Sequoyah (0-3,0-1) & Notre Dame (1-3,1-1)

Sequoyah SID

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs are probably one of the best 0-3 teams out there. Played some real tough competition and had chances to win every game. Is this the week the Chiefs put one in the W column? Notre Dame picked up a big win against Meigs. Can they carry over the momentum? What's everyone's thoughts?

There is no doubt that this is the game the Chiefs finally get a win for all the hard work and great players on the team. Every team has a turning point and I have yet to see the Chiefs give up in any game. The coaching staff shoud be very proud of what they have going. It will not be easy most football games are not, ask Central after the matchup with the Chiefs.

The Chiefs need to ask each other: Is our field ready for rain. (You have done all the work, now prepare for the harvest) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Chiefs 21

N.D. 12

After last night I believe Sequoyah fans saw a whole different ball team. I was afraid that the boys would come out intimidated and scared, but these boys came out with the mentality to win. Central is a great football team. They have atheletes to win the region but other than about four BIG plays the Chief Defense held strong and even held them out for a few series. Last night boys impressed me a lot and I will continue to see more improvement from week to week. Expect next week's game to be a good one, ending with a long awaited Chiefs win.

Final Score

Notre Dame- 7

Sequoyah- 28

GO CHIEFS!!

I was kind of suprized at the Notre Dame - Meigs score. Anybody got info on that game? Did Shoot play in this game or not??? Has Meigs tanked it?? I hope the Chiefs pound the rock. Does Notre Dame still run the 3-5? They still running the same offense? The key for Friday will be simple. If the Chiefs go to practice hungry and focused on the task at hand, come out Friday with that same fire in there belly. I think the trip home wil be enjoyable. They must have a sense of urgencey, they have a lot to play for.

The O-line will be a force, Jacob White has break out game. Chiefs still need work on the deep ball. Chiefs go on the warpath and scalp the Irish! Chiefs 35 Irish 21. GO CHIEFS!!!

This I would like to see! It would be great to see the Chiefs dominate a game with smash mouth, shove it down your throat football. Then everyone would have to recognize that talented front line we have. The only thing better would be dominate ALL areas of the game. Just hope the team remains focused as they have been in the past 3 games. I do like it that everyone is taking it one game at a time and remaining patient with the team and coaches.

I was kind of suprized at the Notre Dame - Meigs score. Anybody got info on that game? Did Shoot play in this game or not??? Has Meigs tanked it?? I hope the Chiefs pound the rock. Does Notre Dame still run the 3-5? They still running the same offense? The key for Friday will be simple. If the Chiefs go to practice hungry and focused on the task at hand, come out Friday with that same fire in there belly. I think the trip home wil be enjoyable. They must have a sense of urgencey, they have a lot to play for.

Yeah Doc, I too was really suprised by the score, what happen? Somebody tell us!

I believe Coach Wiggins is running the same offense and defense. Coach Wiggins is as good as anyone in our region in breaking down a defense and game planning against it. The 3-5 ( if ND still runs it) is not designed or very good at stopping run oriented offenses. I look for the Seq OL to be tested more mentally than physically because they will have to trust their blocking rules. I think the game might be low scoring because both teams might look to control the LOS and get long sustained scoring drives. You got to think that Wiggins will find a way to attack the corners.

Did not get a good look at Sequoyah special team play Friday. Wiggins will be looking for an advantage here.

I like everybodies take. POUND THE ROCK. With the 3-5 they are quessing anyway when they blitz. One suggestion-Find a way to load the QB player and get 15 down in the seam. Good Luck Chiefs

I believe Coach Wiggins is running the same offense and defense. Coach Wiggins is as good as anyone in our region in breaking down a defense and game planning against it. The 3-5 ( if ND still runs it) is not designed or very good at stopping run oriented offenses. I look for the Seq OL to be tested more mentally than physically because they will have to trust their blocking rules. I think the game might be low scoring because both teams might look to control the LOS and get long sustained scoring drives. You got to think that Wiggins will find a way to attack the corners.

Did not get a good look at Sequoyah special team play Friday. Wiggins will be looking for an advantage here.

I like everybodies take. POUND THE ROCK. With the 3-5 they are quessing anyway when they blitz. One suggestion-Find a way to load the QB player and get 15 down in the seam. Good Luck Chiefs

I will have to agree pound the rock make them load the box when they do use play action to get to get #15 or #37 in space one on one they match up well with just about anybody.

WARHORSE THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR HELPING LAST WEEK WE WILL NEVER FORGET IT. MRS. FATMAN SAID COME HAVE SOME BBQ ON HER.

Wiggins is a good coach. What makes the 3-5 hard on the O-line is they have to learn how to Zone block practically in a week. They have to step to there aiming point and block whoever fills that gap, they have just got to trust what they see, if there meat goes away(don't chase) stay on track the LB is coming. It can take some of there aggressiveness away but with a lot of reps through the week they will be fine. Your right, midline (follow) with the wing folding on OLB(load), tackle is the key cant let 4 tech cross his face, center and guard double nose climb to back side backer, Fullback takes Mike, Only player left is the safety, if 4tech on tackle goes away tackle takes OLB and wing climbs to safety and you have a big big play that hurts them all night, when they start squeezing everyone, run veer and buck sweep(off tackle power), mix in some play action and it then just becomes who guesses right. , counter ISO, ( sally for the wing t guys) hurts them too.

On Defense I would plan on stemming some because Wiggins calls play from sidelines after seeing the defense.

Anybody know how well ND throws it? I haven't been able to find any articles in the Chattanooga papers?