Siegel wins 3-0 over Oakland

PHargis

Siegel downed a very pesky and much improved Oakland team tonite 25-17, 25-18, 26-24. The match was closer than the score and Oakland with their new coach not only motivated the Oakland team but the team seem to respond to the many moves he tried. This effort from Oakland was much different than their team last year.

While i don't have names of oakland players, their Setter played very good and their outside played well also.

Siegel was led by Katy Horencamp, and the other outside and their middle. The Libero, Kristen Cantrell was a wall in back court as was Byrna Hoffman. This was a defensive effort leading up to some great matches next week.

Thank You for the kind words. We wanted to come out and play Siegel very aggressively and force them into some mistakes. They are an excellent volleyball team and a very good measuring stick for our progress. Hopefully we can make it a little more interesting the next go around.

Coach, since we talked briefly after the match, you took over the team very likely in july, august and didn't have any summer work. What do you attribute the evident change in your team over what we saw the past two years and could you tell us the names of your setter who looked very good and your outside?

I took over at the end of June, so I had July to get them ready. The biggest changes I have tried to make are to speed up the offense and put a greater emphasis on playing smart. We constantly preach limiting the unforced errors and measure them against our points earned. It is still a work in progress and I feel we can play much better than we are now. Perhaps the biggest difference from last year is they feel like they can win against any team. The setter is Lauren Duarte and the OH is Sarah Fraser.

I took over at the end of June, so I had July to get them ready. The biggest changes I have tried to make are to speed up the offense and put a greater emphasis on playing smart. We constantly preach limiting the unforced errors and measure them against our points earned. It is still a work in progress and I feel we can play much better than we are now. Perhaps the biggest difference from last year is they feel like they can win against any team. The setter is Lauren Duarte and the OH is Sarah Fraser.

We did notice that but Oakland was so much better and seemed to begin feeling they could win and were definitely more focused and did affirm many times with a head shake they knew what they were supposed to do. We look forward to watching and keeping up with the Pats and good luck with the progress of the Team. This has been a Conversation with the Head Coach of Oakland.