Wilson Central 2 Livingston Academy 0

Big Poppa 17

I was at the game and she was never swarmed. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I was at the game also, and she was ALWAYS swarmed.

Rarely if ever was she even doubled teamed /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> you must have been watching a different player

Wilson County is not exactly a hot bed for Soccer and only 1 player on this team plays "club" ball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There is more than 1 player on that team that plays club, can we say "Brentwood".

Soccer is simply a seconday sport if that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> So not true You are surrounded by big clubs

I am from the area and had to correct the misconceptions and illisions set forth. I was at this game. The redhead played to the best of her abilities and so did ALL the other girls, but when their is an exceptional player on the field, there should be RESPECT shown, not Jealousy, especially from the parents, after all thats where the kids learn it from. No matter how much you want to downgrade another player by boosting your own children. Facts are Facts--Just simply answer the following which player in the whole state of Tennessee is on the National Team? Which Player in the state of Tennessee is on the REGIONAL Team? this did not happen by luck. That player has EARNED the respect!!

Please do not think that all of Wilson Central thinks like that parent. We don't.....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played at Carson Newman and coached later at Tusculum. There was a goal keeper there by the name of Scott Hoffman who I know is coaching high school in TN. He was at Tusculum while I was there, and a team mate of his (Alan Vital) is now the head coach at Carson Newman, so it might be the reason you went there to camp. I am fairly sure it is him, but I could be wrong. Not trying to argue with you, just curious to see if it was my friend from Tusculum. Either way, if it is or not, he will still be in our prayers. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

It's quite likely is him. I got my info from my 15 year who's on the team and you know how that can go. I know he and Carson Newman's coach were friends and Coach Hoffman assited him with the camp. Coach was released from the Hospital on Friday and is home now. He need's to follow Doctor's orders which he says is difficult for him but he truly understands how fortunate he's been with this infection and how close of a call he had. I spoke to him today and he's in a lot less pain and hanging in there but still impatient and chomping at the bit to get back with the girls. We have a "big" game at Beech on Tuesday and he wants to be there very badly but it would be best if he stays away (listen's to his doctor) as there are plenty of games to go. Thanks for your prayers.

I played at Carson Newman and coached later at Tusculum. There was a goal keeper there by the name of Scott Hoffman who I know is coaching high school in TN. He was at Tusculum while I was there, and a team mate of his (Alan Vital) is now the head coach at Carson Newman, so it might be the reason you went there to camp. I am fairly sure it is him, but I could be wrong. Not trying to argue with you, just curious to see if it was my friend from Tusculum. Either way, if it is or not, he will still be in our prayers. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

You are probably correct as I got my info from my 15 year old daughter. Coach is back home now having been released from the Hospital on Friday. He had a very close call and is anxious to get back on the field although according to him he's not supposed to yet. We've got a game at Beech Tuesday and he's anxious to be with the girls but knows he should'nt be. Keep him in your prayers as he continues his recovery. Thanks.

Ever hear the term "one man can't do it all" thats why its called a TEAM. the redhead wasnt really that good, I hear Kat was sick that day with a sinus infection. That's what my "college coach" friends tell me . They werent impressed with the redhead

I never said only one player can do it all - all I meant was LA would not be the team they are if Kat didn't play for LA. I am not downgrading other LA players, because I know that small rural counties have it tough when trying to compete against schools with more students with soccer experience. Facts are facts - Kat has worked harder on her skills than any player I have ever been around - period.

By the way if you want to know where Kat learned a lot of her skills - it is a man named AR Richardson - even those amazing chips mentioned earlier. Kat would be the first person to give him the credit for what she knows. All she did was put in endless hours of practice during her sessions with AR over the last 4 years.

I am proud of Kat for making the U15 National team as a representative of TN.

I certainly don't know Kat's work habits, but I think it is arrogant to think that she works harder than 100% of the players in Tennessee. She is probably where she is today because of three things -- her natural ability, her work ethic, and luck/opportunity. There are probably many who have as much talent, and many (but not necessarily the same ones) who work as hard or harder. There are always people who have the gift, but don't have the drive to develop that gift. There are also many people who don't necessarily have any great gift, but give 150%, and are great to have on any team because they leave it all on the field. The issue of luck or opportunity? There are probably great players, who during the one real "shot", had a bad day, didn't feel well, etc. We can celebrate Kat's pulling all three of these together, and wish her well. Just be careful that in promoting one player, it isn't done at the expense of putting down others.

I certainly don't know Kat's work habits, but I think it is arrogant to think that she works harder than 100% of the players in Tennessee. She is probably where she is today because of three thinks -- her natural ability, her work ethic, and luck/opportunity. There are probably many who have as much talent, and many (but not necessarily the same ones) who work as hard or harder. There are always people who have the gift, but don't have the drive to develop that gift. There are also many people who don't necessarily have any great gift, but give 150%, and are great to have on any team because they leave it all on the field. The issue of luck or opportunity? There are probably great players, who during the one real "shot", had a bad day, didn't feel well, etc. We can celebrate Kat's pulling all three of these together, and wish her well. Just people careful that in promoting one player, it isn't don't at the expense of putting down others.

The other factor that you have not included is parental support. If a girl has the ability, work ethic and desire but her parent is unwilling or unable to see that she has the opportunities (such as a strong select team, good camps and ODP participation) that she needs to excel, her talent may not be fully realized. Kat obviously had the parental support that other talented and hard working young ladies did not have.

The other factor that you have not included is parental support. If a girl has the ability, work ethic and desire but her parent is unwilling or unable to see that she has the opportunities (such as a strong select team, good camps and ODP participation) that she needs to excel, her talent may not be fully realized. Kat obviously had the parental support that other talented and hard working young ladies did not have.

I agree. That becomes even more important when you have to drive a distance to participate in your "local" club team. Another factor, also then, is $$$. Soccer, for the most part, is a pay-as-you-go sport, and most of those players who can afford to play school ball, club ball, ODP, and all the travel that goes with it takes some $$$. I know it is possible raise some of this money, but money is a factor.

You forgot jealousy, envy and small-minded....the group here who is critiquing this player.

A young lady devotes herself to something she loves and has a natural talent for. You question her work ethic without knowing what sacrifice she may have endured in exchange? You attribute a portion of this to luck? Diminish this gift because her parents have decided to support their daughter's passion?

This was perhaps the most petty topic of a post I have read on Coach T.

You forgot jealousy, envy and small-minded....the group here who is critiquing this player.

A young lady devotes herself to something she loves and has a natural talent for. You question her work ethic without knowing what sacrifice she may have endured in exchange? You attribute a portion of this to luck? Diminish this gift because her parents have decided to support their daughter's passion?

This was perhaps the most petty topic of a post I have read on Coach T.

Good to see you are offering your uplifting, bright, enthusiastic words of wisdom on this Sunday morning where many are thankful for the successes of the past week. Or cursing Wall Street. Many are thankful that the injuries their daughters received will not hinder their playing time greatly, other pray they heal quickly and play again.

There are many, many great players out their and far more almost great players. So, given the talent, it is about the breaks. Some you make yourself and some are because you are in the right place at the right time. I don' t know the young lady and am proud of her as every player and parent should be. There might be a couple more equally as skilled or on the road to her level, they just haven't been discovered as yet. It sounds as she in a major force on her HS team, what would that picture be if 3 or 4 of those almost great players shared the field with her? I understand she played we recently in CA and that level is where she will show us all what she's got.

Many great players don't do ODP or play in college, but they were and are great players. Soccer will not be their life, but they many save lives and discover cures. That's their talent and work ethic. Don't we envy them as well.

Most players at this level decline to play prep soccer. The reasons are many, but this is one of them.

People can be mean. My skin is thick, I don't have a problem with it. But to target a young lady in high school?

I certainly didn't intent to target the girl herself, only the people who might say that she is the best because she works harder than anyone else. It's not her saying this (I believe), or even her parents, but rather others. My comments were of a more general nature.

As far as declining to play prep soccer, some do. I saw a recent article that profiled the girls on the national team. If I remember correctly, only 1 wasn't also playing prep ball.