Halls @ Sevier County

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time Halls played at Sevier Co. the score was 34-6 in favor of SC. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this years game will be closer than that.

Yes this game will be close I am sure.. Hoping S.C. rolls but I don't know.. Believe they will win but will be real close..

And yes S.C. will throw some.. Will throw alot if Aaron Pippin comes back.. S.C. Defense is pretty good though..

Yes this game will be close I am sure.. Hoping S.C. rolls but I don't know.. Believe they will win but will be real close..

And yes S.C. will throw some.. Will throw alot if Aaron Pippin comes back.. S.C. Defense is pretty good though..

Aaron should b back 4 the game... he was suspended the jamboree and wb cause of an incident last year.... halls also hasnt won at SC in a long time... If SC comes out prepared and wit intensity i c no reason 4 em 2 lose

Dowdy seems to be the best passing QB of the two. Turner has the most experience and perhaps runs the offense the best he will be missed the most not only on offense but as a Defensive back. I'm wanting BJ back to help in the secondary I hope Seiver Co. doesn't have a passing game this year. Didn't Helton graduate last year?

We have to do better running the ball than what the Shopper was saying 15 yards the whole second half that wasn't right was it? We need someone to step up big time.

Baseballmad yes taylor graduated but his replacement in zacc flynn is strong armed and precise.... the recievers other then patrick miller r inexperienced and drop some passes but they impressed me against wb

Last time Halls played at Sevier Co. the score was 34-6 in favor of SC. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this years game will be closer than that.

Halls won at SC back in '02, but SC hasn't won at Halls since '03. It seems like the Devils will need to overcome some homefield advantage but not insurmountable odds.

This is a game where Halls has to find a way to keep their heads up. My biggest concern for Halls, going into the Maryville game, was how the Devils would respond to the inevitable uppercut that Maryville dealt them in the 4th quarter. They didn't respond well at all (in part because of the injury to Turner), so the key to this game has to be their ability to start fast with a clean slate. If Sevier County does some damage early, I worry that Halls will not respond well. These first 3 games for Halls are definitely no gimme and they set the tone for the entire season. The Devils do not want to be 0-2 going into the Central game. My prediction:

SC - 24

Halls - 21

I am not sure if anyone knows how Halls will respond to last week. On one hand, they appeared to fade or quit late when adversity and fatigue hit. On the other hand, I think they may have been tired. They played two full scrimmages, a jamboree and the Maryville game within 10 days in 90 degreee heat with several players going both ways. This on top of the fact that they were at the end of their 2nd full week since school started. I am not trying to make excuses but I am trying to see if evidence points to fatigue.

They were not outside practicing yesterday (rain) and they had JV-Freshmen games on Monday. Both probably resulted in more mental/less physical practices and no new injuries. By gametime this Friday night they will have played one game in 14 days. I hope and expect to see a stronger team to the end.

It was a tight game last year and I think both teams are improved this year. The key for Halls will be stopping the pass. Some might think I am way out in left field, but I am going to say...

Halls 28

SC 14

Fairplay, I agree if SC passes the ball and has time to do it we could have a tough game on our hands.

You can't discount Maryville and their defense we are looking at a top fifty school in the nation and we stayed toe to toe with them for three quarters. I think we get better this week and win but closer than you do. I have high hopes for Dowdy and a little sneaky change of gameplan after last week.

Halls 24 SC 21

Fairplay, I agree if SC passes the ball and has time to do it we could have a tough game on our hands.

You can't discount Maryville and their defense we are looking at a top fifty school in the nation and we stayed toe to toe with them for three quarters. I think we get better this week and win but closer than you do. I have high hopes for Dowdy and a little sneaky change of gameplan after last week.

Halls 24 SC 21

I think the whole QB thing is over rated. Tyler did not pass much when he was in. He only ran the ball once. I think we miss Tyler more in the secondary.

I think the whole QB thing is over rated. Tyler did not pass much when he was in. He only ran the ball once. I think we miss Tyler more in the secondary.

I agree if you look at our passing game being a non event which it's seems to be at the moment. 100% agree we will miss Tyler in the secondary and punting. Tough loss there.

Aaron should b back 4 the game... he was suspended the jamboree and wb cause of an incident last year.... halls also hasnt won at SC in a long time... If SC comes out prepared and wit intensity i c no reason 4 em 2 lose

SCHS2008

Thanks for the update on Aaron. His return should help the passing attack if nothing else just because of the deep threat that his speed will provide us with. Does anyone know if he will also play in the secondary?

By the way, welcome to all of these SCHS fans that have found their way to CoachT recently. Hope that everyone continues to bring it strong!