Chattanooga area rankings

chasanooga

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chttanooga Area Rankings Week 5

1. Baylor 9-0-1, still best team in the state. Beat Notre Dame and Houston. Tough as nails defense and an opportunistic offense keeps them on track for a state title. Plays Webb

2. Soddy Daisy 9-1, have outscored opponents 38-3 this year. Swarming defense could carry them well into state tourney. Beat GPS and Bradley Central. Plays Warren Co & CCS.

3. Notre Dame 8-4, lost a tough game to Baylor beat Houston. Have played back to back good games and that will need to continue as they play GPS and Bearden this week.

4. CCS 10-0-2, continue their unbeaten streak by beating Cleveland, and Hixson. They will have their hands full playing a motivated Soddy Daisy team.

5. GPS 4-3-2. lost to Soddy and will host Notre Dame this week. Always a battle between the two of them.

6. Cleveland 6-5-1, lost to CCS, beat Cumberland. Plays Walker Valley

7. Silverdale 7-1-1, it's been hard staying current with scores, results, etc. but Silverdale is the surprise team so far. Beat Hixson for a big win. Plays Grace next.

8. Hixson 7-4, lost to Silverdale & CCS. Beat Chatt Central and Sweetwater. Plays @ McMinn Central

9. Ooltewah 6-5-1, Beat Red Bank, Chuckey Doak and Livingston Academy. Lost to Cookeville. Plays Chatt Central and Cleveland.

10. McMinn Central 8-4-3, beat East Ridge, have been competitive against many of the regions better teams. Plays Hixson this week and plays rival McMinn County for bragging rights Oct 7.

Chattanooga Area Rankings Week 6

1. Baylor 10-0-1, Ranked # 11 Nationally by ESPN.com. Plays GPS Oct 7

2. Soddy Daisy 11-1, beat Warren Co and CCS. Have scored 46 goals and given up ony 3 so far this season.

This is a team that can make some noise in the state tourney.

3. Notre Dame 9-4-1, beat GPS and tied Bearden. ND is playing their best soccer of the year right now and that will need to continue as they play rival CCS in district play Oct 7. Plays Grace Oct 9 (senior night).

4. CCS 10-1-2, beat Hixson lost to Soddy. Plays Notre Dame and McMinn Co.

5. GPS 4-5-2, lost to Notre Dame and Oak Ridge by the same 1-0 score. Tough defense, but having a tough time scoring goals.

6. Cleveland 9-5-1, beat Walker Co and Ooltewah. Played Cookeville Oct 4, (score?)

7. Silverdale 10-1-1, beat Grace, plays Sequatchie Co and Telico Plains.

8. Hixson 9-4, beat McMinnCentral and Signal Mtn. Plays Bradley Central and Ooltewah

9. Ooltewah 7-6-1, beat Chatt Central lost to Cleveland. Plays Walker Valley and Hixson.

10. McMinn Central 8-5-3, lost to Hixson. Plays Sequoyah and McMinn County

Silverdale's win/loss record looks great, but their schedule lacks a tad. However, For an up and coming program this will be a team to watch.

I wonder if this is where some Ooltewah girls ended up going to HS? And that might be why Ooltewah didn't reload this year like they always seem to do.

Silverdale's win/loss record looks great, but their schedule lacks a tad. However, For an up and coming program this will be a team to watch.

I wonder if this is where some Ooltewah girls ended up going to HS? And that might be why Ooltewah didn't reload this year like they always seem to do.

I agree on your analysis of Silverdale (don't know about the possible Ooltewah connection though). I suspect that they are the team to beat in their district, but will likely run into a brick wall at the regional level against the two teams from Dictrict 6 that emerge out of their tournament.

I agree on your analysis of Silverdale (don't know about the possible Ooltewah connection though). I suspect that they are the team to beat in their district, but will likely run into a brick wall at the regional level against the two teams from Dictrict 6 that emerge out of their tournament.

I wonder which two teams that your refering to. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

By the way DonC I saw the possible new districts for AAA next year. But I have'nt seen the changes for A/AA or will there be any?

Might that be Notre Dame and who else do you think DonCChatt out of District 6? I agree that also that Silverdale's record is just great but not a strong schedule at all. But impressive for the length of time they have fielded a team. I would imagine also in years to come they will be a force in A/AA.

Might that be Notre Dame and who else do you think DonCChatt out of District 6? I agree that also that Silverdale's record is just great but not a strong schedule at all. But impressive for the length of time they have fielded a team. I would imagine also in years to come they will be a force in A/AA.

For the last 3 years, ND and CCS have emerged out of District 6 A/AA. On the other side of the region, it's been Grace all 3 years, and Sweetwater (05 & 06) or Boyd Buchanan (in 07). While upsets can and do happen, right now you would expect Silverdale and perhaps McMinn Central, though somebody (like Grace) could pull an upset.

At the region level, only once in the last 3 years has a district 5 team survived their regional semi-final game against distict 6 (Sweetwater knocked off CCS in 2006). If this were to happen this year, it would be a BIG upset.

Having said that, you have to be impressed with Silverdale's quick climb with their girl's soccer program. Their 2-0 win over Hixson is probably the best win so far this season. You may be right that they may be a force in A/AA in the coming years, but to do so, they will need to increase the level of competition, trading some of their wins against weaker teams in for some quality opponents (even if they first get killed). Good possible opponents for next year might be Ooltewah, Signal Mountain, Cleveland, or even an ND or CCS, plus going to a tournament or two (CCS is a good local tournament with a variety of teams represented).