Morristown East vs. David Crockett

DavidCrockettFan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why is David Crockett High school so hard to find? I have been too the high school many times,

but I get lost on those back roads everytime."

It's easy! If you are coming up 11E from Morristown all you have to do is this:

Pass through Greeneville. Around 10-15 minutes after you pass Greeneville you will see the new middle school (Grandview) on the left. Pass it. About half a mile later you will see a red barn on the right. Take the next right directly after the red barn. That will put you on a curvy road. Stay on the curvy road until you get to the railroad tracks. There is a stop sign at the railroad tracks. You will pass over the railroad tracks and take a left. That road will lead you right to David Crockett High School. Easy. Lol

I've been hearing this week that the Morristown football radio friday night was calling Crockett the Squash Bug of the conference. Also saying you never know what you will be playing on when you come to David Crockett. Mud or a field.

"Why is David Crockett High school so hard to find? I have been too the high school many times,

but I get lost on those back roads everytime."

It's easy! If you are coming up 11E from Morristown all you have to do is this:

Pass through Greeneville. Around 10-15 minutes after you pass Greeneville you will see the new middle school (Grandview) on the left. Pass it. About half a mile later you will see a red barn on the right. Take the next right directly after the red barn. That will put you on a curvy road. Stay on the curvy road until you get to the railroad tracks. There is a stop sign at the railroad tracks. You will pass over the railroad tracks and take a left. That road will lead you right to David Crockett High School. Easy. Lol

I've been hearing this week that the Morristown football radio friday night was calling Crockett the Squash Bug of the conference. Also saying you never know what you will be playing on when you come to David Crockett. Mud or a field.

Good directions fan and I have never had a problem getting to and from Crockett. But a lot of people do. Usually it is after the game in the dark and people take the right fork rather than the left that takes you back to the railroad. track.

Good directions fan and I have never had a problem getting to and from Crockett. But a lot of people do. Usually it is after the game in the dark and people take the right fork rather than the left that takes you back to the railroad. track.

That is easy to do. When I was new in the area I found myself lost a few times. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It was even better to see Burke-Toney Field in the prestine condition it was in. It was much better than the scenery I had a year ago. The folks in Morristown deffinately have something to be proud of. Now if we can only get that pesky game clock to work!

What happened with WCRK..... they were the voice of the Canes for many years. I agree Burke-Toney is as fine as you will find for high school competition in this area. My son ran a 4.5 40 in high school but in the mud of the old field....well just wish i could have seen him in Hatchers offense on turf.

What happened with WCRK..... they were the voice of the Canes for many years. I agree Burke-Toney is as fine as you will find for high school competition in this area. My son ran a 4.5 40 in high school but in the mud of the old field....well just wish i could have seen him in Hatchers offense on turf.

First..agreed. Burke-Toney is one of the finest facilities in East Tennesee. As far as WCRK...they are still there. WCRK is still the voice of the Canes as they always have been.

There's another FM radio station out of Bean Station that comes in to do the games now, as well. Morristown West has the same situation. Personally, I always enjoy listening to those old AMs that have been there for years like, WCRK, WRGS (Cherokee) and WGRV (Greeneville) when I get them. WMTN is the home for the Trojans. Has the old throwback high school feeling to it. Plus the announcers know the programs well and are very informative.

First..agreed. Burke-Toney is one of the finest facilities in East Tennesee. As far as WCRK...they are still there. WCRK is still the voice of the Canes as they always have been.

There's another FM radio station out of Bean Station that comes in to do the games now, as well. Morristown West has the same situation. Personally, I always enjoy listening to those old AMs that have been there for years like, WCRK, WRGS (Cherokee) and WGRV (Greeneville) when I get them. WMTN is the home for the Trojans. Has the old throwback high school feeling to it. Plus the announcers know the programs well and are very informative.

It looks like a good night for a football game.

I hope it is an injury free game and we get a good breeze.

Good luck to both teams.

It is about time to head up your way with a stop off at "Fats"

for a little chow.

Go Canes !!

Good game both teams. Mr. Tee Howell #10 for East is a player. The young man had a hand in all 4 of East's touchdowns after sitting out the first half. I think if he didn't play tonight it might have been a different game.

Good job Crockett, get Sullivan East next week.

Tee also seems to have his priorities in order....or at least he did when I had him in class....unlike some very good Cane athletes in the past.

Tee also seems to have his priorities in order....or at least he did when I had him in class....unlike some very good Cane athletes in the past.

Tee and that whole junior class are just good young men. They all care about team more than themselves. Kelly,Helton,Johnson,Howell,Blanton,Clark and others are all good kids. I am very proud of all of them.