#1 team in the state

Owlpride2665

Once again , we have been put in our place . Thanks to all of the athletically , and intellectually superior DII posters out there for putting us back in our place . We get carried away every now and then , but thank goodness you DII guys are always there to let us know how feeble our accomplishments really are . I'm just thankful that the TSSAA realized how much more superior all of the Private schools were , and did us all a favor by keeping us from having to play against such an intimidating gauntlet known as DII. Untelling how many severe injuries have been prevented by keeping our little boys away from such Manly Men that only reside in DII .

I get shivers just thinking about how lucky myself and my fellow Maryville competitors were in 1978 , and 1976 , in not getting permanently injured when we were forced to play against our superiors . The fact that we outscored Brentwood academy 48-14 , and won 2 state championships in those 2 games , does not change a thing in the overall picture of us little ol public boys knowing our place around our Superiors . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was that " E-L-E-Q-O-U-N-T " enough for you soccerpro1 ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW , where's our old buddy Brandon100 at ? He's really great at putting us Murvull boys in our place !

Since you seem to be so interested in other peoples proper spelling and grammer, I need to point out that you never end a sentence with a preposition as in "where's our old buddy Brandon100 at ?"

I haven't commented on this thread yet so I might as well throw in my 2 cents.

Last year MBA beat Independence, and beat BA twice. BA beat both Independence and Smyrna. So it is pretty logical to say the best team in the state was not the 5A Champion. That leaves MBA and Maryville. I did not see Maryville play in person, I only saw them on TV in the State Championship game. It is a shame they never got to play each other, it would have been a heck of a game. MBA was bigger and stronger, I don't think Maryville would have stopped our running game any better then anyone else we played (which is another way of saying they wouldn't have). Maryville would have presented match up problems for MBA though. I guess that big tight end presented match up problems for everyone. As my name indicates I would argue that MBA would have won, I think our running game would have been able to score enough and keep the ball away from Maryville's offense, but we will never know for sure will we?

Who is the best team this year, I have no idea. I don't know much about anyone outside DII. BA is huge, but from what I have read on the blogs might have chemistry problems. They will be well coached. Ensworth will be well coached but they are thin, they can't afford many injuries. I have watched 1 game and 2 scrimmages at MBA, and I think they have a chance to be good, but they will be different then last years team. Beyond that I don't know much about the other schools is DII

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again , we have been put in our place . Thanks to all of the athletically , and intellectually superior DII posters out there for putting us back in our place . We get carried away every now and then , but thank goodness you DII guys are always there to let us know how feeble our accomplishments really are . I'm just thankful that the TSSAA realized how much more superior all of the Private schools were , and did us all a favor by keeping us from having to play against such an intimidating gauntlet known as DII. Untelling how many severe injuries have been prevented by keeping our little boys away from such Manly Men that only reside in DII .

I get shivers just thinking about how lucky myself and my fellow Maryville competitors were in 1978 , and 1976 , in not getting permanently injured when we were forced to play against our superiors . The fact that we outscored Brentwood academy 48-14 , and won 2 state championships in those 2 games , does not change a thing in the overall picture of us little ol public boys knowing our place around our Superiors . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was that " E-L-E-Q-O-U-N-T " enough for you soccerpro1 ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW , where's our old buddy Brandon100 at ? He's really great at putting us Murvull boys in our place !

Also, your cynicism, and sarcasm aside, I would bet the MBA would love to have a home/home series with Maryville. Why not get the AD's together and put it on next years schedule. Tee it up, and let's go. As an MBA coach once said, "we'll play it in the parking lot if we have to".

Also, your cynicism, and sarcasm aside, I would bet the MBA would love to have a home/home series with Maryville. Why not get the AD's together and put it on next years schedule. Tee it up, and let's go. As an MBA coach once said, "we'll play it in the parking lot if we have to".

amen to that! ! and im an indy supporter and i would go to that game

The 1985 Chicago Bears will go home and home with you....

This thread is ridiculous.

Sincerely,

"My dad has more credit cards than your dad."

The 1985 Chicago Bears will go home and home with you....

This thread is ridiculous.

Sincerely,

"My dad has more credit cards than your dad."

lol credit cards .....

superbowl shuffle - u from CHICAGO??

please lets end this debate until one day they really do play, i dont care whom beat whom in 79 or 2006 next one to post again on this subject loses.... lol...

In 2005 Alcoa beat a 7-4 McCallie team 45-35.

What Raninated fails to mention is that BA beat McCallie by 3 in the Clinic Bowl that year, further proving the point that it is extremely tough to beat 2 teams twice to win the DII state championship.

But since you provided us with one shining example of a DI one champ beating a DII, here are some examples of DII beating some DI champs/runner ups as well as out of state since Rankin's tantrum in 1997.

2007:

- MBA (DII Champ) over Indy (5A runner up)

- BA (DII Runner Up) over Smyrna (5A Champ)

- BA (DII Runner Up)over Indy (5A Champ)

2006:

- MBA (4-6) over Trinity (4A KY Champ)

- BA (DII Champ) over Ravenwood (5A Runner Up)

- Alcoa (2A Champ) over McCallie (DII Runner Up)

2005:

- MBA (8-3) over Trinity (4A KY Champ)

- BA (7-5) over Ravenwood (5A Champ)

- CBHS (DII Runner up) over Melrose (4A Runner Up)

- Alcoa (2A Champ) over McCallie (7-4)

- MUS (DII Champ) over Jackson Prep (MS South State Champ)

2004:

- Baylor (5-5) over Boyd Buchanan (1A Champ)

- MUS (DII Champ) over Jackson Prep (MS South State Champ)

2003:

- MBA (DII Champ) over Trinity (4A KY Champ)

- CBHS (9-2) over Germantown (5A State Champ)

- Baylor (3-6) over Boyd Buchanan (1A Champ)

2002:

- BA (9-3) over Brentwood (5A Champ)

2001:

- BA (10-3) over Goodpasture (2A Champ)

- Goodpasture (2A Champ) over Father Ryan (5-6)

2000:

- Red Bank (5A Champ) over BA (DII Runner Up)

- CBHS (4-6) over Covington (3A Runner Up)

1999:

- Father Ryan (6-4) over Glencliff (5A Champ)

1998:

- Melrose (4A Champ) over CBHS (1-9)

- Father Ryan (8-3) over Whites Creek (4A Runner Up)

1997:

- MBA (DII Runner Up) over Pearl Cohn (4A Champ)

Obviously DII has held our own, but hey beating McCallie twice is certainly a great accomplishment.

i just find it humorous that Maryvilles not even on that list. .........Check please /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />