For Sure, big time, no miss D-1 prospects in W. TN

volfan007

your wrong dude...as a sophomore, the only contact can be with a brochure or a short form letter. If Arkansas has made an offer to a sophomore, they are in violation of the rule below, and will likely be slapped with a fine since it's been announced on this forum.

This was copied from the NCAA recruiting rules page.

A college coach may contact you in person off campus only on or after July 1 after completion of your junior year. Any face-to-face meeting between a college coach and you or your parents, during which you say more than "hello," is a contact. Any face-to-face meeting that is prearranged or that occurs at your high school or competition/practice site is a contact, regardless of the conversation.

This also includes letters, text messages and phone calls. Read it for yourself and tell me what i missed.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/resour...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

They can contact your coach and make an offer through the high school coach no matter what age you are. Colleges are free to contact the coach as many times as possible about a player and make verbal offer regardless of age.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your wrong dude...as a sophomore, the only contact can be with a brochure or a short form letter. If Arkansas has made an offer to a sophomore, they are in violation of the rule below, and will likely be slapped with a fine since it's been announced on this forum.

This was copied from the NCAA recruiting rules page.

A college coach may contact you in person off campus only on or after July 1 after completion of your junior year. Any face-to-face meeting between a college coach and you or your parents, during which you say more than "hello," is a contact. Any face-to-face meeting that is prearranged or that occurs at your high school or competition/practice site is a contact, regardless of the conversation.

This also includes letters, text messages and phone calls. Read it for yourself and tell me what i missed.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/resour...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

There has to be a hole somewhere because what this is on or after July 1, after completion of the junior year. I know UT received verbal committments from this year's senior class back in the spring. That would have been on or before July 1 of the completion of the junior year.

The hole is Buster Brown doesn't know what he is talking about. If Buster Brown were right....and he isn't....every recruiting service would be shutdwon for false information and every college would be in violation. It has already been pointed out twice how a verbal offer can be made. If Buster Brown refuses to believe it...OH WELL!!!!! I could care Less. I will go with the 100 million dollar service over Buster Brown. Hey Buster Brown, did you know Yahoo purchased Rivals for $100 Million in 2007. Your Beef should be with them since you know it all /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You should probably just drop it...Like I said it's already been pointed out twice how a verbal Can be made. Let it be Dude. Besides, this is supposed to be about D1 prospects...not Buster Browns knowledge of the NCAA rules...OR LACK THERE OF /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You guys have lost your minds. Ive seen him play and he is really good, but he has not

shown anything that would make a d1 school make him any kind of offer as a sophomore.

He may get some eventually, but for right now this is all pure conjecture by a bunch of folks

who listen to hype.Ask the QB from Jackson University School who was supposed to be getting

d1 attention before settling on UTM.Rivals .com is kind of like all the "World Series" travel ball

titles and invitations. PAY and u can say what you want.

And Verbal commitments they were. Thanks, the offers on rivals for the kid from TCA actually says verbal commitments. I assuemd everyone knew that. Nothing is official until the LOI is signed. But yes Verbals can be offered and they are everyday. Somebody told me once to never assume /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's good advice to /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />I guess the dude that said they couldn't offer forgot about Billy G. I know a kid here in Jackson (basketball) that has a handfull of offers from high-major programs and he just started the 11th grade. Coaches knew about him in the 8th grade.

Without changing the subject.........Am I the only one that went to watch this kid last Friday night (after all the hype) against a sub-par 2A team and left scratching my head. I'm sure he will develope over the next 3 years but as for being "offered" (whether legally or illegally) my opinion was that he either has a professional "promoter" in his pocket or that maybe anyone interested is acting a little prematurely.

I will say this.......did not mean to bash the kid, yet, from what I saw.....he was ALL they had. If he ever gets the opportunity to sit at tailback and read the few blocks he will get at TCA he will be able to shine a little brighter than at the QB position.

There are reasons that I am not a college football coach (or any coach for that matter).....I am sure they see something in this kid for the future that myself as a fan simply missed last Friday night.

All that being said..........I hope he does well.

I watched him and I believe he will be a DB In college. What I look at is does the kid have the freakish athletic ability to play in colege. To be honest I really don't pay that much to skill at that age.

He is an athelete, not arguing that..........he was just EXTREMLY thin in the lower body. Being on the focal point of that team at his age and size leaves

him vulnerable for the time being. Would like to see him have the chance to develope to full potential before being caught in the cross-hairs. Just got the feeling if he had taken the hit I saw one of the USJ players put on someone (could hear it in the parking lot)....it would have broke him in half.

Like I said.....I wish him all the luck.

He is an athelete, not arguing that..........he was just EXTREMLY thin in the lower body. Being on the focal point of that team at his age and size leaves

him vulnerable for the time being. Would like to see him have the chance to develope to full potential before being caught in the cross-hairs. Just got the feeling if he had taken the hit I saw one of the USJ players put on someone (could hear it in the parking lot)....it would have broke him in half.

I can certainly respect your opinion and everything you say. You make some good points. I think he will fill out in time, maybe like Jabari Greer (did I spell that right) type when he played for Southside. I like you wish him all the luck!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Lets all remember that he is still a sophomore and 15 years old. I dont think Jabari was any bigger than him as a sophomore. If you were at the USJ game, you saw that he is very athletic. You saw at the game that a lot of times he had to make something when absolutely nothing was there. Nobody thinks he will play QB in college, lets remember that his attention was garnered at the national recruiting combine in memphis where he won the WR division for his class. As far as him being hit, I do believe he had some pretty good hits himself (causing two fumbles last game), but you are right, hope to see him reach his full potential and not stopped due to injury. I think that we as spectators have added extra pressure to a young man that is trying to do what he can to help his team win.

Also, Buster Brown... there is no way you can think that recruiting doesn't go on before they are "seniors."