Tullahoma at Whites Creek

binns37388

The Tullahoma Wildcats travel to the Nashville area to play Whites Creek in the Region 5-4A opener for both teams this Friday nite. Tullahom is 1-1 and fresh off an impressive victory over rival Franklin Co 38-7. The Cobras are 0-2, but that record is very deceiving. Whites Creek lost a powerhouse Ooltewah in week 0 and lost last Friday nite 13-7 against powerful Hunters Lane. In the past, Tullahoma hasn't fared well at Whites Creek and this is a dangerous game for the Wildcats. Its early, but this game could go a long way in determining if Tullahoma will make the state playoffs. This game can be heard on the internet at www.fantasyradio.com. I urge Tullahoma fans to make the trip if possibe to support the Wildcats.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get a feel for this one. I saw Tullahoma & Whites Creek play each other in the 7 on 7 passing tournament at MTSU this summer. I can't say that I was impressed with either team even though we lost. (Whites Creek played an 8 man defense.) Tullahoma seemed to be using the tournament to help improve their passing game by using multiple formations & routes. Whites Creek, however, seemed to be running the same play almost all the time. They have 2 receivers that are tall, fast, & very athletic. All they seemed to do was run seams routes and the quarterback would just chuck it deep for a jump ball. If we can get pressure on the quarterback, I believe we will come up with several picks. The center they used in the tournament has a very slow snap, so we should get off the ball very well. I hear that their line is very big. But if they are like their center, they will probably be slow. Their secondary showed athleticism & quickness and I don't know if they have a running game. I guess that's why I can't get a feel for this one. I think T-Town comes out on top, but not like last year's 28-0 shut-out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whites Creek has not shown an ability to run the football. The Cobras played a good Hunters Lane team close last week but the word is Hunters Lane did just enough to win. WC quarterback J Booker and receiver Cliff Jetton are legitimate weapons and the Cobras have one of Region 5-4A's best linemen in Tory Booker.

Tullahoma was very impressive against Franklin Co. The Wildcats had no turnovers and no 15-yard penalties. The offensive line was dominant in the final three quarters, and the defense contained Shaquille Shedd and Terrance Martin well.

Whites Creek is always a tough trip for Tullahoma, although the Wildcats sometimes have more fans in the stands than do the Cobras. After facing Lincoln Co.'s defense the Wildcats know what a good defense looks like. Although Tullahoma kept the A11 in its pocked against Franklin Co. you can expect them to pull it out if they feel a need this week.

The advantages Tullahoma tends to have against some metro teams is depth and physical conditioning. The Wildcats are in excellent shape and they go two-deep in the rotation at some positions better than any team in the region. Look for those advantages to begin making a difference in the second half. Tullahoma wins this one 31-13.

Tullahoma wins this one in a close one.

Wildcats have their best qb since Matthews.

Are you talking about Robert Matthews??????? I believe he graduated in '98. Cheatham Co. played that 1997 Tullahoma squad in the opening round of the playoffs in freezing rain. Tullahoma won 17-6. Matthews was very good!!!!

I have confidence that Tullahoma will win this game but the fact that Whites Creek did play Hunters Lane so close last week is very scary to me.............