Page v. DL

Yes, anytime you can pick the players you need from the mid tn area.you should domanate.there not like the other schools where you have the players come from certain zones set by a school board.

This is a tiring response from the ill-informed. The subject has already been dealt with for a number of years.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never get into the recruiting argument. WHO CARES?????????

David Lipscomb is not good because they go buy a bunch of 5 star athletes. They win because they are fundamental and never do dumb things to kill themselves.

The last time that I recall David Lipscomb really "stinking it up" in a game was when they lost to Huntingdon in 2003.

David Lipscomb has good athletes but not superior athletes. Fulton in 2006 and Alcoa in 2004 were both better than the Mustangs. DL didn't play "poorly" in either of those games they just got beat. The same goes for them in the losses to Goodpasture from the last two years.

I wish David Lipscomb the best of luck because they play hard fundamental football and win by doing the basic threee things better than their opponents (most of the time).........RUNNING-BLOCKING-TACKLING

I never get into the recruiting argument. WHO CARES?????????

David Lipscomb is not good because they go buy a bunch of 5 star athletes. They win because they are fundamental and never do dumb things to kill themselves.

The last time that I recall David Lipscomb really "stinking it up" in a game was when they lost to Huntingdon in 2003.

David Lipscomb has good athletes but not superior athletes. Fulton in 2006 and Alcoa in 2004 were both better than the Mustangs. DL didn't play "poorly" in either of those games they just got beat. The same goes for them in the losses to Goodpasture from the last two years.

I wish David Lipscomb the best of luck because they play hard fundamental football and win by doing the basic threee things better than their opponents (most of the time).........RUNNING-BLOCKING-TACKLING

he's right...Coach Mac is one of if not the best coach in the state. Lipscomb is always more fundamental and disciplined than its opponent, that's why they have gone to 5 championship games in the last 6 years

Yes,well prove me wrong.I know they have the numbers to be 3a but still private school who can pick who they need.DL should be playing the other private schools.My opinion. Thats all it is.

like recently posted, there is no dl starter that hasn't been there since 6th grade. take that argument elsewhere

Im betting on the ladder half of your statement "a long night in Ruddeville" Congrats to Page on beating Centennial and I know thats a big deal in Williamson County. This is the deal though....Lipscomb too big, too fast, too athletic, too well coached, and as always mistake free in romping Page and the rest of the teams in Region 5-3A as they run roughshot through the region for a 4 year record of 28-0 in the region! Anything wrong with this picture?

Have you even seen Lipscomb play this year? A scrimmage or the one game?

That is the smallest defense I have ever seen. It is, however, the fastest quickest defense I have ever seen. Since we all know that speed kills, don't look for this to be very close. My best guess is 42 - 10 Lipscomb.

Yes,well prove me wrong.I know they have the numbers to be 3a but still private school who can pick who they need.DL should be playing the other private schools.My opinion. Thats all it is.

this is the stupidest arguement i have seen on here in a while.. lipscomb as no business in recruiting. no player is on the field that has not been there since early middle school. its never even that lipscomb is so much more athletic than the opposing team, its that coach mac and the rest of the coaching staff have a way of coaching their opponents into the ground. so after friday you can go ahead and wine and cry about how unfair it is that they can bring players in from all over and the patriots can only bring from a specific zone but i suggest you do it elsewhere becuase you will only make yourself sound less knowledgable than you already have.

I believe bigfoot was using the word "big" in the context of how the David Lipscomb players are used to the "big game" atmospheres. I don't think "big" was meant as a TALE OF THE TAPE argument.

David Lipscomb is a team that doesn't just WOW you as a fan during pregame warmups but when the game starts they simply are a bunch of hard working guys that get in your tail for 48 minutes.