Tell me people Central or Sequoyah

sportsman88

Eric Sloan (Cali) has been there a while. Best thing to do now is move on and quit complaining about the officials. They have bad days too! Sequoyah played with heart and passion and will win some games down the road. Charger Nation needs to go back and read some of our posts and see what folks are saying about us being arrogant. We can win with class, that is told to the team on a daily basis, Act like you been there! Good Luck Sequoyah..... On to Notre Dame!!

classy post "DUDE" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Good to talk to you again the other night.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DR DAVE

First Glad to meet you in person. I was with elhosel Friday night (not Wrecking Crew). I will state again that the Chiefs should stick to the Double Wing. Nobody in our region runs the veer option. The offense also lends itself to some wing-t stuff too. As the famous line says in Remember the Titans "it is like novacaine, give it time it always works". The downside to the veer is when you get behind. It is a tough offense to use to make a comeback. I was very impressed with the QB play, both guys did very well. Thought that the fact that so many kids played on everything hurt the Chiefs some late in the game. The passing game was effective to a point but not having a vertical game makes comebacks difficult. The screen call was excellant and the Chargers will see more passes attacking the flat and screens. I hope the Chiefs can rise back to the same level of play at Norte Dame. All Charger fans are Chief fans the rest of the year!

Sorry about that man! Like I said maturity can bring some bad things with it /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Yeah having to go both ways for most of the team gased them bad. Down on the goal line Central did a good job and the Chiefs were playing on sheer guts at that point. Your right on the money with the veer and midline. You have to be patient, because you just can't defend it correctly play after play, you will eventually get some big chunks. They have improved the pass game. I just wish we would stick with running it more and use the play action to throw it more. It is just hard for us to stretch the field. Flood zones to where somebody has got to be wrong. Most teams we play don't man up they might play a little man under but mostly zone. I hope you guys good health and much success. I have many patients that are great Charger fans,several players and they are all great kids. Central has much to be proud of.

I dont what game alot of sequoyah fans were watching but we scored 28 points, there was at least two other touchdowns called back on bs calls about blocks in the back.. I was on the sidelines too and saw everything like the refs sapposively did? he called it from 40 yards away how do you do that? He throws a flag on central for being too far over the yellow line on the sidelines well seqoyah's team was on the field and their coach walked out onto the field in the middle of a play screaming at the refs? once again ? I dont think sequoyah fans understand that if we had had some real refs not refs who year after year? im talkin at least four years back have tryed their darnest to call everything on us? I mean seriously.. It was so obvious I dont know how sequoyah could not see it? And as long as im going on, for all of you who try to make central out to be this bad team who cant make it through playoffs, look at yourselves? Everyother team in region 3-3a got slaughtered, we got beat in the last few minutes of the game. Central is twice as powerful, defense and offense this year with many new transfers who complete us even more overall. Complain all they want even with 160 yards of penalties central dominated that game along with beating loudon in the opener and meigs co. 55-0 which is ranked fourth in our region. Im not for a second downing howard or polk, i think they will be good games. But in the end central is the dominating powerhouse this year and i think people should just except it. We all have our years, this is centrals.. Coach Derrick has done a great job turning the program around..

Geeze, same refs worked the game last year at Central, so dont go there. Good teams will learn from their mistakes and then they will be great teams. Good Luck Chargers and GO CHIEFS!!

Nice? That was mature.. If you would have read you would have seen ive been out for quite some time.. Im just as bias as the next, i work with footage from a ton of different schools.. I tell it as i see it..

I too work with footage and in my film you can see many holds and the block in the back on one of the called back TD's is very clear and in front of a ref! There was even a Central player in the frame that seen the block and threw up his hands in disgust before the flag even came out! Now if you choose not to believe me I will be glad to cut that clip from the game tape and send it to you. The penalties were one sided but there is a reason for that. Central committed more penalties than Sequoyah did. While cutting up the film I seen two holding calls and probably one personal foul that did not get called on Sequoyah. On the other hand I seen two holding calls and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that didn't get called on Central.

The game could have been much worse but it looked like your coach wanted to work on some things and he stuck to that. Central is a very good team and in my opinion could make a bid for the state title but they have to play smart and correct some things and I'm sure your coach seen that.

I thought our kids played well. We still have work to do but the boys were determined to make a game of it and they did. We contained thier speed for the most part and that in itself was an accomplishment. We played hard and are getting better on both sides of the ball. Our team grew up alot that night and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Good Luck to you Central and I for one am pulling for you to make noise in the playoffs. Chiefs practice hard this week and get ready to take on the Irish. Should be a great game.

GO CHIEFS !!!