Embarrassing Situation @ MCHS

MCHSIndians

It was bad enough that Rossview embarrassed our boys 38-8 only playing their starters half the game, but then our coach had to go and chew the boys out right in the middle of the field for everyone to hear. That needs to be taken to the locker room and not have all that dirty laundry aired in front of the crowd and other team.

To make matters worse, he was chewing them out about them playing around in the locker room and not being in shape and not working hard without accepting any of the blame. Any coach I ever had said it was his fault if we were out of shape and it was his fault if we were not disciplined. It's no wonder our boys haven't been able to win. They don't have any real leadership. If they are lazy and out of shape, it is because the coaches are lazy and out of shape.

And, from what I could see, he may have just lost this team from that tirade. Most of the juniors and seniors were just walking off the field shaking their heads. Looks like another 0 - 10 season.

No...there is not a lot of talent. But, there is enough talent to win 2 or 3 games and be competetive in the others. We're getting blown out by weak teams. I don't care how little talent a team has, coaches are there to lead and motivate...not embarrass them in the middle of the field. Talented teams can't win without coaches who lead and motivate.

It was bad enough that Rossview embarrassed our boys 38-8 only playing their starters half the game, but then our coach had to go and chew the boys out right in the middle of the field for everyone to hear. That needs to be taken to the locker room and not have all that dirty laundry aired in front of the crowd and other team.

To make matters worse, he was chewing them out about them playing around in the locker room and not being in shape and not working hard without accepting any of the blame. Any coach I ever had said it was his fault if we were out of shape and it was his fault if we were not disciplined. It's no wonder our boys haven't been able to win. They don't have any real leadership. If they are lazy and out of shape, it is because the coaches are lazy and out of shape.

And, from what I could see, he may have just lost this team from that tirade. Most of the juniors and seniors were just walking off the field shaking their heads. Looks like another 0 - 10 season.

Who is MCHS?

Very unfortunate situation. I am sorry to hear that took place. There is a time and place for everything. It is always the right time and place to stand up and be a leader. Again, sorry and I wish you all the best the rest of the season.

Coaches are not perfect...and have bad days. I personally know Coach is a good man and works his tail off for that team! Everything he does is to try and make "the boys" of yours successful. Maybe some of the kids need to work as hard as he does...and care as much as he does!!!

There are issues at Central beyond his control...like dealing with a not so cooperative administration to start with...and it goes down hill from there. I know he is going to get it turned around...and do good things with that team! I'm new to this area and don't know all the history...but I think winning games has been an issue at Central since before he took over. There seems to be issues all throughout the county schools in football...sounds more like a systemic issue to me.

Go Indians!

Ricky Ray is a very good guy and he is a quality coach. He just doesn't have resources to work with at MCHS. He, nor any of his assistants, work within the hallways of the school I do not think.

Coach Ray led the Indians to the playoffs in 2004. That year they beat Creek Wood, Sycamore, and Fairview on their way to the postseason. I believe in time things will get better for Central. They should really profit BIG TIME from the "Z Plan" when it goes into effect next year.

Outside of the time Coach Ray took the Indians to the playoffs in 2004 they had only been to the playoffs 1 TIME IN THE SCHOOL'S HISTORY!!!! That came in 1999 when they got hammered by Milan in the opening round.

Sometimes things are said in the heat of the moment but it never hurts to give the benefit of the doubt. Then again, I wasn't there in person so I can't go either way. As mentioned, going on a forum such as this may not help the situation either. Just my $.02. I had a message from a friend upset about some comments from someone and was pretty mad about it yesterday. After checking the situation, the person they were mad at had already issued a public apology a day earlier.

If they are lazy and out of shape, it is because the coaches are lazy and out of shape.

I don't agree with this at all. Every player has to make a decision as to how dedicated and disciplined they will be.

Either way I hope it works out.

I don't agree with this at all. Every player has to make a decision as to how dedicated and disciplined they will be.

Either way I hope it works out.

Agreed. A coach is not going to go to practice and say, "Ya'll run if you want to. Try to get in shape." A coach wants to win. He wouldn't be putting this much time into it if he didn't. If a kid loves the game and wants to be the best he can be, he's going to do whatever it takes to be the best he can be. If he's enough of a leader, this will rub off on his teammates. When you start seeing the kids stay after practice, meet up on Sundays, and work at home on conditioning and fundamentals, then you'll know what you've got. The coach won't have to tell them to do it. They'll do it with or without him.

Not saying this is the case but usually when you have parents that complain about the coaches, the players pick up on it and everyone loses respect for the program