Brentwood Academy vs Baylor

bwfootball4life

Coach Potter travels back home to Chattanooga for an important region clash between BA and Baylor. BA has a 3-1 record while Baylor is 2-1 on the year. Brentwood is 1-0 in the region with a 17-3 win over McCallie while this is Baylor is 0-1 losing 14-3 in a great effort against MBA. Predictions anyone?

Mine is BA 21....Baylor 10.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes with Baylor in this...but logically you have to go Brentwood Academy. They came into the year hyped as #1 and MBA has earned that right for now. Baylor did play MBA tough but MBA won it 14-3- Ralph Potter will not want to come to Chattanooga and lose....or even play poorly so he will have them pumped. Baylor was hit hard by graduation....but oddly enough it has not effected them. Because a huge chunk of them did not play last year due to injuries....the most I have ever heard of. About 11 senior starters were out due to injuries. But not meaning to talk bad about the coach because he is a great guy. But his running his son over and over and over again last year even while he was injured too....lost a few games for Baylor. That player (everyone knows who I am talking about) is a great athlete....but no one can win a game alone and that seemed to be a theme. And it cost the Red Raiders dearly. I believe this years team....while maybe not having as much talent will be alot more successful. And having said that I think Baylor will pull a few upsets along the way.......

In an upset

Baylor 21

Brentwood Academy 14

I remember when MBA played Baylor last year that they had a ton of injuries all year and they did not recover from that. I try to keep up with D2 teams beside MBA also and I remember that they tried to rely too much on the coaches son Tyler Massey. I agree that no matter how talented someone is you can't give the ball to them "all" the time. So, after seeing the MBA and Baylor game this year....this Baylor team plays more like a team. That happens when you do not try to make a "star" out of one player. That running back of Baylor's is just great. I think the Baylor and BA game will be pretty close. Still think BA wins.....but maybe the Red Raiders will pull the upset. But I will say BA 17 Baylor 14. Good luck to Baylor!

My heart goes with Baylor in this...but logically you have to go Brentwood Academy. They came into the year hyped as #1 and MBA has earned that right for now. Baylor did play MBA tough but MBA won it 14-3- Ralph Potter will not want to come to Chattanooga and lose....or even play poorly so he will have them pumped. Baylor was hit hard by graduation....but oddly enough it has not effected them. Because a huge chunk of them did not play last year due to injuries....the most I have ever heard of. About 11 senior starters were out due to injuries. But not meaning to talk bad about the coach because he is a great guy. But his running his son over and over and over again last year even while he was injured too....lost a few games for Baylor. That player (everyone knows who I am talking about) is a great athlete....but no one can win a game alone and that seemed to be a theme. And it cost the Red Raiders dearly. I believe this years team....while maybe not having as much talent will be alot more successful. And having said that I think Baylor will pull a few upsets along the way.......

In an upset

Baylor 21

Brentwood Academy 14

Coach Potter would really be upset to travel to Chattanooga and lose to Baylor. I hope Baylor can pull off the upset but it will be a big upset if they do. Sounds like the Red Raiders have a great running back and the o line will need to help him to get some holes. Good luck Baylor...hope you make Coach Potter's trip home to Chattanooga a rude homecoming.

BA 17

Baylor 10