What should Greenfield expect from Halls

volfan007

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell us what Halls is like? We'd especially like to hear from you Gleason fans, since you have seen both teams already.

Well, GC played Halls in week 0 and we dominated them from start to finish. We finished the game with 422 rushing yards so that speaks for itself. Greenfield has a good enough RB to be able to have a big game on them. Their Defense really isn't that good. As for the Halls Offense, they'll be running the spread. Watch out for their QB because he might be the best QB you'll face all year, however he likes to only throw it to one person and you'll notice that as soon as ya'll start playing. He'll take the ball and run as well if needed. Greenfield will pull this game out and I really don't see it being too close. I'll take Greenfield in this one.

Greenfield - 41

Halls - 20

But, didnt Halls barely get beat by Fayette Academy? Or, was it someone else? I thought they played tough with a traditionally good, single A team...didnt they? And, they beat Gleason. So, they must be pretty good. I'm telling ya fellas, Gleason has a good team. If they can keep their heads up and keep playing ball in the face of an 0-3 start, they could still win a lot of games this year. That 0-3 start is barely getting beat by each team, and they have a lot of speed. But anyway, Halls beat Gleason. So, yall still think that Greenfield will win this one going away???

I'd still be interested to hear from the Gleason fans.

But, didnt Halls barely get beat by Fayette Academy? Or, was it someone else? I thought they played tough with a traditionally good, single A team...didnt they? And, they beat Gleason. So, they must be pretty good. I'm telling ya fellas, Gleason has a good team. If they can keep their heads up and keep playing ball in the face of an 0-3 start, they could still win a lot of games this year. That 0-3 start is barely getting beat by each team, and they have a lot of speed. But anyway, Halls beat Gleason. So, yall still think that Greenfield will win this one going away???

I'd still be interested to hear from the Gleason fans.

Yes, Halls did barely get beat by Fayette Acad. whom is usually a 1A power. However, this year Fayette Acad. is down from what I saw against JCS. We used to scrimmage Fayette Acad. back when I played and they were alot better then than they are now. Fayette Acad. will win a couple of more games but from what I saw against JCS they were down compared to years past. I still think Greenfield wins this game and if they don't I'll be very surprised and will go as far as it being upset city.

I'm a Halls fan and can give you guys the scoop.

We dug a huge hole against Fayette Academy on Friday...14-0 at the half and 20-0 in the third. With that said, we had a dropped pass in the end zone on our opening drive and then another in the second quarter. Halls should have been tied at the least at the break but dropped passes were huge. We were 4-of-18 in the first half and of those 14 incompletions, I'd say 10 were drops that SHOULD have been caught.

We did throw to one guy primarily against Gibson County, but that was a false front. We are throwing the ball to just about anybody that isn't a lineman since we got into Class A ball. Four guys caught passes on Friday at FA and another two had dropped passes. Two of the kids who caught passes at Gleason didn't get one this week and one of those guys caught 3 TDs against the Bulldogs.

We were unstoppable in the second half against the Vikings. After falling behind 20-0 we ran off three straight scoring drives to pull within five: 26-21. Fayette then went on a drive that lasted over six minutes eating up all the time and our timeouts and got a touchdown that widened the gap with about a minute left, 33-21 final.

Defensively, we are getting pounded. Gibson ran for 450 and then we held Gleason to 270. We allowed 500 on the ground against the Vikings on Friday. Most of those yards were plays where we had them stopped in the backfield and then they slipped the tackle and broke it for huge yardage (83. 41, 54, 46). That's over 200 yards on just those four runs. You can ask the Gleason fans...we are very good when we have our backs to the wall. If we don't slip up and allow a big letdown play, we are tough to get past in the red zone. I know it may sound stupid when the other team gets 500 yards rushing, but did a good job of keeping both Gleason and Fayette out of the end zone when they had the ball inside our 30.

As bad as our running D is, we should have won at Fayette Academy by two touchdowns. I'm serious. Just too many dropped balls in the first half and two that were sure-fire scores.

See you Jackets on Friday!!! It should be another good one as it was in Halls last year (22-14 Greenfield) but with a bunch more points on the board.

I feel good about this game. Its at home and Greenfield is getting better with each game. Greenfield's defense should give Halls problems. Ty Smithson is playing well at quarterback and starting to feel comfortable. Just throw it up and Daniel Ricketts will catch it. I feel good about our running back combination of Ty Dunning and Chase McMullen so I'll pick Greenfield 24, Halls 12.