Henry County v. Liberty Magnet

chaos001

I just heard that Liberty annihilated Westview in a scrimmage. I, for one, am taking you very seriously. A lot of people go to college, but I did it with a 4.0 I am proud of HC and our kids and resent the trash talk.

If that's true then that puts a whole new perspective on this game. I hope the team is ready. Westview may not be quite as good as last year, I'm not sure about that, but they are still Westview and they will be good. You can count on them to win eight or nine games this year and if Liberty beat them badly, even in just a scrimmage, then that may be why Liberty is believed to be so good this year. Where did you hear that?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a pretty fair person and I am from Jackson. I actually predicted HC 50 Liberty 0. So that should dispell any thoughts of me being a Homer. Now, to your post. My two sons wnet to Jackson SS and I can assure you SS isn't crime-ridden and gang-infested. I noticed you editited your post about having to go through a drive by to get to the games.....that is an absolute lie and a pretty darn underhanded thing to say. I have NEVER NEVER expierenced that and neither has anybody else. I think you are a redneck, banjo picking, make em squeal boys, deliverence, and good ole boy. Of course I don't mean that.....just letting you know that what you said isn't cool. Talk smack all you want but lay off the redneck stuff...one of my sons is in the USMC and the other in the US Navy...both products of Jackson SS. I guess thats why these young boys fight.... for the right of all.....even for people that are ignorant. I'm proud of Jackson SS just as much as you are of Henry County....get my point!!!! Why not find another way to talk smack..I'm sure people can handle it.

Almost forgot....the trailer joke wans't funny either. Just so you know i'm all about fair play.

"Like Sands Through the Hourglass.....so are the Days of Our Lives...." I need to turn my mom onto this board, maybe then my dad can watch the election coverage during the time she usally is watching The Young and the Restless....

Guest Advisor

Does anyone know a phone number of a limo service in Jackson that can shuttle us overly wealthy and cocky fans from the Jackson International AirField to Crusader Stadium? We will be arriving on the McDonald's corporate Cessa Citation Mustang in plenty of time for an evening of tailgating and Crusader Kicking!! Do they have flatbed truck limos...........our coolers are pretty big!! GO BIG RED!!

I just heard that Liberty annihilated Westview in a scrimmage. I, for one, am taking you very seriously. A lot of people go to college, but I did it with a 4.0 I am proud of HC and our kids and resent the trash talk.

I didn't go to college, but my son is holding down a 3.5 in nuclear engineering. Just sayin, what's your 4.0 got to do with anything. Are you implying you are smarter than the rest of us /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm from Jackson and I am one of those that believes that HC has the best team in West TN ...Hands down. BTW...trash talk is part of all these boards..sometimes it gets a little out of hand and most will admit when they go overboard, once pointed out. Again...I'm not sure what the 4.0 is all about....I find that statement funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> FOR REAL!!!!!!!

Maybe someone can take a picture of the hall of fame on the outside of the Patriots Field House for you. That would back things up plenty for you. Let me see, in 2004 and 2005 I think it was Melrose who went to state two times in a row earning them the title of "Best Team in West TN." Now granted, HC has not been able to play the likes of Germantown, White Station, Whitehaven and Millington the last few years. However, Melrose has played them or common opponents. HC beat them at home in 2006 - the first team to do that in a VERY LONG time - and again in 2007 to make back-to-back trips to the Semi's. I would say that some folks opinion is that HC is the best team out of West Tennessee. Especially since people like Murphy Fair, the Jackson Sun, Commercial Appeal and Nashville Tennessean tend to write articles that say exactly that. So yes, in my humble opinion some people on here are cocky others are confident while others still are nervous about each and every game. So to me it sounds like you are the one reading a few posts and taking the old adage that one rotten apple ruins the bushel. Are HC fans cocky? Some of them yes. But most are level-headed middle class Americans that support their local high school football program. And probably the ones that come across as "cocky" are simply responding to someone attacking Big Red Nation. So do like your fellow Jacksonian yankees8589 and post something that's not slanted.

Is the hall of fame a hall, or a wall. Wall of fame is used when the hall can not be filled up.

Is the hall of fame a hall, or a wall. Wall of fame is used when the hall can not be filled up.

Sorry dude, my bad. I should have clarified further. The Wall of Fame is on the outside of the fieldhouse. One picture would get all of that in. The Hall of Fame in Henry County is located at a different location, it would take many pictures to capture all of what it houses. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sorry dude, my bad. I should have clarified further. The Wall of Fame is on the outside of the fieldhouse. One picture would get all of that in. The Hall of Fame in Henry County is located at a different location, it would take many pictures to capture all of what it houses. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good deal. Well Lets hope for good weather, safe travel and an injury free game. Good luck to both teams and HC it's been fun. Good luck you ya'll the rest of the season!

I didn't see the interview, but I know Coach Hookfin and I just can't see him being cocky. He has always seemed very level headed and down to earth to me.

Liberty is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next few years, simply because they are a magnet school and can draw talent from all over Jackson Madison County. They have definitely benefited from the problems at JCM, by receiving several transfers from over there.

All that being said, I follow and support Henry County and would like to see them go to the Boro' this year. I really don't see Liberty, who while 2-0, haven't really dominated anyone and actually have been behind and had to rally to win, giving Henry County too much trouble.

Henry County Wins 42-20

Liberty can not get get players from jcm only NS an SS can. they get a few freshmen on the magnet program for people that don't know an love to talk what they don't know. they have young great coaches over there that puts in the time an hard work with the team. liberty wins 24-21

Liberty can not get get players from jcm only NS an SS can. they get a few freshmen on the magnet program for people that don't know an love to talk what they don't know. they have young great coaches over there that puts in the time an hard work with the team. liberty wins 24-21

Thats what i'm talkin bout Boro. It's your boy yo gotti!

Good deal. Well Lets hope for good weather, safe travel and an injury free game. Good luck to both teams and HC it's been fun. Good luck you ya'll the rest of the season!

Same to you. Good luck against Chester County tonight. And here's to an injury free game this evening for all involved!

Ok Big Red Nation, its time to saddle up and get this show on the road! Its time for a little skirmish between some Crusaders and Patriots!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

I repeat!!! HC will not even be tested until STATE SEMI'S!!!! It will be a running clock @ the beginning of 2nd half tonight. Liberty is better and maybe next year will compete before getting killed. NOT TONIGHT!!!!

Same to you. Good luck against Chester County tonight. And here's to an injury free game this evening for all involved!

Ok Big Red Nation, its time to saddle up and get this show on the road! Its time for a little skirmish between some Crusaders and Patriots!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

the jackson sun reported that westview is "rebuilding" this year.

let's get it on and prove once and for all who's the better team!

rollin' out in under 3 hrs...