7AAA

live2succeed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, Riverdale has a slight edge this year. When comparing the starting 11 for each Siegel has the most consistent level of talent, but Riverdale has bigger impact players giving them the physical advantage. The unknown for me is Riverdales defense. I'm not convinced that they've been challenged often enough and in the manner that Siegel WILL challenge them. However, I just don't see Siegel having an answer for Riverdale's physical edge. They are going to surprise "others" with it as well. Again, just my opinion.

As for Riverdale running up the score when they can, there is absolutely no doubt that they do. Motivation? I'm not sure. It's tough to argue that their players don't deserve to acquire the stats they are capable of, and the starters are relatively gracious when the rout is on. In the end it goes back to my previous paragraph, there are only one or two teams in the district that can even begin to handle their impact players, they are just that good. That being said, it is definitely tough to be on the receiving end of and Arman is bound to pay his karma dues at some point. He is definitely not the poster boy for being gracious! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for Riverdale running up the score when they can, there is absolutely no doubt that they do. Motivation? I'm not sure. It's tough to argue that their players don't deserve to acquire the stats they are capable of, and the starters are relatively gracious when the rout is on. In the end it goes back to my previous paragraph, there are only one or two teams in the district that can even begin to handle their impact players, they are just that good. That being said, it is definitely tough to be on the receiving end of and Arman is bound to pay his karma dues at some point. He is definitely not the poster boy for being gracious! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"Instant Karma's gonna get you,

Gonna look you right in the face,

Better get yourself together darlin',

Join the human race,

How in the world you gonna see,

Laughin' at fools like me,

Who on earth d'you think you are,

A super star,

Well, right you are.

"Well we all shine on,

Like the moon and the stars and the sun,

Well we all shine on,

Ev'ryone come on. "

Just in his nature. His club team does it as well. Much to the chagrin of some of the club parents at times.

IMO, Riverdale has a slight edge this year. When comparing the starting 11 for each Siegel has the most consistent level of talent, but Riverdale has bigger impact players giving them the physical advantage. The unknown for me is Riverdales defense. I'm not convinced that they've been challenged often enough and in the manner that Siegel WILL challenge them. However, I just don't see Siegel having an answer for Riverdale's physical edge. They are going to surprise "others" with it as well. Again, just my opinion.

Lady Pats Fan, not a bad analysis of the two teams. I think Siegel will need to be physical but speed will be on their side. Should be a great series of games between the two. I would expect that Siegel and Riverdale to repeat what they did last two years where they played 3 games through district and regionals. I don't see Shelbyville or Columbia stopping either team. The showdown will be who plays Soddy Daisy but again I think either team should beat SD in sectionals and make it to the State Tournament.