Chattanooga area rankings

chasanooga

I hope we can prove you right when we meet Baylor later in the month. But at this point ND has not earned the right to share in a tie with Baylor. Until we can beat them or score on them....we have to earn it. Baylor has alone earned that right until Notre Dame can prove we belong with them. But until then.....Go Irish!

ndsoccer88......To quote a great poet from Wham (George Michael), "You Gotta Have Faith"....What happened in years past means nothing. You guys this year have the offense, you have the defense, and you have the luck of the Irish....What more do you need?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, I know of 5 SD and 2 ND players that played on the same club team the last couple of years.

It doesn't surprise me that there are more. I know most of the younger ND players also play club, but I have know idea who else is on those teams... Chattanooga soccer in the upper age groups isn't so large that it's not surprising that many players from all of the various schools play on the same club teams.

Last year, after the ND vs. Baylor game, players from both teams that play club had their picture taken together, along with their club coach who had come to watch the game. It was nice to see players who moments before had been trying to beat each other quickly come together in friendship after the final whistle had blown.

A great place to start would be to finally beat Baylor and score some goals on them. My whole point is we have something to prove and until we do it we have not earned it.

ndsoccer88......To quote a great poet from Wham (George Michael), "You Gotta Have Faith"....What happened in years past means nothing. You guys this year have the offense, you have the defense, and you have the luck of the Irish....What more do you need?

Sounds like your thinking is right on. A few on here makes one think that Notre Dame is obsessed with Baylor. They may need to worry about the rest of their schedule first. Go Owls!

A great place to start would be to finally beat Baylor and score some goals on them. My whole point is we have something to prove and until we do it we have not earned it.

Agreed. We need to take care of business this Thursday with Soddy Daisy. That will be a good game.

Oh come on DonC....Baylor should be your focus /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ...Notre Dame and Baylor Should share the #1 ranking in Chatt.. There is no need to fret over that country, county school north of the river.

DonCChatt thanks for taking my comments the way they were intended. You seem to always be in the know on soccer and ND in particular. Again, I do not mean this as bashing, etc. But why does a private school like ND still play on the football field like they do. It is not even a good football field by any stretch of the imagination. I hear it from schools (different ones) that they dread playing on that field, size, etc. You hear it mostly about ND because it is a private school and it does not seem to be as big of an issue with public schools....I guess people expect it more. Again, just looking for a why if you know it. Good luck to your team. It sounds like you will have a great season.

Agreed. We need to take care of business this Thursday with Soddy Daisy. That will be a good game.

DonCChatt thanks for taking my comments the way they were intended. You seem to always be in the know on soccer and ND in particular. Again, I do not mean this as bashing, etc. But why does a private school like ND still play on the football field like they do. It is not even a good football field by any stretch of the imagination. I hear it from schools (different ones) that they dread playing on that field, size, etc. You hear it mostly about ND because it is a private school and it does not seem to be as big of an issue with public schools....I guess people expect it more. Again, just looking for a why if you know it. Good luck to your team. It sounds like you will have a great season.

It's pretty simple really: money and land, mostly the latter.

Owlfutbol, Glad to see you on the boards. The Owl and Chargers have been far and few between this year.

I'm still here. We just haven't played but a game. If that's who you're referring to... and if not I'm just going to go for a run. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />