Gibbs at Halls

fairplay2121

Halls played pretty well in winning against Central. They are playing a Gibbs team that is rebuilding under a new coach. I hear Treadway is a bright spot for the Eagles. What other players are doing well for Gibbs? Halls should win but how they execute will preview how they will do in the coming weeks of region play. IMO Halls needs to use this week to get better at:

1. Ball security. No more fumbles

2. Pass defense. Too many long 3rd down conversions.

3. Pass offense. Complete at least two passes beyond the line of scrimmage.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we will complete some slants, turner had an open BJ over the middle last week but overthrew it. i look for slants and hitches to come this week once we build a lead. the first couple drives will probably be the same ol' same ol' just to get started off on the right foot. then i look for coach williams to open it up some.

i think the starters will be out by the 3rd quarter at the latest. so this game is not only for trying to generate a pass game, it is also a game to get the younger more inexperienced guys some valuable playing time so that they know what it is like to play under the lights for the devils.

good luck to both teams and here is to hoping for no injuries on both sides (knock on wood)

with that said...

35-3 is my prediction

i think we will complete some slants, turner had an open BJ over the middle last week but overthrew it. i look for slants and hitches to come this week once we build a lead. the first couple drives will probably be the same ol' same ol' just to get started off on the right foot. then i look for coach williams to open it up some.

i think the starters will be out by the 3rd quarter at the latest. so this game is not only for trying to generate a pass game, it is also a game to get the younger more inexperienced guys some valuable playing time so that they know what it is like to play under the lights for the devils.

good luck to both teams and here is to hoping for no injuries on both sides (knock on wood)

with that said...

35-3 is my prediction

with that said...

35-3 is my prediction

They have beat us what 1 or 2 times in the last 50 years. This Friday aint gonna be the third time either. Sory about the double quote thing.

I mentioned on another thread that I felt Turner and Dowdy should alternate (THIS GAME ONLY) series and through the ball 20-25 times each. Let me calarify:

1.) I felt this would give T extra time to heal. I found out tonight he is getting close to 100% - I feel if he is healthy he is the man. Big games last year against Seveir County and West show what his leadership means to the team.

2.) I in no way support a two QB system. I think Dowdy has done a fine job with Turner hurt, but right now this team needs T's leadership, experience, and athletic ability. If I have left an impression otherwise, that has never been my intent.

3.) Finally, I have said I felt #3 was better at this stage than #6, but meant this in no way as disrespect to #6. I still feel the team palys well when #3 is in the game, and can't figure out why we don't see #21 in there some. The only RB I feel should be in ALL THE TIME is #23 (Waggoner). He does it all (block, catch and run). I think the more we spread th carries out, the more effective we seem to be.

Halls 20+

Kevin Waggoner needs to be in every play. If he's not carrying the ball, we need him blocking.

James O'Laughlin is our best back for making the big play. Both he and Zach Gibson need to be splitting the carries as both are very capable big play tailbacks and their rotation will cause their fresh legs to overwhelm opponents in the 4th quarter.

O'laughlin could be the best sophomore RB in Knoxville.

We have 4-5 kids who could be starting at RB on other teams; but this is the way it should be for a team that runs the Wing-T.

I am very proud of the defense; it's what makes this team a contender for the post-season IMO.

The future is bright for the Red Devils.