Gibbs at Halls

fairplay2121

They have beat us what 1 or 2 times in the last 50 years. This Friday aint gonna be the third time either. Sory about the double quote thing.

It was 2 times, the last being in 1992. Gibbs was 10-2 and went to 2nd round of playoffs. For us back then, it was the equivilent of Appalachia State over Michigan or maybe bigger. Glad to see the program move in a different direction after so many years of futility. Maybe they get back on track and compete in the upcoming years, and maybe pull of win #3 for the next 20 years. Good luck to both teams, and maybe Halls can get another shot at Maryville in the playoffs.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said it best earlier when they commented that they didn't know if Coach Williams was the right fit as off.cord. Well now that Coach Ward has been at practice for the last 2 weeks, you will see the offense continually show improvement. I have nothing against the little fellar, but he ain't Coach Ward. If Coach Ward has shown up the week of the Sevier Co game we would have won that one., Let Coach Williams hold a clip board or relay the calls to the rest of the coaches, better yet put him in the pressbox so he can see the field and how things are operating from above.

I.ll give my thought,s for the week.First off,I do think our offense has a good front line,but we need some work on pass blocking.I really have not seen our QB get much time to deliver the ball.I agree that #23 Waggoner is our most durable all purpose back.As for the one wandering about#37Bright being on the field,mabey you should check your stats,he leads the team in tackles.Asfar as the Gibbs game,I feel we will come out on top but our boy's need to go ready to play.We need to open strong,work some on our passing game,then get some time for some more players.

I.ll give my thought,s for the week.First off,I do think our offense has a good front line,but we need some work on pass blocking.I really have not seen our QB get much time to deliver the ball.I agree that #23 Waggoner is our most durable all purpose back.As for the one wandering about#37Bright being on the field,mabey you should check your stats,he leads the team in tackles.Asfar as the Gibbs game,I feel we will come out on top but our boy's need to go ready to play.We need to open strong,work some on our passing game,then get some time for some more players.

You make some great observations Deablo. The O-line is very strong. They appear to get better every game. Don't always assume that the QB is being pressured because of the line either. Sometimes it may be due to the backs not picking up the right guy on a blitz. However, I have not seen much in the way of drop back passing. The few passes we have thrown have been mainly screens or roll-outs.

#37 (IMO) is a slightly undersized junior that is playing hard. We have been hit hard with injuries and I have no reason to believe that he is not giving his best or that anyone behind him could do better. He is second in tackles behind #21 according to the paper. The troubling fact is that the first 3 or 4 tacklers on our team are DB's. It is usually not a good thing to have DB's leading in tackles. However, I think this may be due to the fact that our D-line is strong and most teams run outside against us.

If Halls comes out and takes care of business, I see the game...

Halls 42

Gibbs 7

...with lots of young guys getting in the game.

Halls again needs to work on not giving up BIG plays.

You make some great observations Deablo. The O-line is very strong. They appear to get better every game. Don't always assume that the QB is being pressured because of the line either. Sometimes it may be due to the backs not picking up the right guy on a blitz. However, I have not seen much in the way of drop back passing. The few passes we have thrown have been mainly screens or roll-outs.

#37 (IMO) is a slightly undersized junior that is playing hard. We have been hit hard with injuries and I have no reason to believe that he is not giving his best or that anyone behind him could do better. He is second in tackles behind #21 according to the paper. The troubling fact is that the first 3 or 4 tacklers on our team are DB's. It is usually not a good thing to have DB's leading in tackles. However, I think this may be due to the fact that our D-line is strong and most teams run outside against us.

If Halls comes out and takes care of business, I see the game...

Halls 42

Gibbs 7

...with lots of young guys getting in the game.

Halls again needs to work on not giving up BIG plays.

Could # of tackles not also be because there is depth at the DL and LB position, but not at the DB position, so the DBs don't have tackles to share around really like the DL (9 deep?) and LBs (7 deep?) where the DBs are (5 deep?). Also, if teams are throwing the ball, typically a DB makes the tackle. Not many DLmen are going to chase down a tackle on a pass.

Congradulations Hall's.Looks like we had a great outing in several areas.One is our team growing in our passing offense,another is our O-line looked great.I have to eat crow a little,spit out the feathers,and say great pass blocking.#4 Turner look's like he led the team with great control tonight.Glad to see you healthy.To all our other players who played,this was a great time for experence,so congradulations to all of you on a great night.Just a few more to note,#46 Fitzpatrick great run for 6,#37Bright on his pick,and#86 Starrett for a punt block with a recovery.Enjoy the vitory,then let's get ready for West High. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, I got lucky on the score prediction but I am not sure how much our team gained last night. I'm glad we got a few passing yards. I was glad to see #23 come back in after hurting his arm or hand. I hope no key players are out for next week. Reserve RB/LB #33 looked like he was hurt late in the game. I hope he is okay. All RB's seemed to have a good night. We also appeared to have a good crowd for the 3rd home game in a row.

Did anyone else see #6 get cheap-shotted from behind after #46 scored on the pass. I am glad no one for Halls got ejected for fighting back.

Let's get ready for West. This is a huge game again this year. It still looks like a close call between Halls, West, Clinton and Powell for the final three playoff spots. Central and SD may still get back on track as well. 6 teams fighting for 3 spots. This week is big.