, and Waggoner looked alot better when he was in.To say I "minimize his impact" on this team is ludicrus. You imply that Gibson has no "heart and determination", nor does the big boy's up front blocking.

- I talked to alot of people after the game, and they wondered why Gibson hasn't being playing more. I told them the offense has performed like tonight everytime he has been in. Can you honestly say the offense was not better tonight when Gibson was in??

- We have some of the best coaches in Knoxville. I'm sure they have noticed what I have. Let's do all we can to get this TEAM on track, not individuals. I didn't think we could win a big game starting a SOPH running back. I"m correct. We are 0-2. James will be good. I've said that numerous times. Gibson is better right now. He gives this team a chance to win. That's my two cents.

- Again, Orangefan, do you think the TEAM did better tonight with #3 or #6 at RB?? Simple question. (not what could've, might'vr, etc. what happened on the field). Anyone else want to tell me ww got worse when #3 went in??

Orangefan - Did you watch the game tonight? Like Halls4gener.. says, I disagree with everything youy said.

- For the record, I have no dog in the fight at runningback. I'm not related, close friends, etc. to any of them. I've also said that O'Laughlin will be a good running back someday.

- It sounds like I hit a nerve with you. Can you honestly say the TEAM preformed beter tonight with O'Laughlin than Gibson? You lose credibility with any objective observer. This is a TEAM game, and I want to see the TEAM perfgorm better.

- It appears many are more concerned with the O'Laughlin show than trying to win football games. I've seen every scrimmage, and Gibson is better. He gets the tough yardage, and Waggoner looked alot better when he was in.To say I "minimize his impact" on this team is ludicrus. You imply that Gibson has no "heart and determination", nor does the big boy's up front blocking.

- I talked to alot of people after the game, and they wondered why Gibson hasn't being playing more. I told them the offense has performed like tonight everytime he has been in. Can you honestly say the offense was not better tonight when Gibson was in??

- We have some of the best coaches in Knoxville. I'm sure they have noticed what I have. Let's do all we can to get this TEAM on track, not individuals. I didn't think we could win a big game starting a SOPH running back. I"m correct. We are 0-2. James will be good. I've said that numerous times. Gibson is better right now. He gives this team a chance to win. That's my two cents.

- Again, Orangefan, do you think the TEAM did better tonight with #3 or #6 at RB?? Simple question. (not what could've, might'vr, etc. what happened on the field). Anyone else want to tell me ww got worse when #3 went in??

I don't think success late had a thing to do with #3. I think it had to do with finding weak spots on the SC defense and balance. I have said all along that there needs to be a better mix of these three getting the ball. But #3 is no better. All three run hard. That and a pretty good O-line made the difference IMO since you asked.

I'm pretty frustrated right now. The team needs to keep their heads up and realize they've got practically the whole season ahead and it can be a great year!! I'll betcha SC didn't have over 50 yds running the ball. The defense was brutal against the run.

Don't be. The frustration will be over next week when we humble Central finally after how many years? They got took to the woodshed the first two games. Campbell Co. crushed Powell with over 300 yards rushing. We should win out from here.

SC had minus yards rushing.

Also, you have to have individual acheivers with a team emphasis if you don't you won't get far. So you can't have one without the other if you want to go deep in the playoffs. I agree with Ironman you have to test the seniors and if they don't respond then let the underclassmen have their chance.

I don't think success late had a thing to do with #3. I think it had to do with finding weak spots on the SC defense and balance. I have said all along that there needs to be a better mix of these three getting the ball. But #3 is no better. All three run hard. That and a pretty good O-line made the difference IMO since you asked.

- Faiplay2121 -

- I usually agree with you, but come on!! Why did the "patheic offense" of five quarters all of a sudden cahange just AT THE EXACT moment #3 comes in? Give the kid his due.

- EVERY point we have scored this year has come with #3 in the game!! EVERY point!! We have not punted on a series with #3 in the game. Am I the only one that sees this?

- Again, I have no ties whatsoever to #3 or his family. I also like both #3 and #6, and think they are great kids. Sometimes teams play better with certain combinations, and I have noticed this for a long time now.Friday night we all saw this. Thankfully it doesn't take losing the Central game before we found it out.

- Faiplay2121 -

- I usually agree with you, but come on!! Why did the "patheic offense" of five quarters all of a sudden cahange just AT THE EXACT moment #3 comes in? Give the kid his due.

- EVERY point we have scored this year has come with #3 in the game!! EVERY point!! We have not punted on a series with #3 in the game. Am I the only one that sees this?

- Again, I have no ties whatsoever to #3 or his family. I also like both #3 and #6, and think they are great kids. Sometimes teams play better with certain combinations, and I have noticed this for a long time now.Friday night we all saw this. Thankfully it doesn't take losing the Central game before we found it out.

Then how did we look like a powerhouse in our opening drive against Maryville. He was not in for the entire drive. It is balance. After several plays, it becomes apparent what we are going to do. It becomes a run to #6 or a fake to him and give to the FB or #23 on a counter. When he leaves, the defense does not know what to expect and we mix it up. I too, have no ties to anyone one on the entire offense or defense.

Don't be. The frustration will be over next week when we humble Central finally after how many years? They got took to the woodshed the first two games. Campbell Co. crushed Powell with over 300 yards rushing. We should win out from here.

SC had minus yards rushing.

Also, you have to have individual acheivers with a team emphasis if you don't you won't get far. So you can't have one without the other if you want to go deep in the playoffs. I agree with Ironman you have to test the seniors and if they don't respond then let the underclassmen have their chance.

Central has several great athletes that can turn the game into a track meet if are not ready to play. Powell and Clinton are the same way. You might have also forgot about (2-0) Bearden. And there is no way I am ready to write in "8-2" right now. I do agree that we have show signs of being a good football team. However, we need the injuries to stop and consistency to begin.