Best in Sevier County

You're right, I didnt know I had such a recognizable screen-name! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As far as all County school someday having a ring, would be great I would love to see it, even though some people seem to think that the only county schools I like are SCHS and PF, but hey you cant please everybody, thats one of the reasons I love it at Cosby, the only people we have to please here are the players and the other staff members, dont much care about what everybody else thinks, guess that makes us terrible coaches, we dont listen to outside sources that have such wonderful ideas. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I guess being 7-0 has nothing to do with being left alone to coach how the kids need to be coached!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an outside observer from Scott County (Oneida), and one who knows a bit about the East TN landscape in football I can speak impartially regarding this Sevier county debate. First off, three of the four teams are traditional powers and all their fans should be very proud of their programs. As for PF, this is still basically a new school, and the potentential there is unlimited. they too will be a power soon.

I will answer the question to the debate like this. Year in year out I would say Sevier County would be the best. Based upon classification I would go with GP. Seymour is a playoff team year in year out so they are very consistent.

As far as this year is concerned, it is hard to overlook Seymours win over Sevier, and GP is amongst the best in the state in 2A. I guess this year I would give it a three way tie for first.

This is kind of off topic but as a former PF player and now fan I really cannot stand it when my friends that are my age that played for GP think that could have played with Sevier County and Seymour for the last two to three years. I have tons of close personal friends that played for sevier county and GP and i just want those GP kids to know that just because you went undefeated in the regular season for 2 to 3 years....u have no business calling out sevier county or seymour....You would have and still would get worked. There's a difference in playing D-B and Happy Valley.....Theres my two sense

p.s.- as a former player of BigblueLbs i just want people to know that he is a great coach who brings alot of intensity and love to his players...I know i missed him my senior year at the forge...and i believe that we need more coaches like him in high school football

This is kind of off topic but as a former PF player and now fan I really cannot stand it when my friends that are my age that played for GP think that could have played with Sevier County and Seymour for the last two to three years. I have tons of close personal friends that played for sevier county and GP and i just want those GP kids to know that just because you went undefeated in the regular season for 2 to 3 years....u have no business calling out sevier county or seymour....You would have and still would get worked. There's a difference in playing D-B and Happy Valley.....Theres my two sense

p.s.- as a former player of BigblueLbs i just want people to know that he is a great coach who brings alot of intensity and love to his players...I know i missed him my senior year at the forge...and i believe that we need more coaches like him in high school football

Thank you, I love it when former players understand that because sometimes I may have been hard on them it was only because I thought or knew you could do better, but I guess sometimes that gets mistaken for being abusive, which I have not, nor has any other coach that I have ever coached with been. But again thanks, I hope you are doing well, whoever you are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PS: Am I wrong to assume that your initials are CF?

Thank you, I love it when former players understand that because sometimes I may have been hard on them it was only because I thought or knew you could do better, but I guess sometimes that gets mistaken for being abusive, which I have not, nor has any other coach that I have ever coached with been. But again thanks, I hope you are doing well, whoever you are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PS: Am I wrong to assume that your initials are CF?

you would be correct coach..glad to see your doing good at cosby

you would be correct coach..glad to see your doing good at cosby

Man its good to hear from ya! I talked to your mom right after Coach Owenby's dad passed and she said that you were still at Maryville. Hang in there and get that degree, and when you get done let me know, would love to see you coaching somewhere I always said that you were the smartest football player I ever coached, and that is still true to this day! Good luck and keep in touch, even if it is on Coach T! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />