whats going on in Cannon co.?

owls1

So...the lions have started 0-2. any hopes of it getting better? lets hear it...

Looks like they are about the same place they were last year at this time. Their 1st game with Sequatchie went down to

the wire like it did last year...just a few points difference. Their 2nd game with YAI went about the same as last year.

i thought about staring this topic the other night. the calls on somethings so far are questionable,in my opinion.I think they've only kicked deep once or twice.On kickoff i think the rest have been onside kicks. thats kinda odd i thought. This year cannon seems to have no O from what i've seen and the D can do fairly well when they want. atleast so far this year. i figured after last year the boys learned they could compete with ALMOST anyone in region,they'd be on fire to start this year.but guess i was way wrong

i thought about staring this topic the other night. the calls on somethings so far are questionable,in my opinion.I think they've only kicked deep once or twice.On kickoff i think the rest have been onside kicks. thats kinda odd i thought. This year cannon seems to have no O from what i've seen and the D can do fairly well when they want. atleast so far this year. i figured after last year the boys learned they could compete with ALMOST anyone in region,they'd be on fire to start this year.but guess i was way wrong

A solid football program isn't built around merely Xs and Os. It takes way more than that. You have to have players. They have to be dedicated and committed all year around. Like I have said on the T before, I believe most games, at least regular season, are won or lost in the offseason. Secondly, the kids have to have a sense of stability. They have to know what is expected from them and out of them. They have to have a coach who can put a plan together, with the support of everyone, and make it happen. Finally, a program has to have what I like to call stick-to-it-ness. No one involved needs to start questioning everything under the sun. Bad calls are made all the time, on any level of football. Have faith enough in the system, your teammates, and your coaches that the answers will be found. Then be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. That's my honest opinion.

During the York game, it was assumed you had no kicking game. Otherwise, yep, kinda odd.

Looks like they are about the same place they were last year at this time. Their 1st game with Sequatchie went down to

the wire like it did last year...just a few points difference. Their 2nd game with YAI went about the same as last year.

that could be a positive way for the cc coaches players and fans to look at it. they went 6-5 last year after a bowl game, but no program wants to settle for a 500 record. so lets hope they can get this turned around this week and get the ball rolling