CAK vs. Cherokee

Govolsknox

Good luck to our friends at CAK. You really had us on the ropes the 2nd half last week. I'm sure your offence will put up some big numbers this year. Your QB has a cannon and can hurt another team quickly. Hope you have a great season and take it to Aloca whenever you play them. Hope we can keep you guys on the schedule in the future. Your a class act.

Nice comments BUC4LIFE. I hope we can keep each other on the schedule too. Nice friendly rivalry starting to grow. Its fun to travel occassionally for a game and the drive is an easy 1 1/2 hrs. We probably both have friends at each school. Could you guys loan us a few of those beefy lineman? ha.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice comments BUC4LIFE. I hope we can keep each other on the schedule too. Nice friendly rivalry starting to grow. Its fun to travel occassionally for a game and the drive is an easy 1 1/2 hrs. We probably both have friends at each school. Could you guys loan us a few of those beefy lineman? ha.

Cherokee by 10...27-17, fromke will throw 2 touchdowns, 1 to kolinsky the other to brooksbank, then throw 4 pics.. all four returned for touchdowns with one missed pat. warren will connect on a tennessee high school football record 89 yd field goal. for caks other non td score

I am not sure why they played in there red jerseys, but I know one thing.....The Red Jerseys with the black numbers made it almost impossible to read....I kept trying to figure out who was running the ball and couldnt pick out who the stud running backs were because I never knew if 21 had run it, 11, 41, heck it was crazy.

Why did Cherokee play in their home, red jerseys?

I was told by a News Sentinel reporter that wearing the solid color jersey, even on the road, was something of an Upper East TN thing that just recently started. So long as the colors weren't the same or close to the home teams colors. All that was news to me. As long as I can remember the visiting teams wear white. You would think that a school would notify the host team if they were going to do something differently. Luckily, CAK had their white away jerseys clean and available at the school, but I know some of the players weren't happy about it. Cherokee may not meant any disrespect by it but it certainly fired up some of the CAK players who were looking forward to showing off their new blue jerseys.