Lookout Valley vs David Brainerd-who wins and why?

DB02

im sorry im just watching the film from what you did last year and thats what it looks like to me that you did a lot

why don't you enlighten me as to how I'm so incredibly wrong? and im still waiting on your response as to how in the world the double wing gives you more options mathematically than the spread? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Why are more options necessarily better? Small schools usually don't have the best athletes...why give those boys 40 options when they can't even perfect 5 options? I'd rather run 5 plays perfectly than have 100 plays in the playbook and be horrible running them all.

This "mathematical" argument is absurd. I could make up an offense right now with 500,000 plays but that doesn't mean it wouldn't stink.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are more options necessarily better? Small schools usually don't have the best athletes...why give those boys 40 options when they can't even perfect 5 options? I'd rather run 5 plays perfectly than have 100 plays in the playbook and be horrible running them all.

This "mathematical" argument is absurd. I could make up an offense right now with 500,000 plays but that doesn't mean it wouldn't stink.

how is it absurd? If you can run your base play and gain 5 yards and then you can run your base play and fake it and then hand it off to another guy and still get those same five yards, that's your offense which is good, but....the spread...with the athletes, which dbcs is not short on, it's lineman we don't have, I can run my base zone run play, then I can do a zone read where the QB reads the end and makes a decision, then I can run the Zone read option where my qb reads the end makes a decision and then has the option to pitch to the WR/RB in the slot, then I can fake the zone run and have my QB follow the TB up the middle as a lead running play, then I can fake the base zone play and pitch it to the Slotback who came in motion on the snap, then I can put my wide receiver in motion and run a reverse (gimmic play), then I can just straight up run a play-action pass....that was 7 option which executed correctly can keep the defense guessing for a whole game....and they all look the same to start off with....when you throw out incredibly huge numbers like "40" and "500,000" that's just absurd, I know as well as you do that having that many plays is more hurtful than helpful in high school....I didn't say 40 or 500.000 unless you want to talk pass plays, but running plays, I have 7, and I didn't even get into using my tailback as the direct snap receiver or using the slotback as a running back in split shotgun formation....give me a QB and a TB and a SB who can run those 7 plays and I can have you guessing all game

how is it absurd? If you can run your base play and gain 5 yards and then you can run your base play and fake it and then hand it off to another guy and still get those same five yards, that's your offense which is good, but....the spread...with the athletes, which dbcs is not short on, it's lineman we don't have, I can run my base zone run play, then I can do a zone read where the QB reads the end and makes a decision, then I can run the Zone read option where my qb reads the end makes a decision and then has the option to pitch to the WR/RB in the slot, then I can fake the zone run and have my QB follow the TB up the middle as a lead running play, then I can fake the base zone play and pitch it to the Slotback who came in motion on the snap, then I can put my wide receiver in motion and run a reverse (gimmic play), then I can just straight up run a play-action pass....that was 7 option which executed correctly can keep the defense guessing for a whole game....and they all look the same to start off with....when you throw out incredibly huge numbers like "40" and "500,000" that's just absurd, I know as well as you do that having that many plays is more hurtful than helpful in high school....I didn't say 40 or 500.000 unless you want to talk pass plays, but running plays, I have 7, and I didn't even get into using my tailback as the direct snap receiver or using the slotback as a running back in split shotgun formation....give me a QB and a TB and a SB who can run those 7 plays and I can have you guessing all game

You don't think being "short on linemen" is a good reason to NOT run the spread?