1-2 (1-0) Monterey @ 2-0 (1-0) York

panther14

So the battle on the Mountain begins Friday night @ York's ("being worked on') field. The Wildcats are fresh off a 34-6 beating given to the Mt. Juliet Christian Saints. The offense looked very well, and the improvement in the "not putting the ball on the ground" situation was a lift. However, key positioning changes could tell the story in three days. On the flip side, YAI has whipped up on both Coalfield and Cannon Co. only giving up a total of seven points all year. Are they still running their spread O like their Jr. High team? If so, MHS had better play sound football on D.

So let's all discuss and try to predict final outcomes.

I'll go first.

MHS 16

YAI 30

Commense au Postings!!!...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the battle on the Mountain begins Friday night @ York's ("being worked on') field. The Wildcats are fresh off a 34-6 beating given to the Mt. Juliet Christian Saints. The offense looked very well, and the improvement in the "not putting the ball on the ground" situation was a lift. However, key positioning changes could tell the story in three days. On the flip side, YAI has whipped up on both Coalfield and Cannon Co. only giving up a total of seven points all year. Are they still running their spread O like their Jr. High team? If so, MHS had better play sound football on D.

So let's all discuss and try to predict final outcomes.

I'll go first.

MHS 16

YAI 30

Commense au Postings!!!...

[/quote MHS WILL NOT score 16 points on the york D

YORK 42

MHS 7

Just want to congratulate the Dragons. 37-9 wasn't quite the score I expected, but a win is a win. York came out a little flat again. I hope the kids get fired up for next week against Smith Co. since the Owls are coming off a BIIIIIGGG loss to TC. Go Dragons!!! 3-0 let's make it 4-0 !!

And all the DRAGON faithful said "AMEN". Way to go York. Now get you some Owls! It was good to see so many young Dragons play and play well, especially on offense. I hated to see them give up the TD though.

Just want to congratulate the Dragons. 37-9 wasn't quite the score I expected, but a win is a win. York came out a little flat again. I hope the kids get fired up for next week against Smith Co. since the Owls are coming off a BIIIIIGGG loss to TC. Go Dragons!!! 3-0 let's make it 4-0 !!

How can you say congrats to a win like they pulled out against Monterey. I was there and saw what they did they were punks getting a unsportsman like by hitting a Monterey player out of bounds on to the coolers they landed on the track he was so far out of bounds. Monterey came out ready to play the first half. Then came the second half

Monterey had a good plan, just not enough depth to execute it. Good to see the long field goal, might come in handy down the road. Good to see the second string play as hard as they did. Second string got the TD and York had a lot of starters still on D. Good to see no turnovers. If Monterey can start executing the passing game and not blow coverages, we will be alright. Let's go seniors, need some leadership. Now comes the region schedule. Still 1-0 in region play.

Monterey had a good plan, just not enough depth to execute it. Good to see the long field goal, might come in handy down the road. Good to see the second string play as hard as they did. Second string got the TD and York had a lot of starters still on D. Good to see no turnovers. If Monterey can start executing the passing game and not blow coverages, we will be alright. Let's go seniors, need some leadership. Now comes the region schedule. Still 1-0 in region play.

a good game plan? speed sweep to the right speed sweep to the left. REPEAT. york only had one starter in on d when they scored and i believe that is just because they didn't have enough linebackers to play. last i checked an interception is still a turnover and what about the turnovers on loss of downs.