Moore Co vs Marion co & Sweetwater

Whiteshoes

Posted by MAMAG:

I couldn't help but notice that Marion's team this year is much smaller than past teams. Just curious if any of the other Seq. Valley's schools have seen a decline in number of players. I thought Marion's defense looked pretty good, but the offense seem to have some problems. Hope they get those ironed out before the season starts.

What kind of numbers does Marion have someone posted where Whitwell had around (30-40) I think that is outstanding for them. Sequatchie has around (30) they graduated (8) of last years team but the past three years have had around 10 or more Freshmen come out and I think it is do to the great Coach and staff we now have in Dunlap the last coach was kind of a hot head and a lot people didn't want to play for him.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure on the numbers in Dunlap? Last I heard it was around 28 players including the incoming freshman. That was from a pretty reliable source. Marion will have around 32 to 33 players this year including frehman. 3 players did not play in the scrimmage tuesday with various injuries. Also on the Sweetwater stats I would like to venture that most of those yards came in the final 10 plays when the officials had left. And were gained primarily on the Warriors defensive reserves. I am not sure what pass interference you were talking about because in the secondary we had one penalty and it was during the Moore Co. scrimmage for a 5 yard incidential face mask. All three teams should be good this year and all made some mistakes. I thought it was a good scrimmage for everyone involved and wish both Moore and Sweetwater good luck this season.

Posted by wardawg2038:

Are you sure on the numbers in Dunlap? Last I heard it was around 28 players including the incoming freshman. That was from a pretty reliable source. Marion will have around 32 to 33 players this year including frehman. 3 players did not play in the scrimmage tuesday with various injuries.

Is (28) players not around 30?:confused:

Also on the Sweetwater stats I would like to venture that most of those yards came in the final 10 plays when the officials had left. And were gained primarily on the Warriors defensive reserves. I am not sure what pass interference you were talking about because in the secondary we had one penalty and it was during the Moore Co. scrimmage for a 5 yard incidential face mask. All three teams should be good this year and all made some mistakes. I thought it was a good scrimmage for everyone involved and wish both Moore and Sweetwater good luck this season.

Are you talking to me about this I wasn't at the scrimmage I don't know anything about a Pass Interference Call! :confused:

[Edited by Sequatchie on 8-8-02 2:08P]