CoactT.com to the next level?

TankTalk

<<< I know, I misspelled CoachT.com in the title of this thread...man, I should use spellcheck more often!(ever had one of those days?>>>

I posted this in this forum because I felt it was the most read at the time. So hang in there with me for a moment while I ramble.

CoactT.com is a phenomenon in Tennessee. The numbers and growth are staggering and I dare to venture even Coach himself didn't dream it would grow into the juggernaut of information and entertainment that it has.

So, with that in mind, why not allow CoachT.com's popularity help those in need?

Think if you will for a moment, various sporting events accross the state to raise money. Then imagine, officials (coaches, teachers, administrators..etc.) going through this site and nominating scholar-athletes for CoachT.com scholarships. Then imagine a selection committee put together by Coach T to filter through these and choose the deserving ones, depending on the funds raised.

I think, with this site's popularity, it could raise money for SEVERAL $500 scholarships, which may not sound like much to some, would help a great deal to some who want to further their education. Now I know, time is a valuable thing and precious to many who come here. But I also think the spirit of helping is still great and conquers most. CoachT.com could become so much more than what it is. It could become something that actually makes a difference in the life of a young man or woman. It could be that one factor for a few that they look back on one day and say "If it hadn't been for CoachT.com, I may not have made that next step in my future..."

Now this is just the tip of the iceberg of what this site could accomplish, but it's not my site...thank goodness. hehe. I do love it, and it is my homepage and I will still stop in SEVERAL times a day and look at the fantastic creation that Coach T gave us sports lovers.

But I will also continue to think...that with a medium like this, many great things could be done statewide.

Post your thoughts on this, negative and positive. Maybe some ideas would be great as well.

[Edited by TankTalk on 8-5-02 12:19P]

[Edited by TankTalk on 8-5-02 12:29P]

[Edited by TankTalk on 8-5-02 12:30P]

i love this web site!!! it helps me kept up with what is goin on in my hometown and all kind of other stuff!! i come to this website 15-20 times a day!!

and all that stuff u said bout this web site is true CoachT does alot of work on here and i just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO CoachT !!!!!!!!!! WE LUV YOU!!, WELL I KNOW I DO!!!

Tank, I have avoided answering this but I just don't know how to answer it yet. This is something I have considered in a lot of different ways, from time-to-time, for quite awhile. I haven't come up with a way to really do it right yet. Maybe some fans can add to your ideas and it will come together.

I know you are quite a busy man, like most of us. I also know that you probably share my intense love of helping others. Finding the time, however, is the problem. Also, finding the people to help is a problem. Everyone may agree with a certain idea but so few would actually be willing to sacrifice the time.

Myself, I have helped cordinate several fundraisers. I also have many contacts at various schools and athletic organizations in east Tennessee. You have the same I am sure in middle. I would love, when the time is right, to get some more people together and seriously discuss what we could do together. It would take getting some heavy hitters with big hearts together though.

To do it right, I would suggest researching and asking questions of those who have done it before. Civic organizations who give out annual scholarships would be a good source for the legal issues. While schools themselves would be a great source for fundraising and event advice.

Anyway, it's deadline day so I am going back to work. I am always here to help out with these issues or anything for that matter Coach. Just give me a yell.

BTW, the site looks wonderful, but my Palpal thingie won't process. I am sending a check, and please don't bounce it too high...hehe. :)