Pigeon Forge

BlueMachine

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still here, just more interested in coaching our Pee Wee team at the moment.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats been the case for years ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats been the case for years ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, all I can say is once this group of 8th graders that are there now get to high school I think we will be a much better HS program than we are now...That is provided if we can get some better assistant coaches at the HS...Every coach that we have had (reoccuring theme) have lost with the same set of coaches, maybe they should look there and look there soon..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well, all I can say is once this group of 8th graders that are there now get to high school I think we will be a much better HS program than we are now...That is provided if we can get some better assistant coaches at the HS...Every coach that we have had (reoccuring theme) have lost with the same set of coaches, maybe they should look there and look there soon..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They have said that since the school opened. Those 8th graders at the PFMS will not all go to Pigeon Forge High School. Some will go to GP and the good ones will go to Sevier County High School. Same thing for the last 7 years. Without ZONING, nothing will change and that aint gonna happen cause that would hurt GP. Lord knows that cant happen. I hope Pigeon Forge can turn it around. Great school, great Principal, great place to live. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know of quite a few changes that have happened with that staff. If you know so much about the game why are you coaching at the pee wee level? Maybe you are an okay coach, but it seems to me a fellow coach wouldn't be so quick to blame coaches for the problems of the world. As long as you have GP SCH and Seymour in the same county, your Tigers are going to stay somewhere around less than average. there's too many places for the talent to go. Its funny that you would lay all the blame on the assistants. Doesn't the ultimate say so come down to the head coach? Hammonds is a true blessing for that program, but I'm sure he'd admit that not every bad coaching decision belongs to the assistants. Here's an idea why don't you go to a HS practice and offer them your playbook. Provided its not too advanced for them!

I know of quite a few changes that have happened with that staff. If you know so much about the game why are you coaching at the pee wee level?

Now where did I say, that I knew tons about the game? However, to answer your question the reason that I choose to coach at the pee wee level is the fact that most of the kids play or have played baseball for me, attend the same church and I known their parents and have known them for several years. We also started coaching what is the 10 year old set of Tigers at the Grasscutter level and 4 of us have moved up each step with them. Now back to the high school, there have been some changes, but the core group is the same as it has been for years. I also know about the spreading of talent around the area schools, my senior year out of the 26 graduating seniors 16 would have been attending Pigeon Forge if the HS had been open. Lee is a great coach and was a real boost for our program, we will win some games this year and we will lose...The good news is that life goes on and football is everything that makes the world go around. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now where did I say, that I knew tons about the game? However, to answer your question the reason that I choose to coach at the pee wee level is the fact that most of the kids play or have played baseball for me, attend the same church and I known their parents and have known them for several years. We also started coaching what is the 10 year old set of Tigers at the Grasscutter level and 4 of us have moved up each step with them. Now back to the high school, there have been some changes, but the core group is the same as it has been for years. I also know about the spreading of talent around the area schools, my senior year out of the 26 graduating seniors 16 would have been attending Pigeon Forge if the HS had been open. Lee is a great coach and was a real boost for our program, we will win some games this year and we will lose...The good news is that life goes on and football is everything that makes the world go around. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I really hope the PF program does pick up and get going, but you should know that some folks in the forge don't want their kids to be coached. They want them petted. I'm sure Lee has had an easier time "coaching" than coaches past, due in large part to who he is. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. I think the only way that program will take off is someone like Lee. Give the assistants a lil' credit. This is not Blount county. GQ is not exactly knocking down any doors in our neck of the woods to be an assistant who is underpaid and definitely under appreciated.

I really hope the PF program does pick up and get going, but you should know that some folks in the forge don't want their kids to be coached. They want them petted. I'm sure Lee has had an easier time "coaching" than coaches past, due in large part to who he is. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. I think the only way that program will take off is someone like Lee. Give the assistants a lil' credit. This is not Blount county. GQ is not exactly knocking down any doors in our neck of the woods to be an assistant who is underpaid and definitely under appreciated.

Thank you Eagle I don't think most people know how dedicated most coaches and thier assistants are. Practice might end @ 5:00 or 6:00 for the players and some of the coaches but some are still watching game film and brainstorming @ 9:00 and later. And you can forget about some of them making it to a family get together during football season it rarely happens. There is always something to look at or work on to try to make the teams better or fix something that isn't working. Then you have parents who think its alright to scream @ coaches from the stands. I don't know about all the teams in the county but I do know about some of them and I know how much the Coaches and Assistants sacrifice for thier teams. Its what they choose to do and they love it.

I happen to know most of the coaches at PF and I can attest to the fact that they take all the losses much harder than the players and for MUCH longer. Most, if not all, are teachers. This means they start the job they actually get paid for at 7 and usually do not leave their mostly volunteer coaching jobs till 7 pm at the absolute earliest. That doesn't include staying at the school after a win or a loss and watching and breaking down the previous game film till the early morning hours, then spending all day Sunday breaking down film on the next opponent, then starting all over on Monday with the 7 to 7. I think everyone should invite these coaches to watch us at OUR jobs from a distance and tell how they could do it better and everything we are doing wrong. I never feel that very much blame should go on the players at this level, but you have to remember the coaches are not on the field and the players are the ones that have to execute!!!

Amen on that... some of the assistants at PF may be passionate about the game, and may put in many hours breaking down the film and such, but that doesnt take away the fact that for the most part they no idea of what they are doing. That coaching staff is a complete joke, have any of you ever actually talked to any of them?... they have maybe 2 coaches that hammonds should keep on his staff and if he wants to win he will get rid of the rest of em.

Who made the call at the end of the Cosby game to NOT down the ball? If it was an assistant or not the head coach should make that call and he didn't. That's a joke.

I agree with beefinthebox on how hard assistants and even head coaches work but its that way for ALL the schools. Those guys (and ladies) put in a ton of hours of hard work and get very little compesation for it.