Wilson Central v Hendersonville

play4keeps

Wilson Central hosted Hendersonville tonight and swept them 25-10, 25-17, 25-14. I will edit this post with the stats tomorrow.

edited 9/5 to add stats:

C. Ferron: 17 assists, 5 kills, 3 aces and 2 digs

A. Wiseman: 6 aces, 5 kills, a dig

K. Madewell: 6 kills, 3 aces and 2 blocks

G. Locke: 6 kills, 2 aces

K. Baker: 4 kills, 3 aces

M. England: 2 aces, 2 digs

Mrs. play4keeps,

I certainly will be thinking of all of you in Wilson Co. the next few days as your County Commission decides what to do about your sports programs. I think it's ridiculous that these budget woes 'sneak up' on them. Then they seem to play 'games' themselves with our young people (Sumner Co. had the same money management problem and so did the larger publicized Cumberland Co. school system).

Even though it's a small thing when compared to a lot of our political and social problems in this world, I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you since you're so passionate about your school and team. To us sports lovers it's a big deal.

Godspeed, ma'am.

Mrs. play4keeps,

I certainly will be thinking of all of you in Wilson Co. the next few days as your County Commission decides what to do about your sports programs. I think it's ridiculous that these budget woes 'sneak up' on them. Then they seem to play 'games' themselves with our young people (Sumner Co. had the same money management problem and so did the larger publicized Cumberland Co. school system).

Even though it's a small thing when compared to a lot of our political and social problems in this world, I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you since you're so passionate about your school and team. To us sports lovers it's a big deal.

Godspeed, ma'am.

Thanks for your kind words. I have been involved in Wilson County sports for many, many years and it just kills me to think that the school board and county commission can hold our children hostage -- basically they are saying "I get my way" or your children are hurt. It's unconscionable and I am disgusted.

I can assure you though, parents, teachers, coaches and students are fired up and organized /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />