Ensworth-CPA

Manzikert

Ensworth was awfully impressive, building a 47-7 lead late in the 2d quarter. Back ups finished the 1st half and played the whole 2d half. Final was 54-28. The game wasn't nearly that close. The Tigers showed lots of speed. Tavarres Jefferson was effective at QB both running and passing. Orleans Opu Darkwa looked like the real deal at RB. Ensworth's starting lines dominated both sides of the ball. Not sure how good CPA is, they lost lots of talent from last year, although the still have Z Mason who is a big time athlete. QB (Roman, I think) had a good arm.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jefferson and Darkwa are gonna make defensive coaches cry.

I was there....MAJOR diference in DI and DII......I think CPA had some good athletes.....ESPECIALLY ZAC #83 who could play for ANY DII that I know and I have been to BA games since '76.....and played in a few.........Ensworth has some really good athletes.........don't underestimate them.

Ensworth was awfully impressive, building a 47-7 lead late in the 2d quarter. Back ups finished the 1st half and played the whole 2d half. Final was 54-28. The game wasn't nearly that close. The Tigers showed lots of speed. Tavarres Jefferson was effective at QB both running and passing. Orleans Opu Darkwa looked like the real deal at RB. Ensworth's starting lines dominated both sides of the ball. Not sure how good CPA is, they lost lots of talent from last year, although the still have Z Mason who is a big time athlete. QB (Roman, I think) had a good arm.

Ensworth is good, very fast on offense. They could have scored much more. They did have starters in the 3rd qtr tho, Jefferson was at QB for most of the 3rd. With all their speed they will be difficult to defense.

CPA had to replace so many skill pllayers this year and had so many starters on the sidelines on crutches and in slings and boots and lost another, Fisher, in the 1st series, hope he can return soon. Wasn't surprised by the talent of Ensworth but was surprised how CPA performed, especially on offense. CPA turned the ball over on their 1st 4 series, the first within Ensworth's 10 yd line. They will adjust and be fine in 5-2A which starts Friday at DCA.

Ensworth should go deep this year if they keep everybody healthy. Who was #74 on the sidelines, not dressed out.

He is mammoth!

Believe it or not - some people make sacrifices to HOPEFULLY provide themselves a better future. And, this is what you need to know about sacrifice. Self-sacrifice is the real miracle from which all reported miracles grow. In order to succeed greatly, you must sacrifice greatly. And nobody said it is easy. That's not mine, but someone that is wiser than me. The point is this - quit talking about things you know nothing about. It isn't easy making sacrifices - many of which you know nothing about. These are kids. These are kids trying to build a better future - and I promise you that if a private school is interested enough in them - AND THEY CAN QUALIFY for the aid if they are not able to provide the cost of tuition themselves - then they should absolutely take advantage of it if they are in a current situation which inhibits their God-given potential. Ya'll talk to much about kids. This isn't a college or NFL board - but it is a high school board. Good grief. These are kids struggling to balance many things in a perplexing world - and all many of ya'll do is try to further complicate the perplexity of it. There are two different divisions - and they have a different set of rules for a reason. Nobody ever said CPA was expected to hang with Ensworth - nor should they expect to hang with Ensworth. If CPA can hang with Ensworth - then Ensworth isn't doing their job as a Division II school. CPA is a great Division I 2A school. They should hang their heads high and proceed to play to the utmost of their abilities and thereby hopefully achieve a successful season. Ensworth should do the same. If all these schools were thrown in the same pot - I could appreciate your arguing, whining, moaning, and crying - but they are not. And they are not for a reason. This really is about opportunity - opportunity for the kids. If you can't see that - then you have your own insecurities you need to deal with. Personally, I'm a public school guy - and I believe in public school (outside of Metro). It ultimately comes down to your roots - and hopefully you've been brought up in a way that you can learn to succeed regardless of the environment you've been placed. Division II schools just allow an alternate (and hopefully more promising) opportunity for kids to succeed. You can't fault them for that. But you must also understand the personal sacrifice and stress those families endure by sending their kids to DII schools. Oh well, ya'll we'll keep moaning about this for another century, so I'm done. Just keep the kids out of it. They are just trying to be kids and do right - most of the time.

yeah the new benz they got that kid is still on back order so he has missed a few practices. . . .

Do you think that high school kids dont read what you and others post on here? God forbid a kid is takin the right steps to further his life by utalizing his God given talents, but you insist on saying something that implicates the morality of a sixteen year old kid. Hope it was worth it.

So he is sitting this year out? He is one huge soph.

Wish I knew if he was or not. I would be willing to to come see him play again. He is a monster and would have totally dominated in Class 1a ball. He may do that @ Ensworth in the future but at least he would be plaing this year. He played in spring practice at his old school, would that make him ineligible this year? Not sure if he has a benz or not but I do know that the person he lives with now did not have a thing last year. Oh well no need to be a dead horse to death though.