Ensworth-CPA

Manzikert

What it boils down to is that we fear this particular kid is being taken advantage of on many fronts. I don't think that anyone denies that he--and all students there--will get a great education. I'll say it once again--if privates and preps are truly fair in the disbursment of their aid and are really interested in helping those less fortunate --where was the scholarship and help for his brother? Both are bright --good kids. How do you claim to be helping the KIDS and not your SCHOOL and leave one of them out? No I'm not advocating wooing him away too--just call it what it is!!!

tigers wow funny how loud the ENSWORTH folks were before but they really are quiet now and why dont they reply to you> You know they will tell us his brother couldnt pass the entrance exams or the clearing house for financial aid was not approved for his brother...you would think that if someone is driving 120 miles roundtrip to take him to school that is makes sense to pack the brother in as well - ( Wait, let me beat you to it Ensworths supporters, let me guess his brother does not want to go to your school)

look EMSWORTH recruit all you want , deny all you want we all know you target gifted athletes, just make it equal - go out and search for the glee club captain instead of the QB that runs a 4.5 fourty

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tigers wow funny how loud the ENSWORTH folks were before but they really are quiet now and why dont they reply to you> You know they will tell us his brother couldnt pass the entrance exams or the clearing house for financial aid was not approved for his brother...you would think that if someone is driving 120 miles roundtrip to take him to school that is makes sense to pack the brother in as well - ( Wait, let me beat you to it Ensworths supporters, let me guess his brother does not want to go to your school)

look EMSWORTH recruit all you want , deny all you want we all know you target gifted athletes, just make it equal - go out and search for the glee club captain instead of the QB that runs a 4.5 fourty

First of all, his name is Antonio Richardson and he is a fine young man. Very well spoken, and incredibly smart. He is ineligible right now until he moves into the school zone. Every single day, there are debates on whether schools recruit or not. And in truth, they do and always will. But certainly not for athletics, alone. It's the schools job to go out and find kids that might be interested in the school because how else would schools like mba, ensworth, or ba get money? They need students to keep their schools running. PRivate schools maybe have about 110 students per grade, so of course they are going to try to find students. Whether they are the quartback of the football team, or the leads in the play, they are going to get recruited to that school. But what if they cant afford it? Not a problem, tons of schools offer financial aid to persuade those students even more to come to the schoool. Not many kids get the opportunity to attend a school as good as mba or ensworth, so they are going to take advantage of it. Kids come to these schools because they are on the map not only for their athletics, but also their education. Why would a student, like Antonio, pass up a chance to go to one of the finer schools in Tennessee.

First of all, his name is and he is a fine young man. Very well spoken, and incredibly smart. He is ineligible right now until he moves into the school zone. Every single day, there are debates on whether schools recruit or not. And in truth, they do and always will. But certainly not for athletics, alone. It's the schools job to go out and find kids that might be interested in the school because how else would schools like mba, ensworth, or ba get money? They need students to keep their schools running. PRivate schools maybe have about 110 students per grade, so of course they are going to try to find students. Whether they are the quartback of the football team, or the leads in the play, they are going to get recruited to that school. But what if they cant afford it? Not a problem, tons of schools offer financial aid to persuade those students even more to come to the schoool. Not many kids get the opportunity to attend a school as good as mba or ensworth, so they are going to take advantage of it. Kids come to these schools because they are on the map not only for their athletics, but also their education. Why would a student, like , pass up a chance to go to one of the finer schools in Tennessee.

Why did you feel the need to name him? We all knew who he was. I am glad that you finally admitted it. It's funny that they go to football camps to find kids that need a better education. Why not go to spelling bees and poetry readings and essay contest? Oh, that's right, those kids won't win you football games. I hope he does well for his sake. I hope he hasn't been screwed out of a year of football because of the greed of adults.

Why did you feel the need to name him? We all knew who he was. I am glad that you finally admitted it. It's funny that they go to football camps to find kids that need a better education. Why not go to spelling bees and poetry readings and essay contest? Oh, that's right, those kids won't win you football games. I hope he does well for his sake. I hope he hasn't been screwed out of a year of football because of the greed of adults.

tiger - what does it mean when the above poster ( Ensworth ) said he cant play becasue he is awaiting a zone transfer? not sure what that is and wondering if you could help me on that... again excuse me and tell me if i am wrong but schools like goodpasture and lipscmb they are private yet dont offer fin aid?

lastly well said tiger - i am so tired of them saying we are offering Johnny Smith a great education but they refrain from telling us that they just want TO GIVE A SUPER STUD football player that chance---- tiger let them play in that division where a championship is one with what 8 teams -it is meaningless

There is nothing wrong with what EHS does. They "recruit" people not only for football but for arts and academics. Kenji Alexander is a genius and has been tested with a 170 IQ, he is on a full ride. Zach Walker is a dance prodigy. Jennifer Oxford is an incredible artist. I can go on forever about all the people "recruited" to EHS. Oh and just in case someone was confused the majority of Ensworth IS let me repeat IS receiving some form of aid. Sure there are wealthy kids, but most are not. EHS "recruits" people from all walks of life who have numerous talents. The true atrocity is not what EHS is doing, it is what people on this board are doing. The people on this board are talking out their rear and making ignorant comments on topics they no nothing about. If people do not cut it academically they leave, simple as that.

A zone transfer means he is waiting to have a permanent residence in the area I am pretty sure. Lipscomb cost what, 5,000 dollars a year? EHS is over 20k. There is plenty of reason for them to have financial aid.

Are there specific "zones" for privates? Who sets them up? I was wondering since they draw from all "zones". I didn't realize that you had to live somewhere specific to attend a private school. What about those who board? Their permanent residence would be elsewhere(hopefully with their parents). How does the zoning thing work with privates and preps?

Why would a student, like Antonio, pass up a chance to go to one of the finer schools in Tennessee.

It was not his choice to attend Ensworth either, but his dads. He would be playing tonight if it was up to him. No need to say the kids name on here either, everyone knows who we are talking about.

Everyone is speaking as if the said athlete is being taken advantage of... lets look at it this way. He is going to one of the best academic schools, with THE best facilities. He is going somewhere with some of the best coaches who have to means to facilitate his exposure to big time colleges. He is going to a school with a lot of good people who will embrace him and lastly i dont think he will be to upset with all the girls. I dont agree with this notion that he is the victim. He is benefiting the most. Yea the school may have a great athlete for 3 years but he has an education that will last him a lifetime and for him enswoth is a conduit to hopefully going to a big D1 school. Furthermore there is a reason ensworth does not scout out "spelling bees or poetry readings", because the level of exposure and influence of those activities is not near as well embraced as football, this site alone proves it.

Everyone is speaking as if the said athlete is being taken advantage of... lets look at it this way. He is going to one of the best academic schools, with THE best facilities. He is going somewhere with some of the best coaches who have to means to facilitate his exposure to big time colleges. He is going to a school with a lot of good people who will embrace him and lastly i dont think he will be to upset with all the girls. I dont agree with this notion that he is the victim. He is benefiting the most. Yea the school may have a great athlete for 3 years but he has an education that will last him a lifetime and for him enswoth is a conduit to hopefully going to a big D1 school. Furthermore there is a reason ensworth does not scout out "spelling bees or poetry readings", because the level of exposure and influence of those activities is not near as well embraced as football, this site alone proves it.

WE helped raise him! WE love him! WE want him back! We are afraid that a bunch of "Johnny come latelies" can't possibly love him as much as we do. We worry that if he gets hurt and can't contribute he'll be tossed aside. I know we seem to get on here and rant at Ensworth and all privates relentlessly--but they may not be who we fear taking advantage of him the most. There is no easy answer--my head tells me that this can be an exciting and wonderful thing for him--but in my heart I still fear!! I think we all want the best--and we do want to know about his progress--but all the other comes out every time we try to ask. Please keep an eye out for him and help him be successful!!

i am with you i want the best for the kid and i dont have an issue with him getting the best education he could get and i am sure he will at EHS- you said it about spelling bees and that is my point about this discussion, Ensworth looks for the big studs and talented QBs why dont they go out to some of the " low income " districts schools etc and look for the spelling bee champ as you mentioned, yeah another poster mentioned a high IQ, and a dancer - well i am sure these kids enrolled thier with no outside help i.e. being recruited by a coach at a summer camp or a middle school teacher calling his buddy at EHS and saying hey i got this QB that is lights out and runs a 4.4 fourty...

all i ask is that besides going out and coveting all the studs go help some other kids out as well..........

to the kid we are speaking about best of luck.......

and why does he need to be in a school district if it is a private school plz explain

WE helped raise him! WE love him! WE want him back! We are afraid that a bunch of "Johnny come latelies" can't possibly love him as much as we do. We worry that if he gets hurt and can't contribute he'll be tossed aside. I know we seem to get on here and rant at Ensworth and all privates relentlessly--but they may not be who we fear taking advantage of him the most. There is no easy answer--my head tells me that this can be an exciting and wonderful thing for him--but in my heart I still fear!! I think we all want the best--and we do want to know about his progress--but all the other comes out every time we try to ask. Please keep an eye out for him and help him be successful!!

Heck, we have fed him when someone else wouldn't, he would rather buy himself something else to "Drink" than feed his on kid. NO BULL ABOUT THAT EITHER, I saw & fed him myself. But when he was approached about coming to a different school were everything will be paid for he was all in then. That why I say it was not about the kid it was all about what someone else would get from this.