Soddy Daisy vs. Rhea County

someone who knows the truth. thats prolly about my biggest complaint. walt aint even certified to be a teacher by state law. as a person said its not what you know but who you know. his uncle is the principal so yeah...

with all that said i am NOT against the coaching staff at RCHS. i think they do a good job. i just didn't want mike to get bashed!! I don't care if one of the middle school coaches came up and was oc i would still support my eagles!!!! and sorry his brother-in-law the principle is one of my favorite people on this earth. Anyway to the game friday night, i hope the boys bow their necks and put it to soddy. they can do it!!! We all can voice our opinion, but the problem with doing so is that the kids hear it and they don't buy in to the coaching staff and that is a mixture for disaster. I just want the best for RCHS, whoever and whatever that it takes!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL walt couldn't even cut it in college, when Mike excelled in college and GRADUATED AND NOW HAS A MASTERS DEGREE... where did walt graduate from?????????? lol oh and by the way Mike PLAYED in the OLYMPICS for team USA in baseball. Mike would do alot of things for that team and those kids!!! including make them into MEN. Mike is the best oc in the county, but it isnt about that here!!!

Lets see Coach Cameron graduated from Middle Tennessee. That is way to bold to say the best in the country. I got nothing against Mike, infact I like Mike alot, but the is fact he was the offensive coordinator and he stepped down. Honestly I wish he would have stayed on. I agree he would be a great addition to this team but he dosn't want to coach right now.

We all can voice our opinion, but the problem with doing so is that the kids hear it and they don't buy in to the coaching staff and that is a mixture for disaster. I just want the best for RCHS, whoever and whatever that it takes!!!!!!!!!

Then WHY bash the coaches if everyone knows it is only going to cause problems? I know several players read this board and some players just laugh and ignore this stuff out here. Because they know better than to listen to people out here.

those stats dont mean a thing. they were against a weak cumberland team and weak hixson team. soddy daisy will prolly win big. soddy actually has a guy who knows what he is doing running the spread. donovan white and bubba haney are big playmakers for soddy. white catches just about everything and haney is a speedster that does it all.

Well it isn't exactly like Soddy played world beaters either.Lets see they have wins over A WAY DOWN Red Bank team and that even took Red Bank's starters cramping up before soddy did anything, and a very weak William Blunt team. Soddy has nothing on this team.

Well it isn't exactly like Soddy played world beaters either.Lets see they have wins over A WAY DOWN Red Bank team and that even took Red Bank's starters cramping up before soddy did anything, and a very weak William Blunt team. Soddy has nothing on this team.

Hey our boys in green and gold can do it!!! All we herd my senior year in high school was that soddy was gonna come in our house and beat us to a pulp, at the end of the game the score was 28-14. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I would like to say that's a very nice post. You obviously have some knowledge about what you're talking about and not just throw out random facts that don't make sense while calling people stupid. It's true that there's always gonna be what Johnnie Majors called "the legions of the miserable." I myself used to be a Fitzgerald supporter in the pre-Hamontree days, and let me remind you that the main reason he was replaced by Hamontree was the lack of discipline. (namely the "Back Valley Brawl" after the Cleveland game.) It was clear to me that the team was out of control when you have coaches throwing punches after the game. I was very excited with the return of Hamontree, and hoped he could bring us back to prominence, and I believe, if he would have planned on staying, and received the administrative support he needed, he could have.

I was still cautiously optimistic going into the 2006 season when Fitzgerald took back the reigns, and after a decent 8-4 season (that was their record right?) I was still fairly confident in their ability to coach. Last year ruined that for me. In my opinion it was a terrible coaching performance. From yanking Swafford after a 3-1 start, to various other players who were playing in the wrong position, to letting roberts get injured in that Walker Valley blowout, to having to sit and listen to players swear on the sidelines. I was talking with a former player after the Maryville game last year down on the field just telling him he played well. It struck me as strange that he didn't seem to be upset or anything, but then he told me, and I quote, "well none of us really expected to win, we all knew we had just as good of athletes as them, but the team has no faith in the coaches..." Now I don't expect our coaching staff to be like Quarles and have that unbelievable amount of success, but I do expect them to be able to inspire their players and make them believe. I want some coach to come in who makes the players believe, makes me believe, makes this whole county believe again.....and whether that happens or not, I'll be up in the stands every Friday night yelling for my boys!

ok this 8-4 record you speak of in 06 .. we lost to Ootelwah the first game they were semi finalists in 5A they were ranked number 1 all year, we lost to McMinn who was ranked in the top 4 with the best or one of the best running backs in the state that year and they finished deep in the playoffs, lost to red bank who was in the top 5 in 4A all year and lost to Maryville in the 3rd round of the playoffs and lost to Maryville 06 the eventuall State Champs im so sick of here how pathetic the 06 team was that team was incredible we lost 4 games to 4 teams who were in the top of their division and the state the 2006 team was a phenomenal team and the coaching was great i dont see how you can say that year was bad you fans who think you no everything all you care about is the record and score you have to look at the game the execution of players the situations instead of o we lost, the coaches must be garbage. So stop talking about how pathetic the coaches are until you get on the sideline and create an offense learn to call it against a defense and call a defense to defend an offense. its not just a game of x's and o's the coaches could call a perfect defense and the players could just not execute the play and get scored on.. not that this happens all the time but the coaches call the plays to put the players in position to make a play they can call plays perfect all night and that is all they can do the players play its a game so why dont we let the players play the coaches coach the officials officiate and the fans cheer on there team the players arent gonna play well when all they here is the fans hate the coaches how about some support thats what the boys need thats whaat you are in the crowd for if thats not why your there go home we dont need you and thats all i have to say about that

LOL walt couldn't even cut it in college, when Mike excelled in college and GRADUATED AND NOW HAS A MASTERS DEGREE... where did walt graduate from?????????? lol oh and by the way Mike PLAYED in the OLYMPICS for team USA in baseball. Mike would do alot of things for that team and those kids!!! including make them into MEN. Mike is the best oc in the county, but it isnt about that here!!!

answer me this what in the world does being an Olympic Baseball player have to do with football? I mean congrats have a cookie way to go. But if that is your reason why he is a good O.C then you need to crawl in a hole and never talk again I've heard a lot of lame reasons that people are good or bad coaches but I mean come on. Lets look at this more in depth. (Olympic Baseball: Small Round Ball, 4 bases, a bat, and gloves,) (Football: A large melon shapped ball, full pads, goal posts, and a hundred yards of blood sweat and tears) the only things alike that i see are o wait nothing go figure good point Jackets52 NOT wake up and smell the coffee you have no idea what your talking about

I am very happy to report tonight that my very good and very big friend Mr. Josh Walker (RG 6'5 295) has given his commitment to play at Middle Tennessee State! Congradulations Josh! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is AWSOME Josh is a great kid!!!! i have know him since he was 6 years old. He has a wonderful family and i am soooo excited for them, i know they are very proud of him in this.

ok this 8-4 record you speak of in 06 .. we lost to Ootelwah the first game they were semi finalists in 5A they were ranked number 1 all year, we lost to McMinn who was ranked in the top 4 with the best or one of the best running backs in the state that year and they finished deep in the playoffs, lost to red bank who was in the top 5 in 4A all year and lost to Maryville in the 3rd round of the playoffs and lost to Maryville 06 the eventuall State Champs im so sick of here how pathetic the 06 team was that team was incredible we lost 4 games to 4 teams who were in the top of their division and the state the 2006 team was a phenomenal team and the coaching was great i dont see how you can say that year was bad you fans who think you no everything all you care about is the record and score you have to look at the game the execution of players the situations instead of o we lost, the coaches must be garbage. So stop talking about how pathetic the coaches are until you get on the sideline and create an offense learn to call it against a defense and call a defense to defend an offense. its not just a game of x's and o's the coaches could call a perfect defense and the players could just not execute the play and get scored on.. not that this happens all the time but the coaches call the plays to put the players in position to make a play they can call plays perfect all night and that is all they can do the players play its a game so why dont we let the players play the coaches coach the officials officiate and the fans cheer on there team the players arent gonna play well when all they here is the fans hate the coaches how about some support thats what the boys need thats whaat you are in the crowd for if thats not why your there go home we dont need you and thats all i have to say about that

That hurt me to read it because I don't know that any single part of it was coherent. I aint't heard anyone on here criticize the 06 team. I said running the 3 front against McMinn was stupid, which it was and anyone who has ever watch a game of football could have told you that, thats all I said. That team was a good team. The only bright spot over the past few years. What I did say was that last year is the year that changed my opinion. That team had 4 players that will go D1 (MaCleroy, Revis, Walker, Davis) plus J. Sharp and Chris who both signed scholarships. I also assume that Finch, AJ, and Moffet will get some sort of scholarship offers before their time is up. Thats 9 scholarship players, and what was our record? 6-5. Pitiful. How many D1 players did that (much more talented than us, according to that one guy) Cleveland team have? What about Red Bank? 1?

As for the OC position, everyone knows Kinney is a better coach. Everyone also knows too that Hamontree went to Jerry Levengood to try to get Walt fired and Jerry just laughed at him. The bottom line is that this staff is there for as long as they want to be...so be ready for more of the same.

That team had 4 players that will go D1 (MaCleroy, Revis, Walker, Davis) plus J. Sharp and Chris who both signed scholarships. I also assume that Finch, AJ, and Moffet will get some sort of scholarship offers before their time is up. Thats 9 scholarship players, and what was our record? 6-5. Pitiful. How many D1 players did that (much more talented than us, according to that one guy) Cleveland team have? What about Red Bank? 1?

Cleveland surprisingly not to many. Now after this year there will be alot, because Cleveland is loaded this year. The players that signed are Justin Berry Cumberland and Dominique Macon Bethel.

Red Bank on the other hand has plenty of D-I players. Just that I remember Ta Ta Caldwell, Trace Sims, Dominique McDuffie, The Chambers, Tim Benford, and even though he didn't sign D-1 but Jake Ledbetter. I know I'm forgetting a few others who went to smaller colleges. I will be honest I love watching Dominique McDuffie now since he plays for my App State. It's great when your school gets a player like him. He has been a force to be reckon with so far.

It kills me that A.J. isn't getting more offers or looks from bigger school than what he has. Moffett alot of the big school want to see how his knee is before they pull the trigger. I wish Marshall would pull the trigger. Moffett would be a great fit there.

Now as for Finch and couple of other juniors I see some signees out of that class before it is all said and done.

Omniscient Cam:

Is Moffett still getting letters from Georgia Tech? I remember hearing that he was receiving letters from them as early as the end of his sophomore year. Jacob is a great young man, both on and off the field. It would be nice if he went somewhere like GT, or Marshall as you mentioned. Please keep us posted on what offers Moffett gets as the year progresses. And we hope the MCL holds up on him, he is very fun to watch.

Good luck tonight Green and Gold. Give them Trojans, well you know...