Fri Sep. 12 Smyrna

Fri Sep. 19 at Baylor R

Fri Sep. 26 at Prattville (Al) on ESPNU

Fri Oct. 3 at Pope John Paul II R

Fri Oct. 10 MBA R

Fri Oct. 17 BGA R

Fri Oct. 31 at Father Ryan R

Dear Sir or Madam,

No one is submitting to you that Maryville has a weak program; on the contrary, most posts on this board speak volumes to the accomplishments of Maryville, especially under King George's reign. That is not meant as anything other than a huge compliment, so don't take that out of context. I know and like George very much; he could accomplish what he has done at Maryville at any place he wants to; he is that good! What Maryville has accomplished as a program is nothing short of outstanding.

What most of us "private school boys" are simply saying is that week in and week out, we play a very tough and demanding schedule. Many of those games are hard fought into the 4th Quarter; the schedules above illustrate that point very clearly. The impact of keeping a team's one's and two's in the game for the majority of the contests week in and week out take a toll on the health of a team. I submit to you that the impact of either MBA's or BA's schedule above on Maryville's team and record would be significant to say the least.

Could Maryville run the table and beat McCallie, Baylor, MUS, Christian Brothers, Ryan, Brentwood Academy, MBA, and then Brentwood Academy and MBA again in the playoffs while playing an out of conference schedule that includes the majority of the last year's top 5 in the State of Tennessee and throw in a couple of out of State powerhouses? Keep in mind that under the scenario above, even your weaker games will keep your starters in for at least 3 quarters. As a result, you can count on the loss of multiple 1st stringers and be required to replace them if the streak was to continue.

Don't make yourself look ignorant by speaking down to the fact that the playoffs in D-II are short; the teams are still among the elite of Prep football in this State, and to beat a solid team twice in the same year is very difficult.

Could Maryville beat MBA or BA? You bet they could; anything can happen on a Friday night in TN.

Could they run the table in D-II? I don't think so, and that is exactly what MBA did last season. Therefore, to the point of this thread, MBA stands at the top until BA, Hillsboro, Ravenwood, Ensworth, or someone else knocks them off.

AGREED /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

All you private school guys crack me up . Always wanting to talk Maryville down . Everything Is just an opinion guys , It's your's that Maryville stinks , It's mine that we would of kicked your butts all over the field several times , prove either one wrong . If you guys want to prove how dominant you are in all football classes , come and get you some , all you have to do Is quit handing out $20,000 scholarships to the best athletes . See , it works both ways , I just hate it if I've upset you guys , haha .

Ok, and you can take that open enrollment Maryville and Alcoa have and do away with that... then we'll see how dominant ya'll are. So, yes it does work both ways, and Im sorry if I upset you.

Ok, and you can take that open enrollment Maryville and Alcoa have and do away with that... then we'll see how dominant ya'll are. So, yes it does work both ways, and Im sorry if I upset you.

of the people that start or are big contributors to the alcoa football team , i can think of 2 that dont live in alcoa, so you can again take your "open zone" "open enrollment" and "recruiting" crap home

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Goodpasture and DL used to be private or don't they still recruit or pay students?? I'm not sure if they still do, but I know Alcoa owns GP and destroyed DL the last time they played!! and beat Brentwood in 89 for the gold ball!!

so your saying that Alcoa doesnt recruit? right.... i really believe that one. They recruit, just differently from privates... "Here, pay $2000 dollars and come to our football powerhouse school.."

All you private school guys crack me up . Always wanting to talk Maryville down . Everything Is just an opinion guys , It's your's that Maryville stinks , It's mine that we would of kicked your butts all over the field several times , prove either one wrong . If you guys want to prove how dominant you are in all football classes , come and get you some , all you have to do Is quit handing out $20,000 scholarships to the best athletes . See , it works both ways , I just hate it if I've upset you guys , haha .

And fortunately,my opinion counts just as much as yours. Your post shows your lack of knowledge of how D-II schools function. Furthermore, I have watched Maryville play several times and, yes, they execute their game plan extremely well against who they have and choose to play. If I lived in Maryville I would want my sons to play for George Quarrels as I think he is an excellent coach with an excellent program, but it still does not change the fact that Maryville is a big fish in a small pond. Until it ventures beyond its relatively small neighborhood and plays top programs from large population centers where there are very large pools of football players which helps to create stronger and stronger competition (remember the Proverb, "iron sharpens iron") Murvul High will always be viewed as the best house in a small town! Have you ever seen the best houses in large population centers like those cities that have an NFL franchise? Same principal.