#1 team in the state

Owlpride2665

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

Am I the only one to think Brentwood Academy shouldn't be the top team in the state....unapproved website... sure thinks so.....

At this point I would go with BA, MBA, or Maryville. In my opinion #1 is MBA until they are beaten by a TN foe, then BA, then Maryville. Maryville's schedule really hurts them every year. If they were playing the likes of MBA, BA, Riverdale, Franklin, etc. it would really help them gain National credibility. Not saying they dont already have that but with their streak if they had been playing better competition they would be ranked even higher.

Guest workinprogress

I'm sure your living in the Nashville area has nothing to do with your take on how to rank BA, MBA, and Maryville.

No it really doesnt. I know the teams in east and west TN play good ball too. When was the last time MUS, Germantown, Melrose, Maryville, or Alcoa won a gold ball in the highest TN classification? Maryville is no doubt a great team and they have all of the pieces year in and year out. However, no one knows how good they really are because they dont have a very difficult schedule for most of the year until late in the playoffs. Just my opinion, Im sure there are many east tennesseans that wont agree but thats what makes an opinion.

I'm sure your living in the Nashville area has nothing to do with your take on how to rank BA, MBA, and Maryville.

i dont think it does as some of the people in the east also agree It would be fun to put tem in with INDY Franklin, Brentwood,Ravenwood etc- Yeah you have a great team and what you all have done is outstanding but come play one of Middle Tn teams,,,,

as for # 1 in state MBA, brentwood acedemy if some team could match thier size up front ....

i dont think it does as some of the people in the east also agree It would be fun to put tem in with INDY Franklin, Brentwood,Ravenwood etc- Yeah you have a great team and what you all have done is outstanding but come play one of Middle Tn teams,,,,

as for # 1 in state MBA, brentwood acedemy if some team could match thier size up front ....

I know a team that matches up with BA up front and the name is OAKLAND who beat the dog pee out of BA in a scrimage just a few weeks ago and then snaped Riverdale's 84 game region win streak last Fri.

No it really doesnt. I know the teams in east and west TN play good ball too. When was the last time MUS, Germantown, Melrose, Maryville, or Alcoa won a gold ball in the highest TN classification? Maryville is no doubt a great team and they have all of the pieces year in and year out. However, no one knows how good they really are because they dont have a very difficult schedule for most of the year until late in the playoffs. Just my opinion, Im sure there are many east tennesseans that wont agree but thats what makes an opinion.

So tell me one more time so that I am clear who does MBA have to beat to get a gold ball and how many playoff games do they have to play? How many 5a playoff games do they play? I mean since it is Tennessee's highest classification I am sure that MBA would have to play in it right? Let me say this. It is 11 on 11 every friday night and it does not matter how many people go to your school you can only put 11 on the field. The idea that by being a 5a school and you have an enrollment that has 400 more kids means you have better coaches,players, and tradition is ridiculous. By the way for those that do not know MBA is not 5A but they do get a chance to win the state every year because all the have to do is usually beat Brentwood Acadamy and lately they have not been able to do that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Guest workinprogress

So tell me one more time so that I am clear who does MBA have to beat to get a gold ball and how many playoff games do they have to play? How many 5a playoff games do they play? I mean since it is Tennessee's highest classification I am sure that MBA would have to play in it right? Let me say this. It is 11 on 11 every friday night and it does not matter how many people go to your school you can only put 11 on the field. The idea that by being a 5a school and you have an enrollment that has 400 more kids means you have better coaches,players, and tradition is ridiculous. By the way for those that do not know MBA is not 5A but they do get a chance to win the state every year because all the have to do is usually beat Brentwood Acadamy and lately they have not been able to do that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

So MBA didnt beat BA twice last year??? Must have been a dream I guess. Most people know that if the privates were in a class it would be with the 5A schools. So you are saying that a school like oh lets say South Pitt could compete with MBA or even Franklin on a week to week basis???

MBA has 469 students that would put them in what 3a ??? I will agree when it is a private school does not really matter if they have 400 kids or 3000 kids they will get the football talent, but in public schools as an ex coach, give me 2500 kids instead of 4oo just for the sheer number and better chance of getting more players,,,,,,,

and BRENTWOOD ACADEMY last year played and beat both 5A teams that were in championship game Smyrna and Indy, and MBA also beat INDY last year in regular season-

Let's not turn this into a public vs private debate because this post was about who is the best high school football team in Tennessee. It is very difficult to make that decision because the best teams do not play each other very often due to several factors including travel distance. When Tronto is closer to Bristol, TN than Memphis you are not going to find the Memphis and East Tennessee schools playing unless they are forced to do so. IMO, high school football is better in Middle Tennessee than other parts of the state due to the population growth. They don't really have better coaching and facilities but they have more players to select from and the higher number of good players makes those players around them even better. Another factor helping the Middle Tennessee players is the Titans and how they have reached out to the community and are helping at the grass roots level with clinics for the youth league players. Look at the number of former Titans that are helping coach at the middle school and high school level because they love the game and working with kids. It's not one factor it's a combination of things that make the Middle Tennessee high school teams strong.

Let's not turn this into a public vs private debate because this post was about who is the best high school football team in Tennessee. It is very difficult to make that decision because the best teams do not play each other very often due to several factors including travel distance. When Tronto is closer to Bristol, TN than Memphis you are not going to find the Memphis and East Tennessee schools playing unless they are forced to do so. IMO, high school football is better in Middle Tennessee than other parts of the state due to the population growth. They don't really have better coaching and facilities but they have more players to select from and the higher number of good players makes those players around them even better. Another factor helping the Middle Tennessee players is the Titans and how they have reached out to the community and are helping at the grass roots level with clinics for the youth league players. Look at the number of former Titans that are helping coach at the middle school and high school level because they love the game and working with kids. It's not one factor it's a combination of things that make the Middle Tennessee high school teams strong.

i agree with the above stated also you forgot to mention and i think its a very big part is hte peewee football programs and middle school coaching etc