2003 top 10 Midstate Teams

GaryKnows

In all classes and divisions, who do you think are the top 10 best teams in the Middle Tennessee. Here is my list.

1. Maplewood (AAA)

2. Antioch (AAA)

3. McGavock (AAA)

4. Stratford (AAA)

5. David Limpscomb (AA)

6. Symrna (AAA)

7. Father Ryan (DII)

8. Hillsboro (AAA)

9. Hume Fogg (AA)

10. Columbia Central (A)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team everyone is sleeping on is Glencliff they had some young talent last year and I hear the are getting some good transfers for next year,and if Jamont Gordan keeps his grades up he is going to be a beast so watch out for them next year.McGavack will probably come out #1 next year Mapalwood or Glencliff 2nd if they can get all their players together.

1.McGavack

2.Mapelwood or Glencliff

4.Whites Creek

5.Statford

6.Hillsboro

7.Riverdale

8.Antioch

9.Brentwood

10.Hunters Lane

[Edited by gbaby on 8/2/02 9:33P]

Guest CourtTechnician

If you have Brentwood in the top 10 and leave a team out like Father Ryan, you have a problem. From what I have heard this summer, Father Ryan beat Hunters Lane (2x), Hillsboro, Stratford and several others. They have a great core of seniors coming up led by Everett Bills and Brent Carney, who by the way, are great scorers. A tall post about 6'6 can block shots and score. Another short post about 6'1-2 can rebound and score as well. The point guard can flat out shoot the pill at 6'0. The 2 guard is the best defender I have seen in my 17 years of watching high school basketball. He's about 6'0 and plays really tough. These 6 are a dime a dozen and can play and beat anybody in the state. To be ranked 7th in the midstate alone is ludicrous. They will be back at state. You can say DII all you want but this team was great last year and if they want to, can be even better.

[Edited by CourtTechnician on 8/2/02 10:37P]

I never judge summer league games because each team has football players who usually don't show up for summer league. Hillsboro for example, they never had their whole team their for one game, they have about 3 starters that missed most of summer league due to football and injury. Father Ryan didn't beat Stratford either, Stratford came one day and that one day that they came they played Antioch and Hillsboro. I'm just saying that you cant judge summer games because teams never have their full team do to summer school, camps, and other sports. But I do think Father Ryan should be in the top ten. I would definitely put them in my top ten.

[Edited by domonique2002 on 8/2/02 11:00P]

sorry to step on your toes but none of the aaa teams that father ryan played had all of there squad and dont get me wrong they are good but with billy may gone if ryan played stratford, hunterslane,maplewood, mcgavock,hillsboro, or antiock,glencliff day in and day out they may not even have a 500 season but thats just my opponion. you need to listen to domonique 2002 he seems to know what he's talking about.

Guest CourtTechnician

Do you think Father Ryan wants to play the private schools? Heavens no! Before the split, Father Ryan and MBA were in your district. Sorry to step on your toes, but if public schools were not crying about private schools giving people a better education, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Father Ryan had Whites Creek, Brentwood, among others turn them down, due to fear of losing. McGavock stepped up and scheduled 2 games with Father Ryan. If you want to say football players weren't there, then Father Ryan didn't have some players due to football so... it goes both ways. If your man enough, convince your coach to play Father Ryan or if you are a coach call Coach Doug Bontrager and schedule a game.